Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Anthony Bennett Bandwagon Thread...Sign up at the door

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think the Cavs could put a really interesting small ball lineup on the court.

Irving
    Waiters
    Gee
    Bennett
    Thompson

Could definitely give teams fits in short bursts on the offensive end.
    we drafted karasev too, he would be an even better fit for an offense first line-up. hes supposed to be a great shooter.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's gonna be a b-b-b-east on the block

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I got 6500+ views for a six-word thread title.

You lost, I win.

Business as usual
    This dusty ass fool thinks thread views matter

Its not iTunes, those aren't downloads.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    No one said Waiters or Irving would be busts. And who the hell is Thompson? He's a nobody.

This guy is the Thomas Robinson of the draft. Remember Derrick Williams? Cleveland is tanking it another year to get Wiggins.
    RoseCity, you normally don't suck this hard as a poster, are you fighting substance abuse problems as of late?

Thompson put up 11.7 and 9.4 in his second year and is only 22.

Kyrie Irving is a top ten and only 21. And the rumblings pre draft was he was fat and injury prone (sound familiar).

Bennett is 20, a top character and team guy, has a 7'1" wingspan, dunk contest winning athleticism, can run all day and is built like a brick shit house. Add to that his offensive rebounding abilities, amazing footwork, inside out game and his well above average jumper (something he can build to unstoppable levels) and there are very few players on the planet who bring that much to the table. He could end up being Charles Barkley when all is said and done.

Plus Waiters is only 21 and a nice piece too. This team will be special, Dan Gilbert will be vindicated.

how do you see bennett and tristan playing together though?

they would be the shortest bigman duo in the league, or bennett will be one of the heaviest SF in the league (maybe the heaviest, not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    RoseCity, you normally don't suck this hard as a poster, are you fighting substance abuse problems as of late?

Thompson put up 11.7 and 9.4 in his second year and is only 22.

Kyrie Irving is a top ten and only 21. And the rumblings pre draft was he was fat and injury prone (sound familiar).

Bennett is 20, a top character and team guy, has a 7'1" wingspan, dunk contest winning athleticism, can run all day and is built like a brick shit house. Add to that his offensive rebounding abilities, amazing footwork, inside out game and his well above average jumper (something he can build to unstoppable levels) and there are very few players on the planet who bring that much to the table. He could end up being Charles Barkley when all is said and done.

Plus Waiters is only 21 and a nice piece too. This team will be special, Dan Gilbert will be vindicated.
    I liked Irving and waiters. I was wrong about Thompson but still. 10 and 10 isn't amazing for such a bad team. You think this kid is Charles Barkley? That's quite a stretch. This is the nba man. The best of the best. It's not going to be a cake walk.

This was a bold number 1 pick to say the least.

I struggle to see how two PF's will work for Cleveland. I could be wrong, but height does count for something. However, his body size is definately imposing and he has skills to be a very good player.

I see Cavs making the playoffs this year, with the improvement of Irving alone.

I suppose you couldn't do worse than picking thabeet number 3 a few years back

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I liked Irving and waiters. I was wrong about Thompson but still. 10 and 10 isn't amazing for such a bad team. You think this kid is Charles Barkley? That's quite a stretch. This is the nba man. The best of the best. It's not going to be a cake walk.
    You don't understand the use of the word 'could'? Why are posters willfully ignorant of the meaning of the sentences one types when offering a rebuttal?

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I love the pick, Bennett is going to be a monster.

when you watch the guy play, he stands out. immediately you ask "damn, who is that guy?"

That guy is a beast named Anthony Bennett. The main criticism is his height, but his arms are super long and he is extremely broad and strong. Not only is he capable of banging in the post in the NBA, he is going to f*** people up. Personally I see him as a power forward, not a small forward-- and if that means out with Tristan Thompson, then so be it.

Bennett is a beast.
    In the future, we will look back at Bennett as the clear-cut best player from this draft. And after 20 games next season, the Cavs front office will look brilliant.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 06-29-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Banned

heres footage of Andrew Wiggins throwing it off the backboard to Bennet for a poster on Nerlens Noel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlNitn9Mxcs

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    Comment of a hater. Make false statements about Cleveland players being garbage with nothing to back it up. Gets called out as a hater. Denies being a hater with a comment that directly coralates with hating.
    Why were you guys so bad if you had all these good players?

My Wolves had so many injuries we were rolling out D-League lineups for half a year and we still got more wins.

I think Bennett will be good but he will get torched at the 3 and the savior TT is playing the 4. Imagine Bennett trying to guard LeBron.

On a side note, I really like Karasev.

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    heres footage of Andrew Wiggins throwing it off the backboard to Bennet for a poster on Nerlens Noel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlNitn9Mxcs
    Doesn't even look that small compared to Noel. Looks maybe slightly shorter but much thicker.

I would really like to see this kid pan out and become a consistent all-star

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

lmao