Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #31
AirBonner
Tatyum

Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHILL
lmao you a dumb troll DEVIN BOOKER is a MEGA SUPERSTAR!
Who?
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #32
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Here are the Suns ratings since he came into the league.

1st year: 28th ORTG and 25th DRTG
2nd year: 22nd ORTG and 28th DRTG
3rd year: 30th ORTG and 30th DRTG

Toronto ranked 3rd best last year in ORTG, does that mean DeRozan and Lowry are among the best players in offense?
Suns TEAM on the other hand have beein tanking and in total disarray, firing their ROOKIE COACH after 5 games.
Mitchell's team on the other hand have developed their winning culture even before he got there, 12th BEST in ORTG, 3RD BEST in DRTG.
That is why you can't just look at his team's stats and rankings and look at the over all data. Devin averaged 25 pts and 5 assists at 56% TS%, yes, his stats slightly falls off if he joins a stacked team but I'll take him over Mitchell for NOW, bec of his better 3pt shooting 38% as compared to Donovan's 34%.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #33
livingby3's
70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0

I love threads like this. Devin will kill this debate.
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #34
GreatHILL
BANNED 4 LIFE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
Who?

STFU STUPID BANDWAGON WIGGA
GreatHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #35
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

I like Mitchell a lot more. Not that defense is that important when you're an elite scoring guard, but effort is. Look at Curry, no he's a good defender but at least he tries. Effort is important and I haven't seen that in Booker. Give me Mitchell.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #36
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Toronto ranked 3rd best last year in ORTG, does that mean DeRozan and Lowry are among the best players in offense?
Suns TEAM on the other hand have beein tanking and in total disarray, firing their ROOKIE COACH after 5 games.
Mitchell's team on the other hand have developed their winning culture even before he got there, 12th BEST in ORTG, 3RD BEST in DRTG.
That is why you can't just look at his team's stats and rankings and look at the over all data. Devin averaged 25 pts and 5 assists at 56% TS%, yes, his stats slightly falls off if he joins a stacked team but I'll take him over Mitchell for NOW, bec of his better 3pt shooting 38% as compared to Donovan's 34%.

Booker shot 34% as a rookie. If you've ever actually watched Mitchell play you know he will be a great shooter. Has great form and unlimited range. His biggest problem is that he has no shooters around him other than Ingles. Makes life tough for him, Gobert and Ingles.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 07-23-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #37
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer

Quote:
Mitchell also plays defense. Booker is uhhh...well...the wing version of KAT on defense.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #38
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Booker shot 34% as a rookie. If you've ever actually watched Mitchell play you know he will be a great shooter. Has great form and unlimited range. He's biggest problem is that he has no shooters around him other than Ingles. Makes life tough for him, Gobert and Ingles.

Time will tell whether Mitchell will improve on his shooting. Sure there are rookie jitters etc but he actually shot better before allstar break at 35.4% as compared to post allstar where he only shot 31.4%.
11 games in the playoffs, he shot 31% including shooting 27% in May.
Yes, it's harder to operate and "attack" if your teammates can't shoot but I don't see the relevance about his 3pt shooting. Donovan shot under 33% in college (65 games) where the line was shorter by like 4 feet.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #39
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Time will tell whether Mitchell will improve on his shooting. Sure there are rookie jitters etc but he actually shot better before allstar break at 35.4% as compared to post allstar where he only shot 31.4%.
11 games in the playoffs, he shot 31% including shooting 27% in May.
Yes, it's harder to operate and "attack" if your teammates can't shoot but I don't see the relevance about his 3pt shooting. Donovan shot under 33% in college (65 games) where the line was shorter by like 4 feet.

And he improved a lot in college and since. The guy puts in the work and has great form. I really can't imagine him not becoming a great shooter.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: