Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #106
mhg88
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,321
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
So, how have the Heat done during all those times Shaq was hurt?

How have they done this year with Wade out?
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #107
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
How have they done this year with Wade out?

Shaq is on his last legs, and the shadow of a player he was 2-3 years ago.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #108
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,238
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
I never said he'd take it further. I simply said that championship was Shaq's.

And those are playoff stats you posted.

Neither LeBron nor Arenas ever averaged more than 10 FTA for the season.

Are you serious? Wade was easily the best player on that team.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #109
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Are you serious? Wade was easily the best player on that team.

As was Parker in the last year's playoffs. And still, the Spurs would've gone out in the first round without Timmy.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #110
mhg88
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,321
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Shaq is on his last legs, and the shadow of a player he was 2-3 years ago.


3 yrs ago: Wade 77 games, Shaq 73
2 yrs ago: Wade 75 games, Shaq 59, team wins title

mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #111
Enrico_Palazzo
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sout Flawda
Posts: 7
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Dumb thread. Yeah, we know, Wade shoots a lot of FT's. He earns them with aggressive play and usually makes them. That's what great players do, particularly on off shooting nights. I'm not a Heat fan or Wade fan but I've never understood the hate he gets for simply playing hard, smart, and taking advantage of his ability.
Enrico_Palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #112
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,238
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Arenas and LeBron are much better players than Wade. And no, they do NOT average more FTAs. Check your facts before spouting off.

Arenas is not better then Wade. Arenas is a better scorer and thats it. Wade is a better all-around player. He has a career PER of 24.4 to Arenas 20, and Wade highest was last year at over 28, while Arenas highest is 24.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #113
steadyfast96
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
steadyfast96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 279
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I'm not going to get too far into it, but I'd be OK if Wade retired...today. Really don't need that constant reminder of the current state of the rules.


I don't think he'll go past five six more years with his style of play. His game is probably 85% driving into the lane. With the other 15% on the free throw line.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #114
gabeh1018
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 706
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico_Palazzo
Dumb thread. Yeah, we know, Wade shoots a lot of FT's. He earns them with aggressive play and usually makes them. That's what great players do, particularly on off shooting nights. I'm not a Heat fan or Wade fan but I've never understood the hate he gets for simply playing hard, smart, and taking advantage of his ability.


good post at least someone can respond thoughtfully, intelligently, and without bias
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #115
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,238
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
As was Parker in the last year's playoffs. And still, the Spurs would've gone out in the first round without Timmy.

Ummmm, no. Parker was the best player on the Spurs for a series, while Wade was easily the best player on the Heat for a whole season. You can't even compare those two situations. Tony Parker is not a top 15 player in the league, and Tim Duncan is still one of the best players in the league, while since the start of the Heat's championship season, Shaq has taken a major fall.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #116
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go
 
Dizzle-2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Third Coast, Texas
Posts: 4,422
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

how about telling teams to stop fouling the guy. its as simple as that.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #117
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,238
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyfast96
I don't think he'll go past five six more years with his style of play. His game is probably 85% driving into the lane. With the other 15% on the free throw line.

I think before that he will change his style of play. I don't see him being that great for too long because of it though as he already seems a little injury proned. I hope this doesnt happen, but I could see him becoming like Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway. A great player with an injury riddled career.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #118
gabeh1018
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 706
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think before that he will change his style of play. I don't see him being that great for too long because of it though as he already seems a little injury proned. I hope this doesnt happen, but I could see him becoming like Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway. A great player with an injury riddled career.

who won a championship
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #119
ShamRockStar
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 503
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Noone in the league drives as much as Wade.The last comparable person was maybe young Iverson.


Paul Pierce does, last year he was hurt, but in 05-06 he led the league in FTA per game I believe, and he deserved more, if he got the Wade treatment he would of shot like 20 per game easy.
ShamRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #120
gabeh1018
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 706
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRockStar
Paul Pierce does, last year he was hurt, but in 05-06 he led the league in FTA per game I believe, and he deserved more, if he got the Wade treatment he would of shot like 20 per game easy.


my mommy is better than your mommy
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy