Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Is Lance Armstrong the biggest cheater in sports of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Failed drug test or it didn't happen.
    agree.......where are the Failed drug tests ?......

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    I don't following cycling, don't care for it at all and I'm not American. But the excuses everyone cheats seems quite reasonable from this. If you are going to take testimonial evidence, which is what they are using to prove he cheated. Then within those testimonies of him cheating they are saying that nearly every top rider was also cheating... So if that form of evidence is reason enough to believe against Armstrong, surely it is enough to argue a case(excuse) for him also?
    You're missing part of the story. Being the best cheater is just one of his offenses. He was a team leader of a very successful doping team that used the best techniques and best doctors. Armstrong very likely paid money to a corrupt UCI to get tips on blood and void two positive tests, hired the best lawyers to sue journalists who exposed him for millions, got a tell-all book banned from English translation (which is partly why Americans are a decade late to the realization that Armstrong was a cheater), enforced the isolation of riders who went to the media and was generally brutal to them, including riders known for being clean who complained about the pressures described in the linked article. The guy is not normal in the head judging by the way he continues to deny and is continuously doubling down on his innocence to keep his hero status to his dwindling believers. If he hadn't struggled so crazily his whole career to keep his doping under wraps and make sure noone spoke out, he would have been just another doper but remembered as a great cyclist like all the other greatest cyclists of all time, but he did and he won't be.
    Last edited by yobore; 10-12-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Very good NBA starter

armstrong was like the gangsta who pimped his riders. if you tried to rat him out or dare go tell anybody about it, he'd come after you like an insane mothafukka and fukk you up. others wanted out but had no choice. he abused his powers so much and attacked anyone who dared to stand up. the most corrupt guy on the team was probably lance armstrong.

I think armstrong is total piece of sh!t not because he cheated since that was done by everyone. but I think he's a big piece of sh!t because of the way he's acted this entire time. he took advantage of his cancer beating story to betray so many people's trust and he cheated the hearts of every fan to pretend to be this great and admirable all-american hero. he also took advantage of his position to maliciously hurt anyone who dared to speak the truth. he was a lying bastard to the highest degree. there's just no ounce of honor in that. at all.

his way of intimidating any whistle blower by throwing down giant lawsuits also shows how far he'd go to expand his level of deceit, showing his true colors of character. every denial was vehement. he'd even lie to people straight-to-their-eyes-without-blinking and give "swear to god on my mother's grave" type of promises that he was 100% clean because all he cared about was you buying into his bullshit story and believing he was still this glorious all-american hero.

but it turns out, he's not a hero.

he's just a sorry ass piece of sh!t. probably the biggest piece of sh!t ever for someone who gave such a false image of an honorable person. and he doesn't appear to show any remorse at all. you see other remorseful riders coming forward and acknowledging their own mistakes. but armstrong?? still the same corrupt lying assho!e who wants to hurt and attack people back instead of admitting his wrong. he betrayed and stepped on so many people to just save his own ass.

he couldn't be anything more opposite than a hero.
    Last edited by DCL; 10-12-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Banned

Calvin Murphy ftw.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Maybe substances he took caused his cancer.
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 10-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Carl Lewis is probably the biggest cheater of all time.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    agree.......where are the Failed drug tests ?......
    He failed 5 or 6 tests for EPO in 1999 after they went back and tested his samples with newer techniques.

Even if they didn't have physical evidence on him, Barry Bonds never failed a drug test either. 11 of Lance's former teammates ratted on him, basically said he was the ringleader of the entire doping program. They have emails and other docs connecting him to Dr. Ferrari, the dude convicted of trafficing PEDs. We really gonna act like this is just some massive conspiracy to bring down a beloved American hero for no reason?

Whether you think it matters or not is one thing, but let's not act like he didn't do it. He's obviously guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    He failed 5 or 6 tests for EPO in 1999 after they went back and tested his samples with newer techniques.

Even if they didn't have physical evidence on him, Barry Bonds never failed a drug test either. 11 of Lance's former teammates ratted on him, basically said he was the ringleader of the entire doping program. They have emails and other docs connecting him to Dr. Ferrari, the dude convicted of trafficing PEDs. We really gonna act like this is just some massive conspiracy to bring down a beloved American hero for no reason?

Whether you think it matters or not is one thing, but let's not act like he didn't do it. He's obviously guilty.
    does not matter what others riders have to say, bikeriders are egocentric assholes, and with a bad personality in general.........ever heard those dikks talk in interwiews ?........when i was a kid, i used to ride mountainbike, visited a few bikeshops where semi-pro riders worked.......damm, they were some assholes !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19912623

some more of the sordid details revealed by hamilton. i find it amusing that all they had to do was hide when drug testers came around. seriously, that's like a 4 year old hiding from his mom

and damn, they just had packets of blood taped to the wall ready to go for IV. that's some organization.

i think accountability is a lot better now. random drug tests aren't truly random if you get tipped off or can just show up later. you should be able to show up for a drug test within an hour. they should install a system where if you can't make it, you get a check. one check = warning. i can understand having an emergency or being tied up that you can't make it within that hour. two checks = 6 month ban. make your drug test or risk coming off as possibly guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Why does anyone care about any sport. I cared.

Have you read the news reports? I just did. Nothing half assed about it. Multiple teammates testified against him. The biggest names in American cycling were all in on it, and detailed how the whole scheme worked. The news articles make it clear, that if you were a young rider on the Postal team, you had to dope or lose your job because Armstrong felt you might be a weak link if you didn't dope.

It's all going to make an interesting movie one day.
    He prolly juiced but most the people testifying against him just got caught so they'll obviously say whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    He prolly juiced but most the people testifying against him just got caught so they'll obviously say whatever.
    three were never caught (hincapie, zabriskie, vande velde). hincapie was considered armstrong's 'best bro'. that's why i said his account is the most damning and some of the hardest evidence to ignore. six total never even said anything negative about lance publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    three were never caught (hincapie, zabriskie, vande velde). hincapie was considered armstrong's 'best bro'. that's why i said his account is the most damning and some of the hardest evidence to ignore. six total never even said anything negative about lance publicly.
    Most of them were caught, and I assume the remaining would have been had they not come forward against Lance. Everyone was juicing, he was still the best; shouldn't change anything.

Most of them were caught, and I assume the remaining would have been had they not come forward against Lance. Everyone was juicing, he was still the best; shouldn't change anything.
    how would the three that have never tested positive be caught without their testimony? hincapie is retired. he's now had his admission of guilt...he arguably had the most to lose as his reputation is damn near spotless.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 10-13-2012 at 03:56 AM.

That's not so obvious at all.

Also as pointed out, if you followed the sport, these names jump out at you, particularly Hincapie.

When I saw George Hincapie's name, I just thought the jig is up.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    how would the three that have never tested positive be caught without their testimony? hincapie is retired. he's now had his admission of guilt...he arguably had the most to lose as his reputation is damn near spotless.
    Lance prolly juiced but the ones who weren't caught are obviously jealous. Silly you can't see this.