Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 6 Thread

The season opener was pretty good. What he pulled in the beggining was boss. The thing with the snakes was some freaky shit. This season has potential to be really good. Depending on where they go with the new serial killers story.

I literally laughed when Masuka's intern passed out during the snake scene.

I think I may be one of the few who really enjoyed season 3. I thought it was great, Dexter and his relationship with Jimmy Smits was one of my favourite bits of the entire series. I'd probably rank it behind seasons 1 and 4, but I always thought 2 and 5 were the weakest, not 3. Only thing that was truly bad about season 3 was the finale which was wrapped up without any real suspence or interesting action.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I just thought Jimmy Smits was awfull, that's why I didn't like Season 3.

I really liked it last night. It is nice that he's free of the burdens of Lumen and Rita, and Rita's kids, which made the last few seasons tough to navigate. His son sort of comes and goes as is necessary as a plot device, but I can live with that. It's not Shakespear.

One issue I can see having with this season, is that they've already dropped any masquerade on the killer. We already know it's Colin Hanks (who by the way I just don't like, and may be an issue for me, but I'll give it a shot), and Edward James Olmos. The reveal of the Ice Truck Killer, and The Skinner, were some of the better elements of the show's peak. And knowing who Trinity was from the get go worked really only because Lithgowe was so good.
    But I do like the religious ritualization. And I have high hopes for the season because of it. Also, without the burdens described above, Dexter has already become more fun. The Class reunion thing was already better than any of the little sub-stories done last year. It seems those got harder to do when Dex was caught up with another person, weather it was Rita or Lumen.

the blonde at the reunion was bangin!

i thought the cat n mouse episodes in season 3 were pretty sweet. the one's were jimmy smits and dexter were going back and forth trying to outdo each other, but that was only like 2 episodes of the whole season.

looking like a pretty good season so far. edward james olmos and colin hanks should be legit imo. focus is back on dexter's dark side where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    the blonde at the reunion was bangin!

i thought the cat n mouse episodes in season 3 were pretty sweet. the one's were jimmy smits and dexter were going back and forth trying to outdo each other, but that was only like 2 episodes of the whole season.

looking like a pretty good season so far. edward james olmos and colin hanks should be legit imo. focus is back on dexter's dark side where it should be.

The blonde was bangin!

I also look forward to whatever they do with Batista's sister, who seems to have as rediculous age gap between him and his sibling as Nucky Thompson does with his brother, and the Mayor of Charming had with his brother the deputy Sherriff on Sons of Anarchy.

NBA rookie of the year

Batista's and Laguerta's dull marriage is history which is good. That was a waste of screentime and the writers knew it.

NBA rookie of the year

I get the feeling Batista will become more suspicious of Dexter and probably die this season for whatever reason

Yeah, the introduction of Batista's sister, his divorce from Laguerta, her blackmailing the commish, and even Deb's impending engagement have made all of those characters significantly more interesting than they've been during most of the shows history (with the exception of Deb, who has had some fleshed out material over the years).

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

Batista's sister as the sitter solves a problem created by the loss of Rita. The problem with season 5 (as I saw it) was the Dexter was alwyas in danger of being caught from at least 3 places - cops, other killer he is chasing, and Rita and family.

Season 5's sitter was so forgiving, that he could do almost anything with her around and get away with it. The fact that the new sitter is Batista's sister and she is alreayd suspicious of him (right now its concern, but its suspicion) makes her the home threat that rita used to be.

Also glad the guilt-ridden dexer is gone and merry killing dexter is back.

I agree with the above poster that season 3 gets underrated. Smits was the most subtle of all the Dexter villians with the slowest burn and most complex character. Still, I'm 1-4-2-3-5.

Finally getting better....

Holy shit...did anyone else tonights episode? The ending was

My interest in the new killer just went up a knotch. Now that Dexters on it I can't wait to see whats next.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

You've got be confused to still be watching Dexter after the travesty that was last season.

Something really confusing happen. When Dex was talking to Deb, he said to himself that the killing style reminded him of his brother, and Deb said aloud "your brother." Since when did she know Rudy/Brian was Dex's brother?