Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #196
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: BREAKING: Lakers sign B-EAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Ok, ok,you lost another guy who actually respects you here.
Like I said, we can argue all they long, sure Zeller might be better, how better, team paying him 12 million dollars more per year till 2021 better?

I'm sorry if you can't handle it.

Zeller in 17 was a much better player than McGee has ever been.

Again, the contract compared to McGee doesn't make sense...it is compared to Deng. You are replacing Deng with him...not McGee.

I really can't believe you have this hard of a team understanding that.

And, like I've said, that last year of Zeller with the cap jumping out quite a bit before...would not be hard to move at all. He's a young good player when healthy.

DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #197
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
Well Zenmaster has given us a link ( above) to Randle's rumored trade value according to Adrian WOJ and it was a 2nd Rd pick. The Lakers valued Randle more and preferred to simply keep him as insurance policy( free agent strikeouts) to maybe re-sign than dumping him for a 2nd rounder.

I literally just got done saying that I think Randle was worth a high 2nd rounder or potentially a late first rounder depending on circumstances.

Again, the insurance policy argument doesn't make sense because you could have kept him and brought in Lebron....and added players that the franchise doesn't want to have a future on the team.

Not to mention actually getting creative.

Losing Randle for nothing is suboptimal...again, the fact that this point is still being argued just makes my point for me. Lakers fans are often delusional.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 07-28-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #198
DMAVS41

I'll give you guys the last word as I'm bored of this now.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #199
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I literally just got done saying that I think Randle was worth a high 2nd rounder or potentially a late first rounder depending on circumstances.

Again, the insurance policy argument doesn't make sense because you could have kept him and brought in Lebron...l.

I literally saw you hijack this thread by suggesting a stupid idea of Deng/ Randle packages as if though Randle was worth a team eating one of the maybe 3 worst contract in the NBA( Deng) So you are upset the Lakers missed out on a 2nd rd pick for Randle . Fine . The Lakers moved on & hope Randle gets the Payday he desires and can't by unhappily sitting on bench doing mop up behind LeBron/ Kuzma.

Again . Back from your inane hijack of any suggestions that a team would take on a Deng / Randle package when Randle alone barely gets interest for a 2nd rounder and to the topic.

Topic: Beasley was more efficient in 10 fewer minutes than the alternative ( Melo) and is thrilled to play in L.A. for Magic & with LeBron . Beasley would be thrilled to come off the bench and get 20-25 mpg unlike an arrogant Melo .
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #200
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Lol at 200 posts between DMAVs vs 100 Laker fans.

Nobody wants shitty Tyler Zeller and his bloated 3 year contract.

We're looking to shed Deng, not replace him with another longer useless contract.

Has nothing to do with Randle. We basically traded Randle for Rondo. Obviously remains to be seen if that was the right move or not. Both players give you different things. Lakers needed a backup point guard since they're already loaded at PF. Makes sense for both parties.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #201
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Lol at 200 posts between DMAVs vs 100 Laker fans.

Nobody wants shitty Tyler Zeller and his bloated 3 year contract.

We're looking to shed Deng, not replace him with another longer useless contract.

Has nothing to do with Randle. We basically traded Randle for Rondo. Obviously remains to be seen if that was the right move or not. Both players give you different things. Lakers needed a backup point guard since they're already loaded at PF. Makes sense for both parties.
I find it shocking that DMavs cant understand that we would rather slit our wrists than pay Zeller 15 mil per until 2021
He kept focusing on the now and insinuating that Cody will be a major difference maker for the Lakers when they could have just sign cheaper alternatives on one year deals and that well be celebrating after next season when Deng is gone.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #202
Rooster
Good college starter

Quote:
Again, I'd be fine with this if the Lakers added something useful in place of Randle. Instead, they added players that Lakers fans are likely praying don't have a future on the team.

This is Lebron team right now. Randle does not compliment him like Kuzma does. So Randle minutes will be limited so to speak. Also we added Rondo and our FO thinks hes a good fit with what we are are currently running which is a high pace. In essence, it will be high Uptempo game until the playoff comes and Lebron ball takes over. We all know what can Rondo can do in a playoff too. Like I said, Randle game and his effectiveness is mostly dependent if he has he ball and makes plays. He wont have that role with Lebron on the team.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #203
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I didn't disregard them, they just don't make any sensible points.

I know Zeller is not an expiring contract. And Deng isn't an expiring contract...he has 2 years left.

And, I also get you'd rather have neither, but that isn't happening because it is too costly to just salary dump Deng.

I'm not asking a franchise to lie. I simply think letting a player like Randle walk for nothing is suboptimal.

Good job on the check mate though.

While ignoring the most important parts:
1) "-McGee is a better rim protector, better blocker and better rebounder on 538.. Exactly what Lakers need. If it doesn't work out then we dump him next summer"

and ignored the whole 2nd post explaining Lakers had all intention of keeping Randle. Your whole premise is Lakers had no intention of keeping Randle so they should have traded him in February. Well that premise is gone. What are you even arguing at this point?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: