Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replace Embiid with a time traveled rookie Wilt

What would Wilt's stats look like so far in 2014? In 1959, he broke the scoring and rebounding record, while winning MVP as a rookie. The Warriors improved by 17 games over the previous season.

Default Re: Replace Embiid with a time traveled rookie Wilt

Probably won't play much. Need to learn a lot about the game. If he could adjust he's got pretty good potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    What would Wilt's stats look like so far in 2014? In 1959, he broke the scoring and rebounding record, while winning MVP as a rookie. The Warriors improved by 17 games over the previous season.
    He'd be more beta than bran. Possibly never winning a ring.

Looking at his high school resume, where he won TWO titles BTW, and was routinely scoring 40 ppg, and given the fact that he was DRAFTED while still IN high school, and was recruited by over 200 colleges...

I think the real question would be...WHEN would he be regarded as the best center in the game, and then, of course, the best player. I would think based on what we know, that he might already be considered the best center in the world by his junior year in high school.

In any case, can you imagine the buzz that this kid would be stirring in HIGH SCHOOL in TODAY's media world?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Looking at his high school resume, where he won TWO titles BTW, and was routinely scoring 40 ppg, and given the fact that he was DRAFTED while still IN high school, and was recruited by over 200 colleges...

I think the real question would be...WHEN would he be regarded as the best center in the game, and then, of course, the best player. I would think based on what we know, that he might already be considered the best center in the world by his junior year in high school.

In any case, can you imagine the buzz that this kid would be stirring in HIGH SCHOOL in TODAY's media world?
    Just imagine Wilt banged the 20.000 bitches in the Social Media Era

Wilt's high school career...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilt_Chamberlain

[QUOTE]As a player for the Overbrook Panthers, Chamberlain averaged 31 points a game during the 1953 high school season and led his team to a 71

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Just imagine Wilt banged the 20.000 bitches in the Social Media Era

He would be the Jeter of the NBA in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Lol, nowadays, people would be monitoring him since the age of 8 or so. Probably every play of him since the age of 15 or so would be available on film.
    The only problems a time traveled Wilt might face would have to do with certain game strategies that changed significantly since his era.
    Would be adapt to them? Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Dirk Nowitzki, while not having time traveled, still moved several levels upwards within a single season, by moving from a completely irrelevant Second Bundesliga to the NBA and became a star player by only his 2nd season there, while still not as old and mature as a rookie Wilt. Antetokounmpo also moved from the Greek A2 league (their 2nd category, as well - and he didn't even leave as a star player, just showed high potential) to the NBA and is already making impact at only age 20. If these guys could leave some scrub leagues and quickly adapt to the NBA, I'm sure a time traveled all-time kind of talent would easily be able to adapt.

Wilt's high school career...
    While Wilt only played only 2 seasons in the NCAA and therefore falls a bit behind in all-time rankings there, his HS career has to be a GOAT candidate, like his NBA one. Him, Kareem, LeBron, Kobe (?) and maybe a couple of others who, for some reason, failed to make it or to dominate in the NBA.

PS. While only high school level...I'd like to have seen his 90 point game in 28 minutes. Including 60 in a 12 minute span.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Is this a Wilt straight out of high school or Wilt after his 3 seasons in Kansas? A high school Wilt would have a lot to learn but still win ROY and be one if not the best center in the league. Just too fast, athletic, and skilled even in high school compared to current NBA centers. He would just be really thin and have to gain strength. Wilt out of college would be the best center in the league his rookie year. As far as stats...not sure. But a double double easily with high percentages from the field.

Does embiid go back to 59? Does he just phase out of existence?

he'd get sonned by samuel dalembert

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Is this a Wilt straight out of high school or Wilt after his 3 seasons in Kansas?
    Wilt entered the NBA as rookie after 2 years with the Globetrotters playing PG. So the 23 year old rookie Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Does embiid go back to 59? Does he just phase out of existence?
    He can take Wilt's place back in 59. So the record book will look a lot different. I'm curious as how a healthy Embiid stacks up with the other great centers in the 60s not named Wilt.

It's possible that instead of altering our timeline, we create a different timeline. Great Scott!

Wouldn't be breaking shit in todays era thats for sure. The media would be very well aware of his postseason choking in this era amd unless he didnt end up on Lebron's or Durant's team he would be ringless most likely.