Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #91
iDefend5
Banned

Default Re: Top 5 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRaptor
My top 5:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Greg Jennings
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Hakeem Nicks
Packers fan and Jennings' #1 fan here, Jennings is not better than Fitzgerald. It is a pretty asinine statement in my opinion. The two Johnson's and Fitzgerald are in their own class.
iDefend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #92
AirRaptor
I airball my layups

^Ur right. What was I thinking. I forgot Larry's epic playoffs from a couple years back
AirRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #93
iDefend5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
No...next year if both stay healthy you will see Miles being Romo's main target and go to man...just like Robinson is now.

Dez is hard to trust in terms of route running...

it isn't that Dez is a bad route runner, it is that many times he just flat out runs the wrong route...he just isn't very smart.

at OSU there was a coach assigned to just Dez, who told him what route to run before each play, because he had too much trouble learning the play book...

If Dallas does make the post season you will see Miles being the main WR...I am sure of it
Yeah I know the problem that Dez has and why he isn't up there with Nicks, Wallace, Jennings, etc. It's like Dez doesn't even know the playbook.

When both Dez and Miles are healthy, Miles is probably better. But the problem is that Miles has not been healthy in this season. In my opinion even if Miles was healthy he still isn't a top 5 WR in the NFL. Miles' hands are simply made out of bricks.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #94
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefend5
Yeah I know the problem that Dez has and why he isn't up there with Nicks, Wallace, Jennings, etc. It's like Dez doesn't even know the playbook.

When both Dez and Miles are healthy, Miles is probably better. But the problem is that Miles has not been healthy in this season. In my opinion even if Miles was healthy he still isn't a top 5 WR in the NFL. Miles' hands are simply made out of bricks.
so were Owens...

Miles style of play reminds me exactly of Owens...they are even the exact same height and weight...

they are the same WR

both fast

both physically dominate

and yeah, both have bad hands

you don't think Miles is top-5, and most don't, but I PROMISE YOU, had Miles been 100% the entire year he would have been top-5 in just about every single WR stat...his numbers would look just like Owens in his prime...

He IS Owens...only without the drama
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #95
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Same height and weight.. thats about it. Lets ignore quickness, hops, length, speed, overall coordination, after the catch ability... Miles isnt even close to TO.

You could literally say what you said with like.. 25% of all the recievers/players in the entire NFL. These guys are all big and jacked.. the other things are what separate the elite from the good and the good from the average.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #96
iDefend5
Banned

Quote:
you don't think Miles is top-5, and most don't, but I PROMISE YOU, had Miles been 100% the entire year he would have been top-5 in just about every single WR stat...his numbers would look just like Owens in his prime...

So you are pretty much saying Austin is better than Owens? I wouldn't mind saying Austin is a poor man's TO but he is not TO without the drama because that would mean Austin is better than Owens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

Same height and weight.. thats about it. Lets ignore quickness, hops, length, speed, overall coordination, after the catch ability... Miles isnt even close to TO.

You could literally say what you said with like.. 25% of all the recievers/players in the entire NFL. These guys are all big and jacked.. the other things are what separate the elite from the good and the good from the average.
He also forgot about the one thing that made TO so great and that was his work-ethic.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #97
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

no you could not...please try it

Miles has elite speed btw...he is just as fast as Owens ever was

before he was "found" he was just used as a speedy deep threat and kick returner...

not sure about vertical...

length?...same

Miles is very cordinated, and has the same catch ability, his stats while healthy back that up
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #98
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefend5
So you are pretty much saying Austin is better than Owens? I wouldn't mind saying Austin is a poor man's TO but he is not TO without the drama because that would mean Austin is better than Owens.

He also forgot about the one thing that made TO so great and that was his work-ethic.
umm...when owens left Dallas Miles WAS better

Dallas fans were very happy to ditch Owens and move on with Miles...

Owens does have a strong work ethic...but I have never heard that Miles doesn't work hard
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: