Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Pacers trade O'Neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

I think everyone knows that Jermaine's offensive game isn't too good and that he tends to take some bad shots. But really, so what? The defensive and rebounding improvements the Raptors will get from this move will offset all that IMO.

Besides, Colangelo's Euro plan is still going. Now they have a jump shooting Irish C.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Hardin is who I want if he falls to the 41 pick.
    I can't see that happening. He has too much potential.

I mean for all of his short comings including being unagressive on the boards, he is a physical specimen and when he wants to, he can rebound.

I can't say for sure what his problem was at Cal other then being paired alongside Ryan Anderson who was putting 21/10 or something like that.

Hardin could be a rich man's Millsap if he becomes more aggressive on the boards because of his size and strength. If BC did get another pic in the 25-30 range, I'd take him right there and not hope he falls. He did show his potential earlier in his career so he can do the things I hope he can (although regressing whether you play alongside a great big man or not is never a good sign).

Draft Giddens at 41. I said he'd be a steal months ago. His star went down since transferring from Kansas, but he's matured. Became a leader too. Would be a strong take it to the hole sg/sf.

If BC doesn't get another pick (and we do in fact get Indy's second rounder), I think Hardin will be gone so maybe someone like Hendrix.

If we come out of the summer with

Calderon/vet FA
    Parker/Delfino/Giddens
    Kapono/Moon/Graham
    Bosh/Bargnani/Humphries
    O'Neal/Rasho(if he does come back as a rumour suggested)/Hardin

I will be very pleased.
    Last edited by i seen hippos; 06-26-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Decent playground baller power works's Avatar

Dave Feschuk http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/449551

"... These are desperate times for the local hoopsters... adding O'Neal might help the .500 squad make an incremental improvement this coming season, his arrival in Toronto marks a step backward for a once up-and-coming club."

"Thirty in October, Jermaine might be better known as Jer-pain or Jer-moan for his alarming history of injury and gimme-the-ball immaturity. But Colangelo's suddenly not-so-young Raptors weren't exactly dealing from strength...."

"...(O'Neil's) health is a bigger question mark than Ford's, and he's a worse teammate than Nesterovic with, recent returns suggest, only marginally better stats. Even if he's better than that, remember Colangelo's vision of the Euro-tinged, 100-shots-a-night Raptors? Now they'll indulge O'Neal's painfully deliberate, averse-to-contact post game. If you thought Ford was a chemistry problem, wait until Jer-mine goes without his touches."
    Raptors basically traded their backup PG

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    I can't see that happening. He has too much potential.
    Yea that's probably true. I could even see the Spurs taking him at the end of the 1st round since it looks like Splitter is going to be staying in Europe a LONG time and Kurt Thomas is gone too.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
    The fact that the Celtics won with Rondo...a second year player, should only speak to the fact that Rondo is a good PG. I dont remember a PG doing that since Magic in his rookie year. Maybe we're underrating Rondo.
    Yup. I for sure am guilty of that.

I was surprised he played as much as he did and managed to score at all, in the games where the big three were not dominant.

DBDs

[quote=power works... What exactly did people expect in return?!...[/quote]

I wanted Iggy.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    I wanted Iggy.
    I would have gizzed my pants if we got my favorite player in the world.

I think the 41 has to go towards anyone who falls (obviously) or someone with potential first round talent but other issues, injuries, buyouts, whatever.

Lee, Walker, Dorsey, White. Snagging any of those four would make me super happy.

I'd probably bust a nut if we could somehow snag Lee, whether because he falls, or because we weasel our way into a late first round pick. Depending on where we could move to, I wouldn't mind involving Ukic.
    Last edited by bjtrdff; 06-26-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Local High School Star

Lee will go end of the first round but I believe the Raps will try to sng him if they get a pick. Good fit for the Raps. I'd like to see at 41 ...a guy that lots of people haven't talked about but could be a solid role player. Will Daniels from Rhode Island...can score in a multitude of ways and is a decent rebounder. Already has an NBA body...could be a potential sleeper in the draft.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

How is this a bad trade at all? Feschuk is a moron. Our needs for the past 3 years have been DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. After Duncan, KG, Dwight,.... Im stuck who else fits the mold better? Sheed? EHHHHH

The fact that we have Calderon lightens the blow of giving up TJ. In the end its out backup PG, 17th pick, backup center, for our new starting center, who is a 6 time all star. Obviously its a gamble. Bu TJ is a gamble too. We got exactly what we needed. Feschuk needs to shut TFU!

I love this trade for both teams. I do however believe that the Raps traded the wrong pg. TJ is better than Calderon, but he'll do. If Toronto can get a good sg/sf to go along with the new twin towers of the North and Calderon, they'll be a force in the East. Hell if JO stays healthy, and I think he got exactly what he needed in a change of scenery and will stay healthy or work through more pain, the Raps will be a force regardless.

And I like the trade for Indy as well.

National High School Star

Great deal for both the teams...Raps are guaranteed the top 5 spot in the eastern conference...a frontcourt with Bosh N O'Neal would be killer...I can finally support the home team

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    How is this a bad trade at all? Feschuk is a moron. Our needs for the past 3 years have been DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. After Duncan, KG, Dwight,.... Im stuck who else fits the mold better? Sheed? EHHHHH

The fact that we have Calderon lightens the blow of giving up TJ. In the end its out backup PG, 17th pick, backup center, for our new starting center, who is a 6 time all star. Obviously its a gamble. Bu TJ is a gamble too. We got exactly what we needed. Feschuk needs to shut TFU!
    Grange (G&M) takes the same perspective today.

And for the record, both probably read my early comments here, and THEN posted their updates. :)

Feschuk's reporting on basketball has gotten a lot better this last year. The article I quoted is what it is - sceptical, but good. Why should he shut up? Just cause he isn't kowtowing?
    Last edited by Good Old Willy; 06-26-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Banned

now its time to get granger ;]

Toronto is making moves, I must say... The East will be more competitive next season, no doubt about it.