Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

Default Re: What will you be following in the NBA this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
LMFAO! That's cold blooded. Why not?

@maybeshewill Portland has that Lillard kid and he seems promising. Keep an eye on him.

Oh really? He must have flown under my radar..

maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
red1
#realtalk

mostly dinosaur team along with the lakeshow and heatles. end up catching a couple games for most eastern conference teams
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

The Heat, and how Boston/LA/OKC does.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
clipps
Decent college freshman

Clippers: Mainly certain players. How much has DJ improved. Can he become an All Star Center? Will Eric Bledsoe take what he did in the playoffs last year and carry it over to this season? Will LO get back in shape and show some signs of his LAL form? How is Billups gonna do when he comes back.

Other than that, Paul will be Paul, Blake will be Blake and Caron is not getting any younger.

Outside of the Clippers-
Bulls: Derek Rose's return
Nuggets: I just moved to Denver. Although I have no interest in rooting for them unless they play the Lakers, I'll be watching a lot of Nuggets games by default.
Hornets: They remind me of the Clippers in 2010-2011. Young and talented with a rookie everyone is anticipating. Won't win many games but they will be exciting to watch.
Lakers: Their journey to 73-9 lol
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
SpecialQue
7-time NBA All-Star

Lakers: I expect greatness from Kobe, Dwight, and Nash. What I'm most interested in is how Pau and Metta are going to play. Metta was pretty much ignored during Dwight's debut, and got some of the easiest buckets of his career because of it. Also, I just love Pau and hope he has a better season than his last two.

Clippers: Possibly the greatest line up this franchise has ever had. Hell, even their bench can hold it's own against lesser team's starters. Depending on CP3 staying healthy, they could be a surprise #3 or even #2 in the west, depending on what happens with the Lakers and how many games Pop decides to rest his starters on the Spurs.

Timberwolves: Love Rubio, really like Love, and can't wait to see what this team can do when they get the chance to play some games together.

Nuggets: Most exciting team in the west. Iggy's going to leave opposing team's with Arby sandwich anuses.

Grizzlies: Love their grit, and I hope they can stay healthy this season. I want to see how good this team can be this year.

Sixers: Really want to see what Bynum can do as the man. Plus, they seem like an exciting team.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

From the Finals of 2012, to the Finals 2013 is the time span I've been really interested in. Had the Heat lost it would have been even more important, but since they won I think it sets up a little bit more conservatively.

We sit on the edge of what I think is the next definitive era. And it sets up to be a great one, maybe the best since the 80's. But what I'm going to continue to follow is how it sets up.

You have the Heat, who if they had lost I believe would have changed the face of the league by breaking up the Big 3. I truly believe that they would have been better had they lost and then balanced out. But that's moot. They now have a clear direction to repeat.

OKC is set too with one exception. What happens with James Harden? If they keep him I believe they'll win a title within this generation. If they trade him they could get super lucky in getting some picks and win multiple, or they could just lose their glue guy and not win any. If he walks they'll lose out, and that title would really depend on the status of other teams.

LAL has set up their future by getting Dwight. SAS has not really set up their future, but their front office tends to be pretty good. It does seem unlikely that they will get a true center piece though until they have a bad year. Denver looks to be really close to being one of the elite teams

Indiana is building, Chicago depends on DRose's health, Cleveland is building, NOH has foundations. Boston is a future center piece away from remaining contenders when this generation finishes.

Basically I believe this year is gonna dictate pretty much how the teams up top will be set for the next few years. So every story line is one to keep an eye on I think.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #22
KOBE143
MAMBA gonna MAMBA

LAKERS
Kobe
DRose
Durant
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #23
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Because I live in LA ill be following the Lakers with extra interest this year.

Hopefully they'll turn all that preseason hype into a 65+ win season.

I will also be paying attention to LBJ's ascendancy & see whether he has finally turned the corner mentally, and continue to dominate the league.

If health permits I hope to see two 65+ winning teams in the Finals for supremacy. Either Kobe gets that elusive sixth and rides off into the sunset or it'll be an official passing of the torch like Magic & Michael in 91 Finals.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: