Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Isnt Kobe kindof exaggerating?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

Maybe this vid will help him understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwwHJXLjg4
    I laugh every time. This and the Lebron/Kobe puppet commericials have my type of humor. Great stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    It's ok, one day when you are old, frail and broken, your grandchildren will ask "What did you do gramps when Godbe descended on our planet, cured cancer, abolished unfair laws and brought an end to world hunger?". And you won't be able to speak or comprehend their questions, for your soul will be shrouded in darkness for ever doubting Godbe. The light of our lord touches only those worthy of his greatness, your stubborn mistrust will doom you. Godbe forgives, but he does not support the heretics. You will be left defenseless against the forces of LeCifer James, the dark lord of the underworld.
    ......... ............

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    KObe being a Ball hog and Selfish didn't Work
    Worked 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    When people (critics, fans, analysts etc. including me) narrated that Kobe is not supposed to take 30 FGA with this team/roster and that he should try to get his teammates involved/create for his teammates more frequently they dont mean that he should take only 10 FGA.... They dont mean that this team literally does NOT need his scoring at all and that he should only pass the ball...

They mean that Kobe should pass when he should and score when he should... just make the right play....

The Lakers are winning and Kobes change of mindset right now, i love it..... it proves my (and many others) old point on how Kobe should acommodate himself for this team to be more successful and that unselfish game he is playing right now is my exact type of acquired taste in a player........... but my point here is i think the Lakers would be even more successful if he would combine both of these traits (scoring/passing) and that it could even hurt the Lakers in the long run if he does not... I mean he is taking only ~10 FGA now 3 games in a row (by his standards thats just abnormal) and by majority just forcing the pass to an extent i never seen him do before... it cant be good when he turns down so many of his deadly efficient routine scoring opportunities just to... i dont know, prove a point? or am i wrong?

Thoughts?
    I get it, he is effortlessly putting out great stats, that are kinda of overshadowing Lebron. So yeah i can see why you think he should take a notch down.

Maybe it should be Lebron taking a notch up on his already epic stat padding?

Hey Pauk it is possible for you to be a even bigger whiny little ph@ggot?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I get it, he is effortlessly putting out great stats, that are kinda of overshadowing Lebron. So yeah i can see why you think he should take a notch down.

How are his stats overshadowing Lebron though?

His stats may be overshadowing old selfish Kobe which is not the same as overshadowing Lebron?
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 01-30-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Local High School Star

When people (critics, fans, analysts etc. including me) narrated that Kobe is not supposed to take 30 FGA with this team/roster and that he should try to get his teammates involved/create for his teammates more frequently they dont mean that he should take only 10 FGA.... They dont mean that this team literally does NOT need his scoring at all and that he should only pass the ball...

They mean that Kobe should pass when he should and score when he should... just make the right play....

The Lakers are winning and Kobes change of mindset right now, i love it..... it proves my (and many others) old point on how Kobe should acommodate himself for this team to be more successful and that unselfish game he is playing right now is my exact type of acquired taste in a player........... but my point here is i think the Lakers would be even more successful if he would combine both of these traits (scoring/passing) and that it could even hurt the Lakers in the long run if he does not... I mean he is taking only ~10 FGA now 3 games in a row (by his standards thats just abnormal) and by majority just forcing the pass to an extent i never seen him do before... it cant be good when he turns down so many of his deadly efficient routine scoring opportunities just to... i dont know, prove a point? or am i wrong?

Thoughts?
    I agree 100 percent. Kobe is one of my favorite players but I must admit that he is not as intuitive as Lebron. I as a fan can admit that Kobe has a one track mind, when he is in score mode, that is his focus, when share the ball mode that is his focus. For instance:

I can predict Kobe's mindset for an entire game by watching how he starts off. When Kobe hits two shots in a row from the same area, you can bet 100 million dollars that the next time up the court he will attempt from that area. That's why happened when he broke the three point record, he hit a couple n kept pulling. That's just something built into his DNA, almost like a scientist when he finds something working he continues the experiment

The thing that you ask will never happen. Don't get sad, angry, or frustrated because it is his gift and curse. Had he not had this one tract mind then he would not have been the Kobe that we know that makes incredible plays.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Thoughts?
    No you don't. It scares you. Btw, The Lakers won 5 titles with Kobes scoring mindset. No matter what you net geeks think, he knows how to win and has proved it over and over and over. There isn't just one way to be a winner in any sport. There are multiple ways as there have been many champions with many different styles of play. Kobe is just showing how versatile a player he really is. To be fair, I've always thought he would shine more playing like Magic instead of Michael. Of all players to come in the 90s, only Kobe is capable of doing what Magic did.

Cry about it bitches, I said it.

Of course he is, some people never learn. Its like you tell a kid he speaks too much, and then in the next few days he does not even speak at all other than a simple 'Hello'.

I like how Lebron apologists seems to think his style of play is the key to winning based on a whopping one championship. Maybe if Lebron played like Kobe he would actually have the championship pedigree that would make this conversation not ridiculous.

College superstar

It's funny, while I love the way Nashbe is playing right now, I feel like he's doing it to "babysit" Dwight to wins.

It's kinda sickening. Kobe never had to do this with Bynum on the squad... but look at Dwight's defensive intensity once Kobe starts passing. If anything, Dwight was the one pouting his way to touches, and now that he has them, is willing to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    It's funny, while I love the way Nashbe is playing right now, I feel like he's doing it to "babysit" Dwight to wins.

It's kinda sickening. Kobe never had to do this with Bynum on the squad... but look at Dwight's defensive intensity once Kobe starts passing. If anything, Dwight was the one pouting his way to touches, and now that he has them, is willing to play defense.
    Big men do become demoralized when they see guards jacking up shots, its not just for Dwight.

Some amazing kobe logic in ISH. As the season wore on

November - Lakers lose because they were missing key players, no Kobe don't change your game.

December - Lakers lose because Nash was running the offense, no Kobe don't change your game.

Early January - Lakers lose because his teammates suck, not Kobe. Go and trade Gasol and Dwight. Kobe's shotjacking is ok, he already won 5 championships.

Late January - #Kobesystem, Kobe Johnson taking over. All hail Godbe as he CHANGES his game for his team.

I'd like to see if Kobe fans would like him to revert to his "career efficiency" scoring style earlier this season.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Big men do become demoralized when they see guards jacking up shots, its not just for Dwight.
    I completely agree, most big men do.

Dwight is supposed to be a leader and the future of the Lakers. It's sickening.

Learning to shoot layups staywhite's Avatar

Replace Kobe with LBJ on the lakers and nothing else. 3rd in the west

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    This Recent Run of Success playing Unselfish team ball by Kobe makes him look even worse IMO. If he Played like this all along Lakers would be a top 3 seed in the west. KObe being a Ball hog and Selfish didn't Work so He and the team decided to try a different approach and right now it is working. Kobe scoring and Shots down but his Assists WAY up and team is winning. Will be interesting if they lose a couple games i a row if he reverts back to his old form or he stays the course the rest of the season playing like this ?
    Bullshit.

The Lakers are winning now because they slowed the pace of the game down by running the offense through Kobe in the post, which improved their biggest problem, their defense.

If anything, this shows how pointless it was to hire MDA.....when they should have gone after Phil or stayed with Bernie.