Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Twitter Racists React to

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    She's a not racist because she has many friends of different races. That's always the excuse.

I have many diverse friends, I just hate n!ggers.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    hmm so I wikipediaed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

And I got to say I'm less sympathetic to their cause than I was at the beginning. If they are marginalized I can kind of see why.

I believe racially based militia groups probably should be marginalized

maybe point me to articles that paint them in a better light?
    The purpose of asking you to read up on them is not to inspire sympathy to their cause. It was for you to ask yourself why the Panthers were basically condemned as threats to national security, while the KKK weren't considered threats for their own actions against minorities and allowed to march out in the open, unopposed by the same law enforcement agencies that branded the Panthers as outlaws.

The difference between the two groups is that the KKK are a white supremist group known historically for race hate crimes. The Panthers, regardless of whether you support their cause or agree with their methodology, were formed as a response to those hate crimes and for the progression of blacks and minorities in a segregated society where they were deemed inferior and treated as subhuman in many cases. Law enforcement officers were killed expressly because as far as the Panthers were concerned, they were part of the oppressive system and used their police powers to violate the rights of minorities.

Now saying that, some of their ideals were wayyyyy off the beaten path like the demands you highlighted. I'm not saying they were justified in their methods, but historically true social revolution often came from militant action. I'd tend to go more with Martin Luther Kings approach, as his philosophy was not only about the advancement of minorities but all in all a society of equal opportunity where color had no significance.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 11-12-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    The purpose of asking you to read up on them is not to inspire sympathy to their cause. It was for you to ask yourself why the Panthers were basically condemned as threats to national security, while the KKK weren't considered threats for their own actions against minorities and allowed to march out in the open, unopposed by the same law enforcement agencies that branded the Panthers as outlaws.

The difference between the two groups is that the KKK are a white supremist group known historically for race hate crimes. The Panthers, regardless of whether you support their cause or agree with their methodology, were formed as a response to those hate crimes and for the progression of blacks and minorities in a segregated society where they were deemed inferior and treated as subhuman in many cases. Law enforcement officers were killed expressly because as far as the Panthers were concerned, they were part of the oppressive system and used their police powers to violate the rights of minorities.

Now saying that, some of their ideals were wayyyyy off the beaten path like the demands you highlighted. I'm not saying they were justified in their methods, but historically true social revolution often came from militant action. I'd tend to go more with Martin Luther Kings approach, as his philosophy was not only about the advancement of minorities but all in all a society of equal opportunity where color had no significance.

Another thing about the panthers that is important is the fact that their hardline militant stance came when they began promoting that black folks know their rights (mostly gun rights, and their rights when it comes to interaction with the police).. This is where you start seeing cops going down when dealing with them..

Panthers were like today's americans who tote guns like its going out of style.. It would be like the tea party, but young black men instead.

Black Panthers != New Black Panthers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

The New Black Panther Party (NBPP), whose formal name is the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, is a U.S.-based black political organization founded in Dallas, Texas in 1989. Despite its name, NBPP is not an official successor to the Black Panther Party.[1] Members of the original Black Panther Party have insisted that the newer party is illegitimate and have firmly declared that "there is no new Black Panther Party".[1]
    As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn... [T]hey denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded... The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.[42]

I actually found quite a bit of racism with Obama's supporters as well. I even saw a few saying if Romney was elected, they were going to go out and murder the first white person they see. So no side is really innocent.

I don't support Obama or Romney, but all this was completely messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    I actually found quite a bit of racism with Obama's supporters as well. I even saw a few saying if Romney was elected, they were going to go out and murder the first white person they see. So no side is really innocent.
    Of course, there's good and bad on both sides. My problem is when people attribute certain characteristics to a particular race, which cuts to the heart of racism.

This needs more Chris Rock education on what a black person is and what a ****** is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    As far as the KKK/Black Panther stuff goes, in all honesty, for all the shit white people have done to black people throughout the history of this country I can't even get mad if some black dudes felt resentment and wanted to harm white people.
    So we should just let blacks disregard the law when they break the law against white people?

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Amazing he defeated white men twice and still widespread racism in US.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    So we should just let blacks disregard the law when they break the law against white people?
    Let me translate for everyone else:

Decent college freshman

lol is this woman trying to do the chris rock bit or something