Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #16
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Those are all single season examples. I'm talking about over their career. Maybe you could add Scottie Pippen to that list. I'd have to look it up, but that sounds about right.

<shrug> that's an accurate statement. I can relate. I know D. Wade has put up some good numbers, but I don't like him because he's always acting hurt, and because he's always flopping to earn a foul shot. I don't like the perception that he should get more calls because he attacks the basket more and is a star.

I don't like Nash, because I don't think he puts up great numbers, I think he puts up good numbers for an all star point guard. I resent the implications that he makes everyone around him better, because the Suns haven't won anything that counts, and he never did crap in Dallas.

Mathius

That's exactly why I also dislike Dwyane Wade. ****ing flopper. He's almost as bad as Manu Ginobili.

I don't dislike Nash, but I do disagree that he should get all this praise for a 3rd straight MVP. He's a great PG, but not an MVP for crying out loud. He's all ready got tremendous talent around him. An MVP is someone like Lebron, who carries his team on his shoulders while his teammates are a bunch of bums.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Yeah for real.

Nash is an excellent player but come on ,Give lebron like 2 of these guys and see what happens

Amare Stoudamire
Raja Bell
Barbosa
Shawn Marion

.. Amare preferably. That would be sick
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
I don't dislike Nash, but I do disagree that he should get all this praise for a 3rd straight MVP. He's a great PG, but not an MVP for crying out loud. He's all ready got tremendous talent around him. An MVP is someone like Lebron, who carries his team on his shoulders while his teammates are a bunch of bums.

Exactly why I hate Nash. He has booko talent around him, and it's partly not because the players are that good, but because Phoenix is smart enough to pick up players who mostly fit their system. Jalen Rose was a bad pickup. I don't see him cracking the lineup despite how talented he is. But all of their other guys are geared towards a smallish, run-the-floor offense, so that's what they run.

The Cavaliers try to run a motion offense, when they have a bunch of guys who can't play the half court game offensively, or else are slow, like Z. (despite how talented he is).

Phoenix is smart enough to grab guys who fit their system.

I'm so sick and tired of this perception that the MVP has to be a player from a winning team. What the hell? It's MOST VALUABLE player. That to me, means a guy who is doing the most for the league. Who's brining in the most revenue? Who is the most exciting to watch? This is an entertainment industry at its core. Who's going to do that for you, a guy who is pouring his all out because he has to with no talent around him, or some guy that's surrounded by All-Stars and trying to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Yeah for real.

Nash is an excellent player but come on ,Give lebron like 2 of these guys and see what happens

Amare Stoudamire
Raja Bell
Barbosa
Shawn Marion

.. Amare preferably. That would be sick

And you didn't even mention Diaw, who averages close to a triple double, even though he isn't a big scorer. James Jones is also incredibly effective off the bench.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #19
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

no one can say lebron is overrated....hes breaking records left right and center...he totally lived up to the hype...i personally would have him over ANY (yes, including Kobe) SG/SF in the league
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Because he has "The Chosen One" tattooes on his back? I dont dislike LBJ, hes one of my favorite players, but he needs to be a bit more .............................modest?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Because he has "The Chosen One" tattooes on his back? I dont dislike LBJ, hes one of my favorite players, but he needs to be a bit more .............................modest?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's really a case of not being modest. This guy was tout'ed as the next Jordan when he was still in high school. He's the only #1 pick directly out of high school if I'm not mistaken. He had so much hype built up until this season it wasn't funny.

I think it's really a sign of him embracing the challenges that lay before him. For him to put "Chosen One" on himself, he's really saying that he will live up to the expectations and not let you down.

I mean really, how can that be considered arrogance? If you're willing to put that on your skin you have to be either stupid or confident, and Lebron may be a lot of things, but I've never thought him stupid.

I do hate it when people call him "Bron" though.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 01-18-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #22
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

People that hate Lebron are just jealous of this young man that is about the redefine the NBA. Being from Minneapolis and a huge KG and Kobe fan, I can say that I love Lebron and wish him the best...LONG LIVE KING JAMES!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's really a case of not being immodest. This guy was tout'ed as the next Jordan when he was still in high school. He's the only #1 pick directly out of high school if I'm not mistaken. He had so much hype built up until this season it wasn't funny.

I think it's really a sign of him embracing the challenges that lay before him. For him to put "Chosen One" on himself, he's really saying that he will live up to the expectations and not let you down.

I mean really, how can that be considered arrogance? If you're willing to put that on your skin you have to be either stupid or confident, and Lebron may be a lot of things, but I've never thought him stupid.

I do hate it when people call him "Bron" though.

Mathius

I think him and Kwame Brown are the only #1's straight out of high school but i agree with you on the tat. People were hyping him up since like 7th grade and he probably feels he is the chosen one because he was picked to be the next great thing at such a young age.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: