Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Talking we gotta keep LO7

tonight LO7 gets 10-16-10......nice triple double.

that's an incredible game from our #3 player....

imagine how much he can help when Drew gets back!!!!!!!

WE NEED ODOM, HE IS A SOLID PLAYER MOST OF THE TIME....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: we gotta keep LO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
tonight LO7 gets 10-16-10......nice triple double.

that's an incredible game from our #3 player....

imagine how much he can help when Drew gets back!!!!!!!

WE NEED ODOM, HE IS A SOLID PLAYER MOST OF THE TIME....

I actually agree... Lamar is overrated when he is the #2 option, but he is a good/great #3 or 4 option... 1) Kobe 2) Bynum 3) Gasol 4) Odom
That works with me...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
I actually agree... Lamar is overrated when he is the #2 option, but he is a good/great #3 or 4 option... 1) Kobe 2) Bynum 3) Gasol 4) Odom
That works with me...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

guys gotta stop thinking of odom as an option..he is a utilty man..he'll fix what's broken on any given night if he's allowed to... lol

actually with this team don't think of first second or third options at all, it's more like weapons and some nights a certain weapon will have more effect then another will... the triangle is meant to be an equal opportunity offense and we finally have the pieces in place to take advantage of it as designed
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

One week ago, half of you guys were saying he was expendable, ship his ass outta here, he's Odumb, etc.. Now, after a few great games, he's an absolute keeper? How fickle can you get?
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
One week ago, half of you guys were saying he was expendable, ship his ass outta here, he's Odumb, etc.. Now, after a few great games, he's an absolute keeper? How fickle can you get?

NOT ME!! I HAVE SUPPORTED HIM THRU-OUT!!! AND I STARTED THIS
THREAD....
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i know, i was thinking the same thing but i wasn't gonna say anything...
funny how so few appreciate what they have in lamar...

it's nice to see him have good games, makes my defense of him over the years all the sweeter
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I wasnt a Odom hater, Ive always liked what he brought us, but it was clear hes not a good # 2.

Glad hes succeeding in his new role and will continue his success. We are just 1 game out of first witht eh Suns loss, lets end the break at 1st guys!
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #9
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

Keeping LO7 is a no brainer, it's his contract that is the problem, if they sort that out next time renewal comes around, it will be gold!
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #10
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
People didn't like him because he was the Laker's only second option besides Kobe...And yes he was way overrated by Stu, the Laker's staff, and the fans before Fisher came back and Gasol came on the team.

I think he's flourishing right now and he's playing the best basketball ever in his career ever since he came to the Lakers. When he was with the clippers and Heats...He didn't really know his place on the team, he had no focal point in the offense and just put in his minutes and went on to the next game. Now with the Lakers, he knows where his place is, he knows his role and with Gasol coming on the team, that pressure of him thinking he's the #2 guy and he should play like one is gone, plus he has great players behind him. Now since Smush Parker and Kwame Brown is gone, only good things can come for the Lakers.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
I wasnt a Odom hater, Ive always liked what he brought us, but it was clear hes not a good # 2.

Glad hes succeeding in his new role and will continue his success. We are just 1 game out of first witht eh Suns loss, lets end the break at 1st guys!

exactly, Odom plays best when he's the #3 or 4 guy....Behind Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum, possibly Fisher too (experience wise for Fisher).
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i know, i was thinking the same thing but i wasn't gonna say anything...
funny how so few appreciate what they have in lamar...

it's nice to see him have good games, makes my defense of him over the years all the sweeter

I kind of understand why people are so schizo when it comes to Lamar, though. It's hard to be objective when it comes to judging him as a player. There are things about him that enrage me, and there are things that inspire me, and both lead to extreme biases. I mean, on the one hand, you can't help but like him as a person--after all he went through with his son and grandma, how can you not root for him? He's also a warrior who raises his play in the postseason, plays through injuries, and occasionally dominates games. He seems to be a great clubhouse guy, too.

Then there are moments where you just wanna wring his neck. He'll let the likes of Andrea Bargnani blow right past him on consecutive possessions. He'll literally walk the ball inbounds. He'll commit lame-brain offensive fouls. He'll accidentally injure two of our best young players. He'll completely disappear for stretches. He'll make the occasional anti-clutch play. He'll miss 20 games a season due to injury. Most of the stuff I just listed is not his fault, but I get mad nonetheless.

The thing is, we should be used to all this by now, and know enough not to get too high or too low on Lamar. If we were to gush about awesome he is after a triple double game, then turn around and call for his head when he drifts aimlessly through the next game, how can we really be called fans? That kind of behavior just screams "fairweather."
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #13
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

Pau is the second option even when bynum comes back.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #14
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

It's one thing when he is expected to be the sidekick to Kobe....it's an entirely different thing when he is the 4th best player... he is a much better player when he is NOT expected to score or be " the guy" ... he can just play his role in the offense and doesn't need to force anything...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #15
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

He is playing great ball now that the spotlight is off of him. He reminds me of Boris Diaw the year the Lakers lost in 7 to the Suns, as far as being able to come close to a triple double almost every game, which is what I excpect with the way he is meshing with Gasol. Obviously he is a much better player than Diaw in every aspect of his game.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: