Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Dwyane Wade = Best Shooting Guard this year?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Wade is the best SG. His raw numbers are down because he plays with the best player in the league. Give him the freedom to chuck/ball-dominate the way Kobe and Harden do and he'd be the same 28/5/7 Wade he used to be.
    True.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Wade number's are down because lebron has been so good its almost a crime when he doesnt have the ball in his hands.That said wade season is tad below kobe but at the rate he is going he will probably be best shooting guard.

That said wade has been a much better defender than both kobe and harden.Especially kobe has been frustrating with his offball defense which resulted in many easy layups for opposition.

Heat/Wade homers are the only people who think Wade is the best SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Heat/Wade homers are the only people who think Wade is the best SG.
    I think it has more to do with people unfairly favoring the (near)present over the past. Wade has been playing great recently, but we shouldn't ignore the inconsistencies he showed earlier in the season.

How do we explain Kobe having a losing record with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace, and Jamison as teammates? How do we explain Wade embarrasing Kobe in his house Staples Center? Are we really doubting that Wade wouldnt put up 26/5/5 on 44% shooting given Hardens team? Hes put up better numbers in 2011 with LeBron and Bosh on his team. Wade is just as good as both of those guys currently if not better. It is by all means arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    How do we explain Kobe having a losing record with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace, and Jamison as teammates? How do we explain Wade embarrasing Kobe in his house Staples Center? Are we really doubting that Wade wouldnt put up 26/5/5 on 44% shooting given Hardens team? Hes put up better numbers in 2011 with LeBron and Bosh on his team. Wade is just as good as both of those guys currently if not better. It is by all means arguable.
    People weigh their opinions far too heavily on box score statistics, that (unfortunately) depend heavily on one's role.

Wade would almost certainly put up much better stats on 90% of the other teams in the league, and the vast majority of the people would suddenly assume him a better player.

Wade is finally starting play like he isn't washed up but Kobe is still better than he is. Lebron is running the show in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Give me Wade over both come playoff time. That's for damn sure. Especially considering one in particular likely won't even be there anyway.
    Oh and the fact he has LeBron.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

He isn't the best because of his inconsistency. Kobe has been more consistent.

But he is better than his numbers have shown. Like the OP said, he is playing a career low in minutes and in shot attempts. He could do better if he played more, but you can argue that he cannot play that many minutes because of potentially being injury prone, he wasn't healthy enough, or you don't want to wear him out.

He started off really bad early in the season. He always been a slow starter, but it was worst than usual. He is picking things up later on the season as usual too. He said that he probably won't feel 100% until after the all-star break. Harden performed better consistent throughout the year on offense, but I don't really think he is actually better than Wade. We'll see how Wade plays the second half of the season.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    I think it has more to do with people unfairly favoring the (near)present over the past. Wade has been playing great recently, but we shouldn't ignore the inconsistencies he showed earlier in the season.

That's cause he is finally healthy for the 1st time in 2 years, & is now getting back into rhythm. + he has always been known for picking up his game after the allstar break, & then blowing up in the playoffs. ( as long as he is healthy that is.)

I also find it interesting that Wade shots 15.5 shots a game on .505% while Harden takes over 17, at .444%, & Kobe takes over 21, on .462%.
    & Wade does it all in less min.
    Last edited by Lord Leoshes; 02-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.

The Holy Trinity

Those who think Harden has been better than Wade are on crack. I'm quite certain that Wade could put up 26 on 44% shooting on the Rockets in the no-defense West, if given free rein. Except, you know, Wade would do it on 50% shooting, given that his career low shooting percentage is 46.5%-- as a rookie. And Wade without James is an automatic 7 apg player. Plus, do we have to talk about defense? (Harden fits in VERY well in the West).

It's tougher to say he's been better than Kobe because #24 is having one of his best seasons at age 34. Still, the fact is that, as of now, the 2013 Lakers represent arguably the biggest team failure in NBA history.

But, regardless, people who don't believe Wade is still an elite superstar aren't good at math. I would flesh that statement out for you, but I have faith that some of you will get it yourselves because you ARE good at math.
    Last edited by jrong; 02-07-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Those who think Harden has been better than Wade are on crack. I'm quite certain that Wade could put up 26 on 44% shooting on the Rockets in the no-defense West, if given free rein.

Who gives a shit what he would do "If"; he's not doing it. The other two have been much better.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 02-07-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Not consistent enough. His bad games get swept under the rug because he's not the main focus of his team

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Who gives a shit what he would do "If"; he's not doing it. The other two have been much better.
    No, the other two have more opportunities. Refer to my math comment above. Are you going to penalize Wade individually for the Heat's team dynamics?

And, I'm sorry, Harden can not be better than Wade when he only plays one side of the ball, even if he gets to play Wade's old role (not nearly as well as any version of alpha Wade) and Wade doesn't get to play that role anymore.

It's just asinine to even suggest it and the fact that you would makes me think further discussion is pointless because you don't know how to properly evaluate players (hint: it has to do with the math I keep mentioning). If it's any consolation, though, most fans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, the other two have more opportunities. Refer to my math comment above. Are you going to penalize Wade individually for the Heat's team dynamics?

And, I'm sorry, Harden can not be better than Wade when he only plays one side of the ball, even if he gets to play Wade's old role (not nearly as well as any version of alpha Wade) and Wade doesn't get to play that role anymore.

It's just asinine to even suggest it and the fact that you would makes me think further discussion is pointless because you don't know how to properly evaluate players (hint: it has to do with the math I keep mentioning). If it's any consolation, though, most fans don't.

You know what, you're right.

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. He should be 1st Team All-NBA. The only reason he isn't is because the coach can't run any kind of offense and isn't more than a high school coach, plus Kobe is nothing but a chucker. We all know that Howard, bad back and all, would be an MVP candidate on any other team. Hell, he's leading the league in rebounds.

Where does he rank in the MVP race? Top 5?

Harden has played better this year...but that's only because Lebron is on the Heat. So let's disregard what's actually happened and judge his season based on what we know could happen. You're 100% right. That's how it should work. Absolutely. It's not retarded at all. Tell me the math thing again. I want to learn. Teach me. Please.

Shut the **** up. Evaluate players or evaluate their season? That's exactly the point I'm making. I think Wade is probably the 2nd best player in the world if he's healthy and not taking a back seat to Lebron. But he's never 100% and he has taken a back seat and thus has not passed Bryant. But please tell me I don't know how to evaluate, when your dumb ass can't bother to recognize where one argument ends and where another begins.