Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rockets' Competition

The rockets have beat nobody

or

have they just made them look like nobodies.

I have to say I've been impressed despite the lack of top end competition they've played. I mean I would guess a few teams could also go undefeated with a similar schedule (not many) but what i'm impressed with is their dominance in blowing teams out the water. They are doing what great teams should do to bad or mediocre teams. How many teams would be as dominant while picking up these wins??? never have allowed more than 93 points against and last night was the first time they didn't crack the century mark.
    Last edited by MMM; 11-07-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Re: Rockets' Competition

The Rockets could go 82-0 and I still don't see them beating the Spurs, (healthy) Thunder, Clippers, Trailblazers, Mavericks, or Phoenix in a 7 game series.

In the playoffs, they play lockdown D on Harden and force Howard to average 25+ pts a game. The lack of offense will be exposed and most of all, McHale is a terrible coach.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They raped the teams they were meant to beat that's what good teams do is it not?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

They destroyed a couple of playoff teams with the Heat and the Spurs. The Spurs were missing some key players to be fair, but they blew them out.

It's only 5 games tho. Nothing to get too excited about. But if you are Houston fan, you should be happy that Harden is putting more effort with the D along with the whole team. Especially when Howard is out there. His plus/minus when his off the court is pretty crazy on the defensive end. It's -13.0 when he's off the court on the defensive end. It's night and day compared to last season when it was only -1.3.

But like I said, it's too early. Small sample size. We'll see if they can keep it up. If they can, then the team would be difficult to beat when playoffs come. You just gott'a hope Harden don't lay an egg come playoffs.
    Last edited by Micku; 11-07-2014 at 04:07 AM.

They've pretty much crushed everyone they've played. Duncan and Ginobli were out but you still had TP and the reigning Finals MVP.

It wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They raped the teams they were meant to beat that's what good teams do is it not?
    exactly

But like I said, it's too early
    agreed but just want to stress not many teams will have a run like they currently are on despite the competition. They have beat teams by no less than 11 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    The Rockets could go 82-0 and I still don't see them beating the Spurs, (healthy) Thunder, Clippers, Trailblazers, Mavericks, or Phoenix in a 7 game series.

In the playoffs, they play lockdown D on Harden and force Howard to average 25+ pts a game. The lack of offense will be exposed and most of all, McHale is a terrible coach.

This post is filled with a ton of recklessness

The wild west is wide open and i guess i could see any of the teams upset some of the higher seeds but I'm surprised that you have all those teams beating the Rockets. Especially the Suns who have no playoff experience also if we are going to mention the Suns then why not the Grizz, NOLA and the Kings???

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Oh, they scared now.

Go Houston.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

They've played 2 playoff teams so far, and one of them benched all their stars. I think an 82-0 prediction would be slightly premature.

Good thing championships aren't handed out in November.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20

Luckily the Rockets got rid of Lin so they wont give away games to opponents by making retarded plays.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Luckily the Rockets got rid of Lin so they wont give away games to opponents by making retarded plays.
    That bait

NBA lottery pick

You can only beat who is in front of you and that's what we've done. In fact our average wining margin is 17 points in this stretch and we are keeping teams to 89 points and scoring roughly around 105with a league leading 3pt make stat.We won in Utah where the Suns and the Cavs came up short beaten Miami in Miami without our starting PF. Last night we beat the Spurs without Beverley and jones again. Granted the Spurs were also missing key pieces.

We have won the games we should have won and unlike last season, when teams made a run, we didn't crumble and our defense for once has steped up.
    Last edited by ronnymac; 11-07-2014 at 06:28 AM.

The regular season isn

[QUOTE=All Net]The regular season isn