Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

Default 4-team trade sends Collison and Posey to Indiana! Troy Murphy gone

The New Jersey Nets have obtained forward Troy Murphy from the Indiana Pacers as part of a four-team trade which also involved the Houston Rockets and New Orleans Hornets, Nets General Manager Billy King announced today. As part of the transaction, the Rockets acquire Nets guard Courtney Lee and send Trevor Ariza to New Orleans, with Indiana acquiring Darren Collison and James Posey from the Hornets.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6401

---

Hells Yea. Bye bye Murphy. Hello Collison. I love this trade.

Finally a good point guard to build the team around. Playoff might not be such a long shot now? We might be able to squeak in as the 8th seed? Even though I would love a high draft pick more :P
    Last edited by insidehoops; 08-12-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Colliso and Posey to Indiana!!!!!

Holy shit. Murphy's ass is finally gone, we get a quality young point, AND slice $4mm off the immediate payroll. Posey's even a decent player, nowhere worth his contract, but he can play a bit still.

WELL DONE LARRY BIRD

Lol I was so excited I missed an N in CollisoN.

Yes very well done Mr.Bird. I take my hat off to you and bow!

Future D1 Dad

finally, a kick ass trade!!!

Dangerous Dangerous team with Collison now

What a steal for you. Is Posey that bad that they had to trade Collison. IDK very confused why the other teams did it. I cant believe you guys got Collison that cheap though. Will your rookie be starting PF or maybe Granger? Or do you see a future trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    What a steal for you. Is Posey that bad that they had to trade Collison. IDK very confused why the other teams did it. I cant believe you guys got Collison that cheap though. Will your rookie be starting PF or maybe Granger? Or do you see a future trade?
    I haven't seen Posey since he won a ring in Boston, but it's hard to think he fell off THAT hard in such a short time. He didn't have any injuries or anything that I can remember. Anyway, I heard reports the team'd like to buy him out, but Posey isn't pursuing one. I'd be fine with a buyout, clears a 15th roster spot to sign Magnum Rolle.

Right now the starting 4'd probably be Hansbrough, but no one really knows how healthy he is. There's a lot of bigs on the roster (Hansbrough, Jeff Foster, Solo Jones, Hibbert, hopefully Magnum Rolle soon, Josh McRoberts) but not one real quality starting 4 in the bunch obviously. There's clearly a hole there, but it's an easier one to fill than the one we just filled. There could be worse things than giving Hansbrough big minutes this year. With the current roster I think Danny'd see A LOT of minutes at the 4, more than he would at the 3 spot. That's something I'd rather not see.

I think they'll look for trades, but just like this GREAT one they just pulled off they'll be patient and look for a good fit. There's still loads of expiring deals on the roster that can be moved or spend some of the $25+ million of cap space (I'll have to update it now) this summer on a good 4 maybe.

Needless to say, I'm VERY excited about the direction of the franchise now. Lots of cap flexibility, some really good young exciting pieces that FA's may actually want to play with now. I'm looking at you Al Horford.

Granger doesnt like playing PF, he has said that himself. Quite frankly, I wouldnt mind seeing McRoberts given the opportunity. I remmeber in the 2 starts McRoberts had last season, he got a double double

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Collison and Posey to Indiana!!!!!

Great trade for you guys. You will miss Murphy short term, but oh well. Collison is a perfect fit for your system, the young PG you have needed. With Granger,Hibbert and George/George plus the young PFs, you have a nice core. Maybe Stephenson too, who will be more of a combo guard with DC here. You are probably out of the playoffs this year IMO, but not for long. I don't think you have the D, experience or frontcourt scoring to make it this year. George may not do much this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I haven't seen Posey since he won a ring in Boston, but it's hard to think he fell off THAT hard in such a short time. He didn't have any injuries or anything that I can remember. Anyway, I heard reports the team'd like to buy him out, but Posey isn't pursuing one. I'd be fine with a buyout, clears a 15th roster spot to sign Magnum Rolle.

Right now the starting 4'd probably be Hansbrough, but no one really knows how healthy he is. There's a lot of bigs on the roster (Hansbrough, Jeff Foster, Solo Jones, Hibbert, hopefully Magnum Rolle soon, Josh McRoberts) but not one real quality starting 4 in the bunch obviously. There's clearly a hole there, but it's an easier one to fill than the one we just filled. There could be worse things than giving Hansbrough big minutes this year. With the current roster I think Danny'd see A LOT of minutes at the 4, more than he would at the 3 spot. That's something I'd rather not see.

I think they'll look for trades, but just like this GREAT one they just pulled off they'll be patient and look for a good fit. There's still loads of expiring deals on the roster that can be moved or spend some of the $25+ million of cap space (I'll have to update it now) this summer on a good 4 maybe.

Needless to say, I'm VERY excited about the direction of the franchise now. Lots of cap flexibility, some really good young exciting pieces that FA's may actually want to play with now. I'm looking at you Al Horford.
    Oh. Forgot all about Tyler. It would be nice to see him get an opportunity.

Oh. Forgot all about Tyler. It would be nice to see him get an opportunity.
    There's nothing but it for him now if his head checks out. Either way, ~25ish million worth of expirers/cap space, it's a good day to be a Pacers fan.

Default Re: Collison and Posey to Indiana!!!!!

Yayyyyyy!!!!! Happiest I've been in months. Dead serious. I love this team.

Default Re: 4-team trade sends Collison and Posey to Indiana! Troy Murphy gone

The Indianapolis Star reports:

Larry Bird might have just saved his job.
    More important, though, the Indiana Pacers president, along with general manager David Morway, just made their long-irrelevant team about a thousand times more interesting and competitive.

Hello, Darren Collison, point guard of the future, short and long term, and a guy who is still playing on his modest rookie contract.

Hello, James Posey, a veteran defensive presence with 3-point shooting capabilities, a championship pedigree and a reasonable $13 million left in the final two years of his deal.

And goodbye, Troy Murphy

The Star report should read "Mike Wells may have saved his job." Wells is a terrible beat writer. He and Kravtiz both. Stop poaching ideas from Pacers Digest and your comment sections.

Anyway, the big story of this deal is JOSH MCROBERTS son! I'm tellin you, give the kid minutes and he's a nice rotational big. Starter? No. I guarantee anyone who wants to be he's a bigger contributor than Hansbrough this season.

Next thing on agenda: Buyout TJ Ford (most likely won't be able to trade him) and trade Dunleavy's expiring contract for a raw project pf.