Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #46
AussieG
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Could You Score in an NBA Game?

The hardest thing would be, being in good enough physical shape so that you could stay on the floor long enough to score. Even the pros struggle when they return from injury.

After a few months training and getting ready for it, it'd be easier. But no, it wouldn't be easy for anyone here to score. To be on the floor at all, you have to EARN it. And that means helping the team in ways, that other players who are on the bench cannot.

For most people here.. even 5 minutes of NBA intensity basketball would be exhausting.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #47
Rysio
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
So you are saying that you are short and fat with an awkward release?
short? 6'0 in shoes breh.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
Pushxx
Pushxx

Everyone in here is delusional.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #49
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
Drive to the rim enough times and you will eventually score, whether by foul shot or layup. The system has to accommodate, with enough screens etc.
Ron Artest tried that once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTExxfyX_0c

However, while Ron Artest is an NBA skilled 6'8'' monster, the issue for most of us trying to drive is the fact that NBA defenders would not allow it. I have to be honest, most amateur defenders I've faced have not been great. That said, there's been some amateur guys, a few shorter than me (I'm 6'3'') who were just flat out strong, quick, and physical enough to not really even allow me to get a step to the bucket without them waiting for me. And those guys weren't that great, so to picture a 6'6'' NBA defender picking me up... I am not getting to the hole off the dribble ever. So creating a chance to get fouled would never happen.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #50
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
short? 6'0 in shoes breh.
Good luck posting up and shooting over anybody let alone an NBA player.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #51
Rysio
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
Good luck posting up and shooting over anybody let alone an NBA player.
i dont need luck i know i could post up any nba player under 6'5 and get a shot off every single time. if i can back down 300lbs motherfukkers at the gym you think i cant back down these skinny 160 pound cardio clowns. lol
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
kshutts1
College superstar

I would only score if I was ALLOWED to shoot. I've got a pretty legit shot, but I'm only 6'1, and not even close to D1 talent, much less NBA. If I was given wide open shots, I could hit some... but not with a guy closing out on me that, when jumping, has his hand 11-12' in the air.

Also, if I was fouled I'd score. So maybe I could pull a D-Wade and jump into the defender, creating the contact on my own, and get to the line on that BS foul call.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #53
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Quote:
i dont need luck i know i could post up any nba player under 6'5 and get a shot off every single time. if i can back down 300lbs motherfukkers at the gym you think i cant back down these skinny 160 pound cardio clowns. lol
Here, get in touch with these guys http://alturl.com/jedky or send them an email to the attention of Mr Colangelo. I'm hearing it is relatively easy to get in. For a guy like you, I'd say no problem. Let me know how it goes.

You're welcome.

EDIT: you will need to be willing to relocate to Canada though
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #54
CeltsGarlic
Uday Hussein

Quote:

omfg. You would get pushed around by some white spot up shooter like korver like a piece of paper..
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #55
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Nope. The only way I could score is at the FT line. But how would I get there? No clue. I could say being put in during a blowout and fouled but...why would anyone foul me? There are dumb NBA players so you never know. Small % I end up on the FT line but thats the only way. I'm not scoring no other way. Some of you need to swallow your pride and stop thinkin your RAIN DANCE is going to appear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K2v2XFYg_Q
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
BigTicket
Cavs for life

No, but I could probably airball a shot or two. I never was much of a jump shooter, and I obviously wouldn't be getting to the rim against NBA players.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #57
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Everyone could score from a fastbreak sooner or later but if I get a lot of shoots I am sure I could hit one ( no one would guard me if I shoot from half court , well maybe they would when they see how bad I'm and they can steal me the ball easly but I could still have a lot of full court shots to try every time defender isn't near me ) but for every point I score opponent will score 100+ .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #58
Rysio
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
omfg. You would get pushed around by some white spot up shooter like korver like a piece of paper..
dude's like 6'6 200lbs im sure he could but when its his turn to defend he aint got nothing for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #59
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Everyone could score from a fastbreak sooner or later but if I get a lot of shoots I am sure I could hit one ( no one would guard me if I shoot from half court , well maybe they would when they see how bad I'm and they can steal me the ball easly but I could still have a lot of full court shots to try every time defender isn't near me ) but for every point I score opponent will score 100+ .

You would hardly get time and when you do this idea fast breaks would be there for you is funny. Stop.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #60
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
Just wondering how many ISH posters believe they could enter an NBA game and, at some point, score a basket from the field? Bragging permitted, but let's keep it real. This is a legitimate search. Who could score?

I could, been playing Ball pretty much my whole life, 2 points wouldnt be hard.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: