Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    The best deals are Gerald Henderson/Bobcats first
    the clippers first
    the hornets first with david andersen(I think this could be a really good future trade if I wait a while)
    pacers first and brandon rush
    you can also get afflalo with the nuggets first for just Aldrich which is what I almost certainly will do
    Terrence Williams
    and wizards first

Belinelli I had like a couple threes with him through 4 games, so we'll see what happens I might practice it for awhile and see if I can get it down. I usually have problems with Durant too....so I'll probably work on shooting practice for a while.
    I am really liking the Gerald Henderson trade with the Bobcats 1st. Henderson should give you athleticism and youth at the SG position and he has a great contract. The 1st round pick will almost certainly be in the lottery because the Bobcats( just like in real life sadly ) are just not a playoff team. This to me is an appealing option. The one for Afalo is interesting too if you'd rather keep your pick. I feel like there is several good ways you can go out of those options. Let us know what you end up going for.

Whats the record so far?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWall2
    just start with da wizards
    Sadly they have more of an upside then my Bobcats do. The Bobcats are probably the hardest team to start an association with. A whole lot of super dumb contracts given to pretty awful players. Maybe they'll live it down one day.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I am really liking the Gerald Henderson trade with the Bobcats 1st. Henderson should give you athleticism and youth at the SG position and he has a great contract. The 1st round pick will almost certainly be in the lottery because the Bobcats( just like in real life sadly ) are just not a playoff team. This to me is an appealing option. The one for Afalo is interesting too if you'd rather keep your pick. I feel like there is several good ways you can go out of those options. Let us know what you end up going for.

Whats the record so far?
    Oh I love the Afflalo trade. I did that. I got their first and it was awesome. So far he's money and he raised my defense from 19-15. and the offense by a couple ranks too.

Learning to shoot layups

Oh I love the Afflalo trade. I did that. I got their first and it was awesome. So far he's money and he raised my defense from 19-15. and the offense by a couple ranks too.
    Good stuff. I always liked Affalo. When I played quick games with the Nuggets I always started him over JR Smith. He is solid on offense and a beast on defense. Plus when you are playing a legit team, Affalo can match up with players like Kobe better then most. Good trade. Teams looking solid

How long are the quarters, and what difficulty are you playing on? Whats your teams record?

Saw a basketball once

So finally got my Knicks association under way. I'm looking to build a young team around the core that is already in place (well most of it) and make them challenge for a title.

10 min quarters, Pro difficulty (till I improve) and no trade overide. Using the actual draft class as well.

Not much money in the coaching budget, but I needed to hire 2 more scouts, which I did - their potential is high but current rating is not. Got them scouting Irving, Kanter and Chris Singelton individually.

TRADES

First bit off movement was to release Andy Rautins to Free Agency, I then moved to sign Iverson to a 1 year deal(one of my favorite players, pretty much sign him to every team I play with.

The second bit of movement, will probably make alot of Knicks fans unhappy and maybe it's a little unrealistic but I decided to trade Chauncey Billups, (I know very unrealistic, but Im not a fan of him at all, decorated player but not in plans) Anthony Carter and '12 1st round pick for the Blazers Greg Oden (whom was a target of mine) and Andre Miller. Miller wasn't a target but that's what Portland offered me through Trade Finder so I pulled the trigger.

My third peice of business was to find a rotation for Amare and as I said defense in my first season is key, I'm confident my offense will do the job and progress. So in Trade Finder I offer Andre Miller, Jared Jeffries and my '11 1st round pick. I had a few targets including Young and Cousins but Utah offer me Derrick Favours, Gordon Hayward and their '11 2nd round pick. Favors was one my targets, again to improve my rebounding and defense so I pulled the trigger.

Next up I wanted to find a young talent who I could rotate between PG and SG, as I plan to use Iverson and TD in the PG role and Fields in the SG role. But a little insurance is what I was after so I put Roger Mason, Gordon Hayward and Shelden Williams up for trade. A few offers appear but one that stands out is Spur's. They offer George Hill, (who was a target along with AJ Price and others) Matt Bonner and Steve Novak. They also ask for my '11 2nd round pick. I agree. Which leaves me short in the pick situation but I know I can wheel and deal later.

Next up I wanted someone who I could rotate with Melo. I've already got Williams and Brown, but they are both in their last year of contract and it doesn't seem Williams will resign. Brown says he will and I'm sure I can develop him. I'm unsure on Williams at the moment. Anyway so I offer Renaldo Balkman and Steve Novak and a few offers roll in. My target was Austin Daye but Detroit didn't wanna give him up, instead the Suns offer Jared Dudley, who I overlooked when looking for potential targets. I agree and Dudley is my newest recruit.

Will my team pretty much assembled, I realise I need another pick, so I offer Matt Bonner and the Clippers offer me their '11 2nd round pick. I agree to the move and hopefully I can trade off my '12 2nd round pick and either Utah/Clippers '11 second round pick for a first rounder. We will see.

Lastly I question my depth at the SG position and although I have Fields and Bill Walker (whom im also undecided on) that can play there, I enter Free Agency and sign Rashad McCants who at 26 should be solid (only downside is his IQ). Gives me lots of options now, which is what I want when injury strikes; players who are flexible.

So this is my current rotation below

PG - Iverson / Hill / Douglas
    SG - Fields / McCants / Walker / Hill
    SF- Anthony / Dudley / Williams / Brown
    PF - Stoudemire / Favours
    C - Oden / Turiaf

On notice are : Williams

Undecided on : Walker and Brown

First game at Toronto, followed by a trip to Boston. Will update with results.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Man I don't know if I want to rebuild the Wolves or the Pistons. Tough choice.

And by rebuild, I mean trade around, get a high pick, then win the championship the next season.

Good stuff. I always liked Affalo. When I played quick games with the Nuggets I always started him over JR Smith. He is solid on offense and a beast on defense. Plus when you are playing a legit team, Affalo can match up with players like Kobe better then most. Good trade. Teams looking solid

How long are the quarters, and what difficulty are you playing on? Whats your teams record?
    10 minutes. And about to up to hall of fame. Right now i'm 6-1. I played a godawful game against Utah. I lost by like 11.

Learning to shoot layups

10 minutes. And about to up to hall of fame. Right now i'm 6-1. I played a godawful game against Utah. I lost by like 11.
    Thats whats up. I don't know what it is about Utah, but even after they traded Deron Williams away, they are one of the hardest teams to beat on association mode. I have a losing record against them all time I am sure. I'd say thats a solid start tho

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I started messing around with the Pistons then I realized the team I was making would be too good.

Im gonna do a Raptors one tomorrow.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    So finally got my Knicks association under way. I'm looking to build a young team around the core that is already in place (well most of it) and make them challenge for a title.

10 min quarters, Pro difficulty (till I improve) and no trade overide. Using the actual draft class as well.

Not much money in the coaching budget, but I needed to hire 2 more scouts, which I did - their potential is high but current rating is not. Got them scouting Irving, Kanter and Chris Singelton individually.

TRADES

First bit off movement was to release Andy Rautins to Free Agency, I then moved to sign Iverson to a 1 year deal(one of my favorite players, pretty much sign him to every team I play with.

The second bit of movement, will probably make alot of Knicks fans unhappy and maybe it's a little unrealistic but I decided to trade Chauncey Billups, (I know very unrealistic, but Im not a fan of him at all, decorated player but not in plans) Anthony Carter and '12 1st round pick for the Blazers Greg Oden (whom was a target of mine) and Andre Miller. Miller wasn't a target but that's what Portland offered me through Trade Finder so I pulled the trigger.

My third peice of business was to find a rotation for Amare and as I said defense in my first season is key, I'm confident my offense will do the job and progress. So in Trade Finder I offer Andre Miller, Jared Jeffries and my '11 1st round pick. I had a few targets including Young and Cousins but Utah offer me Derrick Favours, Gordon Hayward and their '11 2nd round pick. Favors was one my targets, again to improve my rebounding and defense so I pulled the trigger.

Next up I wanted to find a young talent who I could rotate between PG and SG, as I plan to use Iverson and TD in the PG role and Fields in the SG role. But a little insurance is what I was after so I put Roger Mason, Gordon Hayward and Shelden Williams up for trade. A few offers appear but one that stands out is Spur's. They offer George Hill, (who was a target along with AJ Price and others) Matt Bonner and Steve Novak. They also ask for my '11 2nd round pick. I agree. Which leaves me short in the pick situation but I know I can wheel and deal later.

Next up I wanted someone who I could rotate with Melo. I've already got Williams and Brown, but they are both in their last year of contract and it doesn't seem Williams will resign. Brown says he will and I'm sure I can develop him. I'm unsure on Williams at the moment. Anyway so I offer Renaldo Balkman and Steve Novak and a few offers roll in. My target was Austin Daye but Detroit didn't wanna give him up, instead the Suns offer Jared Dudley, who I overlooked when looking for potential targets. I agree and Dudley is my newest recruit.

Will my team pretty much assembled, I realise I need another pick, so I offer Matt Bonner and the Clippers offer me their '11 2nd round pick. I agree to the move and hopefully I can trade off my '12 2nd round pick and either Utah/Clippers '11 second round pick for a first rounder. We will see.

Lastly I question my depth at the SG position and although I have Fields and Bill Walker (whom im also undecided on) that can play there, I enter Free Agency and sign Rashad McCants who at 26 should be solid (only downside is his IQ). Gives me lots of options now, which is what I want when injury strikes; players who are flexible.

So this is my current rotation below

PG - Iverson / Hill / Douglas
    SG - Fields / McCants / Walker / Hill
    SF- Anthony / Dudley / Williams / Brown
    PF - Stoudemire / Favours
    C - Oden / Turiaf

On notice are : Williams

Undecided on : Walker and Brown

First game at Toronto, followed by a trip to Boston. Will update with results.
    Thats a pretty solid rotation. I like seeing Iverson on your roster. What are your ratings in offense, defense, and overall with that team?

Thats whats up. I don't know what it is about Utah, but even after they traded Deron Williams away, they are one of the hardest teams to beat on association mode. I have a losing record against them all time I am sure. I'd say thats a solid start tho
    Harris is the best 2k Player in the 4th quarter and has been since like 2k9 I swear!. it's insane I was actually only down by 4-5 at the starter of the quarter wound up getting outscored 12-35 or something insane and lost by around 25.

Since then i dropped one game and am a proud...9-2
    Last edited by Rose; 06-06-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Carmelo Anthony kicks off The Knicks season with an impressive 18 points in Toronto(Apologies for picture quality)

Toronto Raptors - 82

Defeated By

New York Knicks - 87

A new look Knicks outfit have kicked off their NBA season with a 5 point victory over the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre following a busy off season in the trade department.

New York took to the court with a completely new starting line up and almost an unrecognizable bench compared to last season. Carmelo Anthony, Allan Iverson, Amare Stoudemire and Greg Oden suited up for New York alongside the young Landry Fields.

Toronto weren't going to lay down to their visitors though and after an entertaining first half with good performances by Carmelo Anthony for NY and Leandro Barbosa for the Raptors, it was the Knicks ahead by 5 at the break 40 - 35.

Raptors head coach Jay Triano spoke about his team's disappointing field goal conversion rate at the break with the Raptors shooting at 26%. His words encouraged his side, with Jose Caledron. Andrea Bargnani and Leandro Barbosa giving the Knick's defense something to think about.

Carmelo Anthony impressed for the Knicks, scoring 18 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists. Allan Iverson was also solid for his team with 12 points and 5 assists. But it was new signing Rashad McCants that really impressed Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, the former free agent scored 15 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

Too little too late for Andrea Bargnani,who played the last quarter with strained hamstring.

The Raptors rallied late in the second half, managing to score 24 points to the Knicks 23 at the end of 3rd quarter. Andrea struggling to find the net in the first half but impressed in the second with 11 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. His bravery was also on show as he played on through the 4th quartet with a strained hamstring after injuring himself in a followthrough of an attempted jump shot.

The Knicks rolled on in the 4th quarter managing to just outscore Toronto 24 - 23. Leandro Barbosa was always a threat and finished the game with a damaging 27 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. Jose Caledron was also in the thick of things scoring 24 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists.

At the final buzzer it was New York who managed to hold on, thanks to some clutch shooting at the line as a result of late fouling on the Raptors behalf. Their was a scary moment for the Knicks with two minutes to go as a Leandro Barbosa 3 pointer saw their lead cut to just 3.

The Knicks now travel to Boston and then head home to do battle with Portland.

Top Performers

Toronto Raptors
    Leandro Barbosa - 27 P / 6 R / 3 A
    Jose Calderon - 24 P / 6 R / 3 A
    Amir Johnson - 8 P / 9 R / 2 A
    Andrea Bargnani - 11 P / 9 R / 2 A

New York Knicks
    Carmelo Anthony - 18 P / 8 R / 5 A
    Rashad McCants - 15 P / 5 R / 3 A
    A Iverson - 12 P / 5 A
    Greg Oden - 8P / 13 R / 1 BLK

Mike D'Antini :"It is good to get off the mark in the first game of the season. New look team this season and I was impressed tonight. I thought we defended well tonight, especially in the first half, they could have scored alot more. I was especially pleased with Rashad and what he was able to come on and do off the bench. Now it's on to another tough one in Boston".

Learning to shoot layups

I dare anyone to take on the task on making the current Charlotte Bobcats into a contender. This is the hardest team to work with due to bad contracts. They literally have like 3 or 4 horrible contracts to players who don't even play much. Anyhow, here is my current Charlotte project team. Let me know what you think

Charlotte Bobcats

Year 1: 2010-11

Simmed, finished in the lottery(29-53), landed the #3 overall draft pick.
    Traded #3 pick and Boris Diaw for Greg Oden
    Resigned Dante Cunningham
    Drafted Reggie Jackson(PG) with our 2nd Round pick
    Let go of Diop, for a future 2nd round pick, which freed up 6.5mill
    Traded Matt Carrol, which freed up around 2-3mill
    Signed Wilson Chandler, Kris Humphries, Mikael Peitrus, and Samuel Dalambert

Year 2:

Traded Dalambert because he was not happy at all about his role behind Oden
    Got MozGoz in trade( However, his moral is also bad as he isnt sure my franchise is moving in the right direction, WTF?)

So the Roster looks like this:

PG: DJ Augistine, Reggie Jackson, Shaun Livingston
    SG: Stephen Jackson, Gerald Henderson
    SF: Wilson Chandler, Peitrus, Dante Cunningham
    PF: Tyrus Thomas, Kris Humphries, Eduardo Najara
    C: Greg Oden, T.Mozgov

Ratings are:

DEF: 22nd
    OFF: 29th
    OVR: 25th

We are not supposed to be good, but surprisingly, this team is really easy to play with. I have only played one game against the Hawks in ATL. On HOF mode, 7min, default sliders, I pushed the game into OT with this club. Jax is super clutch. He made one big three and 4 huge free throws to get us to OT, and got a dunk in traffic in OT before time ran out on us. Great game against a much better team. We should manage to do okay even though I am shooting for best case a #7 seed. Thats okay being we hold 2 1st round lottery picks and 18mill cap space.

With the Cats, its a rebuilding process. Don't let the ratings fool you, this team can and will be dangerous.

I will update on progress. Playing the Heat next in MIA...

The Pistons are pretty damn tough to rebuild, too. They have some awful contracts to way past their prime players and/or role players. I tried rebuilding them and just kept trading away my awful contracts if someone offered me anyone with an expiring contract. I cleared a ton of cap space and by like year 4 or 5 I had a loaded roster. For the life of me I can't remember who my "Big Three" were but I had three players rated 88 or better. I don know one of them was James Harden. I played two games after I finally got the roster I wanted, and won both games by 20-30 points on Superstar.

I'll give the Bobcats a try to see if I think they're more challenging.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    The Pistons are pretty damn tough to rebuild, too. They have some awful contracts to way past their prime players and/or role players. I tried rebuilding them and just kept trading away my awful contracts if someone offered me anyone with an expiring contract. I cleared a ton of cap space and by like year 4 or 5 I had a loaded roster. For the life of me I can't remember who my "Big Three" were but I had three players rated 88 or better. I don know one of them was James Harden. I played two games after I finally got the roster I wanted, and won both games by 20-30 points on Superstar.

I'll give the Bobcats a try to see if I think they're more challenging.
    I bet the Pistons are tough. Like you said, so many players are past their prime. If you had them in their prime then it would be a different story. Both the Pistons and the Bobcats are tough because unlike youthful teams with potential like the Wolves and Raptors and Clippers, the Cats and Pistons have awful contracts that eat Cap space.

This just dawned on me as a good idea for those who like the Heat. Why not trade for Shaq to provide size in the middle? Honestly, they could make that happen and then it would be LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh, and Shaq. That would be a solid team and Shaq is super cheap. Thoughts?