Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #46
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Default Re: We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
This is ridiculous- there is NO CHANCE the denver trades carmelo for chris bosh

Bargnanini, kapono, banks, and ukic for steven hunter(4 mill expiring deal), 13 million dollard trade expemtions(camby + ai deals) + 2 1sts and 2 2nds- erase all the mistakes with the valuble trade exemption and picks

Not that you ever do that but bargnani playing with carmelo and nene would be perfect for all 3- when is bargnani a fa

Is this NBA Live or 2K9?
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #47
HalphbreedBaller
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Based on what?

I said I bet...you in on the bet?
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #48
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
I said I bet...you in on the bet?

No I am not. Seeing as it's not been discussed as even a remote rumour....I'll say it's not going to happen.

If the Raps offered Bosh for Melo though at any time, Denver would probably accept. Most teams would prefer an all star big scorer over a wing scorer, for right or wrong.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #49
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
No I am not. Seeing as it's not been discussed as even a remote rumour....I'll say it's not going to happen.

If the Raps offered Bosh for Melo though at any time, Denver would probably accept. Most teams would prefer an all star big scorer over a wing scorer, for right or wrong.

If we do that trade and let Marion walk I think we would have a more complete team. We can have Bargnani as our offensive big and Pops for energy and rebounding. Like what everyone wanted. I'm not saying Pops is a legit NBA starter but he is a very decent rebounder and does all the intangible things you need done for your starting lineup to be successful. Melo on the wing and an upgrade at SG (Either FA or 1st Round Pick) would make this team way more balanced IMO. What do you all think?

C - Bargs
PF - Pops
SF - Melo
SG - FA or 1st Rd. Pick [Henderson, Aminu, Clark, Derozan, Budinger]
PG - Jose
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #50
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
If we do that trade and let Marion walk I think we would have a more complete team. We can have Bargnani as our offensive big and Pops for energy and rebounding. Like what everyone wanted. I'm not saying Pops is a legit NBA starter but he is a very decent rebounder and does all the intangible things you need done for your starting lineup to be successful. Melo on the wing and an upgrade at SG (Either FA or 1st Round Pick) would make this team way more balanced IMO. What do you all think?

C - Bargs
PF - Pops
SF - Melo
PG - Jose

People...Pops is NOT an NBA Starter!!!!!! It is too comical how we anoite a guy a starter after one good game.

That team is a lottery team is the worst way.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #51
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Quote:

C - Bargs
PF - Pops
SF - Melo
PG - Jose

What has gotten into all of you guys? When did Pops become a starter in the NBA. Hes only been in it 2 weeks. Take off the homer glasses people, this team ain't going anywhere if he is our starting 4 next year.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #52
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
What has gotten into all of you guys? When did Pops become a starter in the NBA. Hes only been in it 2 weeks. Take off the homer glasses people, this team ain't going anywhere if he is our starting 4 next year.

hahaa i know. This is serious homerism if people in here think pops is a legit starter in this league.

That team with Melo, bargs, jose will be a HUGE defensive liability. Even more than what we are now. We are complaining this season about our team's defensive crapfest and then we are proposing to make it even less defense oriented system? That team will not go far. We would have holes and still be a lottery team.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #53
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:

C - Bargs
PF - Pops
SF - Melo
PG - Jose

Read the bolded section above. We can use the money from Marion's expiring deal to pick up a PF or a SG depending on who we draft. Calm down people. I'm just saying we need a rebounder down low with Bargnani.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #54
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
hahaa i know. This is serious homerism if people in here think pops is a legit starter in this league.

That team with Melo, bargs, jose will be a HUGE defensive liability. Even more than what we are now. We are complaining this season about our team's defensive crapfest and then we are proposing to make it even less defense oriented system? That team will not go far. We would have holes and still be a lottery team.

I think we would be a better defensive team next year. Lets all admit it, Bosh cannot play D. We will get Delfino back who is an above-average defender and probally get Rasho back to backup our C. I want Bargnani to play PF because thats where he defends best and pick up a good defensive center in the freeagent then draft a SG.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #55
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

First off, Pops is not a starter in the NBA. I'd like to see him back next year but in the same role he plays now, a hustle/energy guy off the bench. The role Kris Humphries played before he got hurt.

Second, you do not trade a player like Chris Bosh, you just don't. If anyone in the front court should be moved in the offseason, it's Bargnani. Get a legit rebounding/defensive big(JO was supposed to be this but health issues limited him) to pair with Bosh, as well as a true scoring option on the wing and we'll be good to go. I know, it's much easier said than done. I'm not sure who we could realistically get with what little trading assets we have.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #56
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
First off, Pops is not a starter in the NBA. I'd like to see him back next year but in the same role he plays now, a hustle/energy guy off the bench. The role Kris Humphries played before he got hurt.

Second, you do not trade a player like Chris Bosh, you just don't. If anyone in the front court should be moved in the offseason, it's Bargnani. Get a legit rebounding/defensive big(JO was supposed to be this but health issues limited him) to pair with Bosh, as well as a true scoring option on the wing and we'll be good to go. I know, it's much easier said than done. I'm not sure who we could realistically get with what little trading assets we have.

if you wanna waste a max contract with Bosh, who obviously can't lead a team to success, then you're welcome.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #57
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Halph, we arent the Phoenix Suns and this isnt 3 or 4 years ago...

Marion isnt good anymore, and isnt worth what he wants, Raps would get screwed if they resigned him
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #58
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Halph, we arent the Phoenix Suns and this isnt 3 or 4 years ago...

Marion isnt good anymore, and isnt worth what he wants, Raps would get screwed if they resigned him

I'm starting to think the same after the way he's been playing the past 5 games or so. I doubt he would even want to resign here.. but we're the only ones with any substantial amount of money this offseason.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #59
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

He most likely doesn't want to stay, and we definitely shouldn't bring him back.

It's hard to admit, but it's time to rebuild this team, and signing a player of Marions age (not that he's that old) and caliber, isn't a great start.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #60
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
He most likely doesn't want to stay, and we definitely shouldn't bring him back.

It's hard to admit, but it's time to rebuild this team, and signing a player of Marions age (not that he's that old) and caliber, isn't a great start.

I am going to go win the title with the Raps on NBA 2K9 now by completely rebuilding them, then show you the roster.

Maybe then we can get BC's cell phone # and text him the trades he should do.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: