Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    The Answer

Default Re: The Clippers are going to the 2013 NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Can't stand when people say these kind of things. You got a problem with people who have syndrome?

Just ignore that dude.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Can't stand when people say these kind of things. You got a problem with people who have syndrome?
    Agreed. I mean there are probably some people with Down Syndrome who are more intelligent than Hank so it's not fair to them to bring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    The Heat are a better offense, worse defense. .
    lol. Keep believing that. See you in the playoffs....if the Clips can even make it out of the West (and that's a big "IF").

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    lol. Keep believing that. See you in the playoffs....if the Clips can even make it out of the West (and that's a big IF).
    I'm gonna laugh at you if the Heat get axed in the second round by a team like the Pacers with all this boasting and trash talk.

You didn't even know Miami beat the C's in 5 games in 2011. And you thought our series with the Pacers went 7. You don't even follow basketball during it's critical moments. So you obviously know little if anything about the Heat.

You didn't even know Miami beat the C's in 5 games in 2011. And you thought our series with the Pacers went 7. You don't even follow basketball during it's critical moments. So you obviously know little if anything about the Heat.
    I'm not looking this stuff up. Me being off a bit on Heat stuff doesn't change the premise of what I said which is that those teams play Miami tough. Okay so the Pacers lost in 6, not 7... shoot me. It's beyond arrogant to act like Miami is a lock for the finals. Pacers are on fire, Celtics are playing well, Knicks have blown them out by an average of 24 ppg in two games. No doubt they are the favorites but don't act like the Heat are unbeatable because they clearly aren't.

I'm not looking this stuff up. Me being off a bit on Heat stuff doesn't change the premise of what I said which is that those teams play Miami tough. Okay so the Pacers lost in 6, not 7... shoot me. It's beyond arrogant to act like Miami is a lock for the finals. Pacers are on fire, Celtics are playing well, Knicks have blown them out by an average of 24 ppg in two games. No doubt they are the favorites but don't act like the Heat are unbeatable because they clearly aren't.
    None of those teams have a chance in a 7-game series against a healthy Heat squad.

A healthy Heat squad are unbeatable vs those teams when it comes to a 7-game "postseason" series. It's the truth.

Now if you want to go the route of the Celtics and Pacers looking "tough" against a Bosh-less Heat team, and still losing the series, that's another topic altogether.

None of those teams have a chance in a 7-game series against a healthy Heat squad.

A healthy Heat squad are unbeatable vs those teams when it comes to a 7-game "postseason" series. It's the truth.

Now if you want to go the route of the Celtics and Pacers looking "tough" against a Bosh-less Heat team, and still losing the series, that's another topic altogether.
    Based on what? The past? Teams change. Miami looks no where near as dominant as last year, especially defensively. Nothing guarantees they will be "unbeatable". If you want to be clowned and laughed at though for taking such a stance and continue being compared to children with down syndrome by all means continue.

I may be a massive homer and diehard fan but I'd never talk up the Clippers like you're doing and act like they are unbeatable, even if they were. It's just ignorant and shows a lack of knowledge for how the game of basketball and the playoffs work. Injuries and momentum have a TON to do with the playoffs. Anything can happen, including Miami losing even if healthy.

Talent wise Miami isn't the most talented or deepest team in the NBA, nor do they have the best record. Therefor you acting like they are the 96 Bulls and supreme to everybody is beyond idiotic .

Agreed. I mean there are probably some people with Down Syndrome who are more intelligent than Hank so it's not fair to them to bring this up.
    That last part killed me. Wasn't expecting that. Anyways, you two need to quit arguing so much. Clippers and Heat are fairly matched up. They did kill us earlier in the season when both teams were healthy. I'm curious to see Crawford in the playoffs. I think he's their x factor.

The Heat are a better offense, worse defense. So in some ways they have improved. The shift reminds me of the Spurs in recent years. Went from leading with their dominance defensively to becoming a lights out offensive team with average defense. Finally this year they brought it back into balance more.

That's for the season, but they have more quality, on both sides, than last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

The **** kinda name is "Hank"? Change your name for christ sake.

Wade > Paul

Bosh > Griffin

Lebron > The rest of the Clippers combined

What the fuck?

Based on what? The past? Teams change. Miami looks no where near as dominant as last year, especially defensively.
    Yes I'm sure. That's why Miami is a bigger favorite to win the NBA championship now compared to the AS break at this time last year. Not to mention that dominant Miami team being big underdogs to the -170 OKC Thunder in the NBA Finals.

Nothing guarantees they will be "unbeatable". If you want to be clowned and laughed at though for taking such a stance and continue being compared to children with down syndrome by all means continue.

I may be a massive homer and diehard fan but I'd never talk up the Clippers like you're doing and act like they are unbeatable, even if they were. It's just ignorant and shows a lack of knowledge for how the game of basketball and the playoffs work. Injuries and momentum have a TON to do with the playoffs. Anything can happen, including Miami losing even if healthy.

Talent wise Miami isn't the most talented or deepest team in the NBA, nor do they have the best record. Therefor you acting like they are the 96 Bulls and supreme to everybody is beyond idiotic .
    I'll guarantee it. Nothing will stop Miami from winning the Eastern conference finals if the team is healthy. That's just the truth. And do you really think I care what you (or anyone else calls me) for stating the truth ? lol, please son.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    That's for the season, but they have more quality, on both sides, than last year.
    Again... I personally don't see that. I see a team that's less hungry (Chris Bosh openly admitted this). People are talking about a dynasty with Miami but Wade is declining with age and injuries already, Lebron is as good as he will ever be (if he gets any better he's the undisputed GOAT and I just don't see that), Bosh is as good as he will be as a 3rd option.

Remember when in the preseason many of us, especially Heat fans swore Miami would have one of the best benches in the NBA this year? Well guess what? They are yet again the 28th ranked bench offensively and 25th defensively. They went from the 8th ranked offense to the 1st and 4th ranked defense to 12th.

In other words.. it's all in your heads if you think Miami has improved. They've taken a bigger slide defensively than they've improved offensively and their bench is producing the same, despite adding Ray Allen. Not saying it stays like this the rest of the year but to this point that's the reality.

Again... I personally don't see that. I see a team that's less hungry (Chris Bosh openly admitted this). People are talking about a dynasty with Miami but Wade is declining with age and injuries already, Lebron is as good as he will ever be (if he gets any better he's the undisputed GOAT and I just don't see that), Bosh is as good as he will be as a 3rd option.

Remember when in the preseason many of us, especially Heat fans swore Miami would have one of the best benches in the NBA this year? Well guess what? They are yet again the 28th ranked bench offensively and 25th defensively. They went from the 8th ranked offense to the 1st and 4th ranked defense to 12th.

In other words.. it's all in your heads if you think Miami has improved. They've taken a bigger slide defensively than they've improved offensively and their bench is producing the same, despite adding Ray Allen. Not saying it stays like this the rest of the year but to this point that's the reality.

It is all in my head, as I agree they haven't been as hungry for most of this year and that, like I said, they have more quality on both sides of the ball than they did last year.

Wade is not a worse player than he was last year. Bosh's defense has improved, tho his rebounding has declined. Anthony is now playing off the bench and is more valuable for that. Cole has improved, tho Chalmers has regressed. Anderson is now on the team and that's the big one. He defends well and he rebounds very well. The rebounding is what is essential. Plus, he offers minutes at the C position and can allow Bosh to move back to PF, where he is clearly a better player. He puts Anthony, Bosh and Haslem back into a better position...if Spoelstra puts him into the starting lineup. Without that, I don't think they can win.

They may not be a better team so far in the year, but they could very well be ready to be better when the playoffs start. Look at the Lakers in 2001. To me, it's about Anderson and about Chalmers.