Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2018, 05:01 AM   #1
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,569
Default Booker vs Mitchell?

I think Mitchell was better than anythin i have seen from Booker. But i seriously think he could take a significant step back this upcoming season
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:02 AM   #2
DeRozan m8
RENT FREE
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,119
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

I hope he doesn't, love the kid, so entertaining, and has the X factor, can turn a game on its head.

The future is bright.
DeRozan m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star
 
CakeorDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,997
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

All indications from inside the Jazz organization and from local media is that Mitchell is an absolute gym rat, his work ethic is stupid high, and he's extremely coachable. He's said multiple times that he has no intention of hitting the sophomore slump.

Summer workouts so far look good. Check out the two videos here:

https://thejnotes.com/2018/07/19/uta...hris-brickley/

That jump shot is just so balanced, effortless, and smooth. Glad he's working on the mid range pullup, as that was by and large missing from his game last year.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,498
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
I think Mitchell was better than anythin i have seen from Booker. But i seriously think he could take a significant step back this upcoming season
Why do you think Mitchell could take a significant step back? What is the better than anything you've seen from Booker?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
StrongLurk
Buzz City
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,507
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Booker last year was better than Mitchell, no doubt.

This year is tbd.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
Cali Syndicate
Championship or bust
 
Cali Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Why do you think Mitchell could take a significant step back? What is the better than anything you've seen from Booker?

Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #7
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,413
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

It's tough to say because Mitchell has the much better coach and much better team. If the roles were reversed for example, Booker would be shining. I'll say Mitchell is more complete because he plays defense (and is asked of him to do), but Booker was better overall last year. He is quietly turning into one of the best scorers in the league since last season.

Also funny to hear, but Booker is apparently the biggest trash talker in the NBA according to several players :
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 22,902
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
It's tough to say because Mitchell has the much better coach and much better team. If the roles were reversed for example, Booker would be shining. I'll say Mitchell is more complete because he plays defense (and is asked of him to do), but Booker was better overall last year. He is quietly turning into one of the best scorers in the league since last season.

Also funny to hear, but Booker is apparently the biggest trash talker in the NBA according to several players :

Booker wouldn't be playing for the Jazz. If you don't try to defend or at least went to Duke you don't play.

The only way I can see Mitchell getting worse is because of his supporting cast or an injury. They need shooters. Instead they brought back the same team that made life tough on Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles with their lack of spacing and couldn't get past Houston.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,510
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Mitchell.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #10
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,958
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.
I understand he was great but the question is did he REALLY lead that team to major success or their great team defense and discipline?
Replace him with Kemba or Jrue Holiday or Gary Harris etc would there be significant drop off?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #11
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,498
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.
Not taking anything away from Mitchell, but is it really fair to say he led the Jazz to a +.500 record? Rudy is the identity of that team.

Kokoškov is going to be the 4th head coach in Booker's 4 years in Phoenix. I'm not even sure we've scratched the surface of what Booker can be yet.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #12
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 29,600
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Mitchell.

This isn't even close really. Booker doesn't defend at all and doesn't really make players around him better yet.

I still really like Booker, but Mitchell's ceiling is just considerably higher already from what he showed as a rookie.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../devin-booker/
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ovan-mitchell/
DMAVS41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,413
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Booker wouldn't be playing for the Jazz. If you don't try to defend or at least went to Duke you don't play.

The only way I can see Mitchell getting worse is because of his supporting cast or an injury. They need shooters. Instead they brought back the same team that made life tough on Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles with their lack of spacing and couldn't get past Houston.
Booker is literally carrying the entire offense. It would be different if he had others sometimes taking turns on offense to rest and play defense, while being coached by one of the best in the business. Situation matters, it's not black and white like you're saying it.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 22,902
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Booker is literally carrying the entire offense. It would be different if he had others sometimes taking turns on offense to rest and play defense, while being coached by one of the best in the business. Situation matters, it's not black and white like you're saying it.

Mitchell was carrying the Jazz offense with one shooter around him! He also had time to compete on D. Something that is foreign to Booker.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #15
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan
 
PejaNowitzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,794
Default Re: Booker vs Mitchell?

It'll be interesting to see what Booker can do with some legit coaching and talent around him. Utah vs Phoenix in the playoffs sometime in the next few years would be fun. Booker vs Mitchell. Ayton vs Gobert.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy