Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default Basketball Pushups?

Can someone tell me what basketball pushups do to help you in basketball. Im asking this because after I do them I just feel good when playing and my handles are on point.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Basketball Pushups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Can someone tell me what basketball pushups do to help you in basketball. Im asking this because after I do them I just feel good when playing and my handles are on point.

wtf is a basketball pushup. u mean like instead of having your hands on the ground their on the basketball?

either way if its an arm workout you feel nicer and more on point because your muscles are warmed up and compared to your other muscles they are more ready. thats why there are things called warmups
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Okay?...? I don't understand what the f*ck you're saying but I'll try to help anywayz.

Doing push-ups with your finger spread out are excellent for grip strength, getting used to spreading your fingers for maximum dribble control, and eventually gripping the damn thing and throwin it down.

Explosive clap pushups are nice to help you snap your chest passes.

Pushups with closer hands (diamond) enhance your triceps which will provide you more range on your J?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Basketball pushups? Like this?

It helps work your stabilizer muscles. That's about it.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

I think it also helps you with your grip so that the ball doesn't get stripped away as easily
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

Plyo-Pushups are the best, because they initiate explosiveness. Basically, push yourself up explosively off the ground, and try to fly as high as you can from the vertical push, maybe throwing your arms up above your head if possible. If you do these enough, your arms will be in good basketball shape. That's part of what we did in Strength & Conditioning in college.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way

anymore?
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Okay?...? I don't understand what the f*ck you're saying but I'll try to help anywayz.

Doing push-ups with your finger spread out are excellent for grip strength, getting used to spreading your fingers for maximum dribble control, and eventually gripping the damn thing and throwin it down.

Explosive clap pushups are nice to help you snap your chest passes.

Pushups with closer hands (diamond) enhance your triceps which will provide you more range on your J?

Chest passes have much more to do with your tricep and shoulder strength because you arms closer to your body... and even still it's almost just a natural thing to be able to fling it cus Kevin Love was a flabby mofo but look what he could do.

I would also think Plyo pushups would be the best workout to increase velocity on chest passes because both are explosive movements.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: