Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #586
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Active shooter(s) at Mandalay Bay hotel in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
They're different dudes, they're buddies, or they used to be. It's amazing to see how they've changed over the years. Primer used to be a drunk idiot (i love you homey but you were, I was a stoned idiot) and Dooms was always about this conspiracy shit but clearly got really f*cked up by his divorce and is behaving like this as a defense mechanism. Descent into madness. I know $100 isn't much Dooms but I'll give you $100 (honor system) if you spend one week under the following restrictions

*no internet
*you can use your phone for calling people and texting people only, and try to keep it to vital communications. No apps, no youtube, no social media, no ISH.
*you can watch movies (on your TV or big screen only), you can read, you can listen to music (on a stereo not a device), you can play outside.

One week man, I challenge you. I bet you find some truth. And you get $100, take some girl out to eat!
This is correct

And yes I was a drunk moron...I was a piece of shit in general back then

Honestly I was similar to some of the Trump followers I see in here...only worse because I was drunk a lot.

I got sober...met a woman I love...had children...now all those immature opinions I had have vanished. When you have kids, you can't afford to be a jackass with jackass views. Shit becomes real, you're forced to grow up.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 AM   #587
Im Still Ballin
well well well

Hahaha what a bunch of losers!
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:55 AM   #588
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
so did they repair the windows without anyone seeing?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #589
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

One week man, I challenge you. I bet you find some truth. And you get $100, take some girl out to eat!

honestly... I'd rather post on ISH lol.

but yea... should probably break free from the web for awhile.

for my own mental health.

I'll try to avoid any conspiracy discussion going forward...

but the world hasn't been making that easy for me as of late.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:00 AM   #590
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
honestly... I'd rather post on ISH lol.

but yea... should probably break free from the web for awhile.

for my own mental health.

I'll try to avoid any conspiracy discussion going forward...

but the world hasn't been making that easy for me as of late.
how many times have you said this to ISH though?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 AM   #591
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
how many times have you said this to ISH though?

Old 10-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #592
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Assuming he acted alone...there is no reason for anyone to get a lawyer

Lawyers are expensive for one

While talking to the cops, as a suspect or otherwise, you can request someone from the public pretenders office to sit in. Even if you aren't "indigent." Obviously also not talking about traffic ticket situations or anything similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123

You for real?

Dumbsh.it of the year award right here

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:27 AM   #593
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

btw...

RIP to all the victims of this tragedy.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:41 AM   #594
FatComputerNerd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
btw...

RIP to all the victims of this tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ODeKJdhff0
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:53 AM   #595
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

lol.

I mean... I do feel bad talking about conspiracies regarding this event...

or any event...

that's why I like posting anonymously... on a site with low traffic.

but lord have mercy on the man that discusses this stuff on his FB profile.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #596
UK2K
NBA Legend

Honestly, I've seen the pictures, and there's zero doubt in my mind that a lot of those weapons were placed where they are in the pictures.

But if I look at those pictures, I can point out a dozen things that don't add up. Not one bolt locked to the rear. 'Empty' guns with magazines still inserted. His foot under the rifle. The lack of brass casings. The fact that some rifles are in the middle of the room for no reason. Why he used a revolver to shoot himself when he had 23 other weapons to choose from? Why would anyone put a foregrip that far forward on a rifle? How could the revolver bounce that far behind his head if he was sitting or laying down when he shot himself, and he was sitting or laying down because if he had been standing, his legs wouldn't be straight. Where were the bump stocks?

I'm not doubting the pictures are authentic, but I am doubting that at least a few of those weapons weren't touched before pictures were taken.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #597
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Honestly, I've seen the pictures, and there's zero doubt in my mind that a lot of those weapons were placed where they are in the pictures.

But if I look at those pictures, I can point out a dozen things that don't add up. Not one bolt locked to the rear. 'Empty' guns with magazines still inserted. His foot under the rifle. The lack of brass casings. The fact that some rifles are in the middle of the room for no reason. Why he used a revolver to shoot himself when he had 23 other weapons to choose from? Why would anyone put a foregrip that far forward on a rifle? How could the revolver bounce that far behind his head if he was sitting or laying down when he shot himself, and he was sitting or laying down because if he had been standing, his legs wouldn't be straight. Where were the bump stocks?

I'm not doubting the pictures are authentic, but I am doubting that at least a few of those weapons weren't touched before pictures were taken.

Witnesses did say they saw a man in a security uniform, running from security.

If that makes sense...

Can't put the pieces together, but it's plausible there was more than one shooter. The lack of rounds might be from the other guy who may of been on the reported lower floors, from recorded gunshots and gun flashes.

Who f.cking knows anymore. You are likely to pick one conspiracy out of every 10. Could be right, could be wrong.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #598
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Witnesses did say they saw a man in a security uniform, running from security.

If that makes sense...

Can't put the pieces together, but it's plausible there was more than one shooter. The lack of rounds might be from the other guy who may of been on the reported lower floors, from recorded gunshots and gun flashes.

Who f.cking knows anymore. You are likely to pick one conspiracy out of every 10. Could be right, could be wrong.

During a firefight once in Afghanistan, shit hit the fan and I fired off 192 rounds from my 240G (7.62 rounds) in probably less than 2 minutes. I had a PILE of brass all around my turret hatch, in the back seats, on the floor in the back of the truck, on top of everyone's shit, and all over the roof of the truck.

That was 200 rounds. This guy had to have shot AT LEAST 1,000 if not more like 2,000. Where's the brass? I mean, 200 brass casings makes a pretty big ****ing pile, and I don't see one there. He wasn't shooting out the windows, and brass ejects back and to the right anyway, so you would think the floor would be littered with brass, but that's not the case.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #599
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Good work UK2k, you have raised a lot of valid points.

I've never fired a fully auto weapon. But I imagine that firing full auto from the 32nd floor isn't a recipe for success.

Looking at the numbers. If he killed 60 people in 10 to 15 minutes. That means he averaged a kill every 10 to 15 seconds... While sustaining this pace with zero breaks for a full 10 to 15 minutes.

UK I already read some of your posts concerning fatigue factor from sustaining full auto fire for that long. What about the total effectiveness? I understand there were huge crowds that didn't take much aiming to hit. But how effective would fully auto fire work from those ranges? Especially after the initial dense crowds started to disperse after the first gunfire.

Sometimes we can go numb to the numbers, but 60 people. 60 people is a ton. In 15 minutes max? And from the description on how it was carried out? With zero military training? I don't know. I'm interested to hear your take on it though.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #600
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Good work UK2k, you have raised a lot of valid points.

I've never fired a fully auto weapon. But I imagine that firing full auto from the 32nd floor isn't a recipe for success.

Looking at the numbers. If he killed 60 people in 10 to 15 minutes. That means he averaged a kill every 10 to 15 seconds... While sustaining this pace with zero breaks for a full 10 to 15 minutes.

UK I already read some of your posts concerning fatigue factor from sustaining full auto fire for that long. What about the total effectiveness? I understand there were huge crowds that didn't take much aiming to hit. But how effective would fully auto fire work from those ranges? Especially after the initial dense crowds started to disperse after the first gunfire.

Sometimes we can go numb to the numbers, but 60 people. 60 people is a ton. In 15 minutes max? And from the description on how it was carried out? With zero military training? I don't know. I'm interested to hear your take on it though.

I'm not saying an old man couldn't do it, but firing, even at the range, can be exhausting if you're shooting over 100 rounds. It really can be. I just know that during range time, when we needed to expend ammo (because the armory wouldn't take it back), we had to do ammo dumps at the end where basically everyone loaded up every available magazine they had, got on line, and fired away until all the bullets were gone. The most I ever fired off at one time was probably 8-9 mags or so (on semi-mind you), and it really is tiring to hold a rifle that long while trying to aim and doing mag changes.

There's a reason the military doesn't issue fully automatic rifles... They suck. They're not meant for aiming. The only full auto rifles we have in the military are for fire superiority and suppression. When I fired at someone, I didn't fire 10 rounds, I fired 10 rounds every 3-4 seconds. I was basically trying to get the enemy to keep their heads down, and really, at that rate, you are more guessing about where your bullets are going to hit and not really aiming. You fire off a burst, then adjust, and rinse and repeat until you're on target, then let loose.

The LVPD said the shooting went on for 9 minutes. He hit at least 60, and probably more like 300-400 or so (assuming 100 people got hurt trying to run). That's pretty good accuracy, even with the sights he had on those weapons.

Do you all see 2,000 casings there? I see MAYBE 200.

Like I said, the brass was the first thing that set me off. That, and the fact that the weapons were oddly placed around the hotel (common sense would tell you to put all the weapons by the window, no?), the magazines he had stacked were on the opposite side of a massive pillar from the window he was shooting from, etc. etc.

I'm just saying that the two dozen little things I see wrong with the pictures makes me think that things were moved before the pictures were taken.

FOR THE RECORD, I'M NOT SAYING THE GOVERNMENT DID THIS.

All I'm saying is that things were moved in that room before the pictures were taken.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: