Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #16
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ron Stuckey and Aaron Afflalo

i bet stuckey would become like billups after i saw the playoffs they should trade billups for a quality player and then let stuckey develop with hunter
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #17
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm not sure about Afflalo. He's probably going to be a backup guy no matter where he goes in this league.

idk man a backup wherever he goes? that ignorant. he's an incredibly hard worker, potential elite defender, great rebounder, and makes good decisions. jeez man look at his game logs how can u trash aaron like that wtf.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/arron_...ame_stats.html

he will be a starter and probably an allstar once or twice.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #18
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I think Aaron Afflalo gets overshadowed by Stuckey…

He's a good player and has a chance to become a solid player in this league. Plays good defense and does indeed make good decisions, and all this was in his first season in the NBA…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

I like Aaron Afflalo but I just don't see him getting a chance. I think he could be good but we just have too many good bench players and guards for him to get significant time, he's kinda like amir actually. I wouldn't be against trading him+somebody else this offseason if it meant us keeping a starter.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
idk man a backup wherever he goes? that ignorant. he's an incredibly hard worker, potential elite defender, great rebounder, and makes good decisions. jeez man look at his game logs how can u trash aaron like that wtf.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/arron_...ame_stats.html

he will be a starter and probably an allstar once or twice.

He does have the potential to be a good defender but he is limited offensively as well. He's not a great shooter and has a hard time creating for himself. He doesn't have great size for a shooting gaurd. I see him as more of a Lindsey Hunter type player. There's nothing wrong with that. Every team needs a guy who can come in off the bench and keep the defensive intensity going.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, why would Joe D be working out so many guys who play the 2 & 3 positions if he thought Afflalo was a future all-star? They have Rip and Afflalo, and could resign Dixon and Hunter so it's not like they have a lack of gaurds. I can see Detroit wouldn't mind selecting a backup for Tayshaun but that doesn't explain working out a bunch of shooting gaurds. Especially when it seems like our lack of depth is really at center.

I never said the kid wouldn't be good, he's just not an all-star. If you think this kid can be better than Bryant, McGrady, Redd, Wade, Allen, Hamilton, Johnson, Carter, Richardson, Ginobli, Hughes, Jackson, Roy, etc etc etc, I hope your right. But the fact of the matter is, there's no shortage of very good shooting gaurds in this league. To make it to an all-star game at that position is going to be extremely tough, heck just to be a starter and have to face guys like that on a nightly basis is difficult enough. I don't see Afflalo being in the same category as any of those players.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

he can score the ball. he will never be a #1 option but he can shoot and drive the hole. the best thing about him is his defense and rebounding. he had 3 or 4 games this year with 6,7,8 rebounds and his minutes were very limited.

afflalo is a very good 2 guard.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #22
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
he can score the ball. he will never be a #1 option but he can shoot and drive the hole. the best thing about him is his defense and rebounding. he had 3 or 4 games this year with 6,7,8 rebounds and his minutes were very limited.

yeah he has alot of potential, but its not like hes proven talent. i agree with you he CAN and i believe he will develop into a solid player. but all star hints and what not are too much and too early.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:44 AM   #23
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

Rodney Stuckey will be better than Rip and Billups when he peaks. I love watching that guy play.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #24
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I do like what he's done in the summer league, but it is just summer league too. The more I see that kid grow, he could potentially be a starter. I don't think he could be like Rip though which is what we need to win the finals.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: