Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-03-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Default Rate my team please

Ok guys im playing in a head to head 12 team 9 cat league, and i was wondering if there's any tweaks or changes i should make with this team going into the season. Thanks in advance
PG
Deron Williams
SG
Joe Johnson
G
Kevin Durant
SF
Josh Smith
PF
Jermaine O'Neal
F
Stephen Jackson
C
Marcus Camby
Util
Mike Miller
Util
Raymond Felton
BN
John Salmons
BN
Chris Wilcox
BN
Beno Udrih
BN
Hakim Warrick
xrvdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Default Re: Rate my team please

Your team is hideous in FT% and TO... it's borderline tanking in both cats. Candidates for trade should be Jermaine, Felton and Stephen Jackson.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Your team is hideous in FT% and TO... it's borderline tanking in both cats. Candidates for trade should be Jermaine, Felton and Stephen Jackson.
You've got to mean FG% instead of FT% because this team is very good in FT%.

Personally I'd let things play out a bit. O'Neal has been injured so much you're not going to get much out of him. Felton would be a move I'd consider but would Larry Brown really start a rookie PG? And there's no way I'd trade Stephen Jackson right now with Davis gone and Ellis out for 3 months.

FG% is pretty much beyond repair right now so why bother with it. And tanking turnovers is the result of being close to unbeatable in assists. What could easily help this team is another dependable rebounder. We don't know if that's what Hakim Warrick will be this season so I'd keep on the lookout for one on the waiver wire. What good big men are on the waiver wire? He doesn't necessarily have to block shots since you already have O'Neal, Camby and Smith but it wouldn't hurt as a hedge against an O'Neal or Camby injury.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Yea my bad, I meant FG%...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
xrvdx
I brick open layups

Thanks guys this means a lot. The rebounders that are on the waiver now are Foster, Pryzibilla, Reggie Evans, Haywood, Millsap...players of that caliber. Do u recomend me dropping any of my players for these guys?
xrvdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvdx
Thanks guys this means a lot. The rebounders that are on the waiver now are Foster, Pryzibilla, Reggie Evans, Haywood, Millsap...players of that caliber. Do u recomend me dropping any of my players for these guys?
Nah. Stick with Warrick and see how he pans out. Haywood's the best prospect out of those you mentioned but he's got nowhere near the level of guaranteed minutes that Warrick will have. But a long term goal should be to get another shot blocker and there's almost always some guy each year who comes out of nowhere to become a double-double guy.

Since you're already punting FG% there's not much sense in holding onto a weak three point shooter like Udrih. Depending on how your players pan out you might consider packaging him to bring back a 3 point shooting PG. You could even try to kill two birds with one stone and get your rebounder/shotblocker in that trade too.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
DEA7H13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Fail.
DEA7H13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: