Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #31
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Rock Band 2…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
USA.

Gitaroo Man initially had a very low print run and was in high demand thus driving the price up…

about 2 years ago, it got reprinted and was readily available though the price was still up there… Game Stop was selling used copies for $39.99 at that time and today I believe that it sells used for $24.99

Gitaroo Man has also been ported to the PSP.

Its a really great game. Not only does it require precise, rhythmic button presses but also timely and agile use of the analog control. IIDX and Gitaroo Man are the games that got me into music games… Honestly, if Guitar Freaks had better music, I'd favor that over the western music games… Bemani games are pretty well done I guess but IIDX is the only one I really get into… my wife owns in IIDX - she make me look horrible… she also gets into DDR and In the Groove.

EDIT:
Gitaroo Man at Game Stop

we all know how much Game Stop likes to price accordingly to popularity and charge more for the "hot sellers"

Then why has nobody in this thread heard of it, and why didn't it make the greatest hits collection?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #32
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Default Re: Rock Band 2…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Then why has nobody in this thread heard of it, and why didn't it make the greatest hits collection?

Mathius

I cannot know why one has or hasn't heard of a specific game…
Regarding Gitaroo Man, it wasn't a triple A title which is why it was rare for a long time… case of short supply, high demand, for a game people wanted to play and were willing to pay for it.

Games that are released in a "greatest hits" packaging are for the most part Triple A titles a a budget price. Many games sell well and never get repacked as such. Sometimes on purpose to maintain price point…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: