Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #31
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: O.T. Bears Draft

yeah, i actually thought they'd grab a qb early too but they didn't...they took a dt, a safety, and also a corner...

jets took erik ainge
redskins just took brennan
i took josh johnson got drafted by somebody
minny took john david booty
dennis dixon got drafted

i didn't see andre woodson's name come up...too many namesto keep up...if he didn't get drafted, hope the bears will take him...

tommy z was drafted by the ravens, i wanted him for the bears...
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #32
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Bears have the #208 pick and Woodsen is available. Please draft him!!!
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #33
ILLEFEX

DWADE, you called it man.....MARCUS MONK!!! usually its kinda hard for us fans to predict whats gonna happen next and who we want the bears to grab cause another team could grab them before we do.....after reading dwade's comment on the 1st page about grabbing marcus monk, i just thought this monk guy would be like a 2nd to 3rd rd talent, but to see the bears get this guy in the 7th, i hope he turns out to be marques colston......

another player that i don't know much about, but im hoping would actually contribute a lot is their 4th rd pick, CRAIG STELTZ, safety from LSU......i am a bit excited cause i know our secondary has been a lil weak especially when mike brown is out and who knows what mike brown's status will be for next season and his health for the next couple years......if it was tommy z then i wouldn't even question it cause i know the kid........

i am also a bit surprise that they didn't grab a qb, but i kinda somewhat understand their strategy since they don't have any intention of giving a rookie qb a chance to start in the first place.....most likely, they're gonna give orton a chance to start (and he should) and grossman to backup and just a veteran qb in case in don't work out for both.....my opinion, i don't think they wanna grab a qb in the later rounds just for the hell of drafting a qb and make him the 3rd string.........or not draft a qb and focus more on orton and grossman and if both don't work out, focus on getting a qb next year in the 1st or early rounds to be their future.......

we don't exactly know what we got on orton......
just like cleveland, they drafted brady quinn last year as their future qb, who knew that derek anderson was gonna have a pro-bowl season and now cleveland don't know who to start........its actually a good problem to have....

we'll see what happens........
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #34
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Hey everyone hows it going? Been busy with work and school. Aint all that caught up on the bears and I missed the NFL draft. Just wanted to know who the bears selected and what position is he playing?
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #35
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

we drafted chris williams, should be a instant starter and move john tait back to his natural position at rtackle

matt forte? i dunno the kid, wasn't really happy with this one cuz this draft was stacked with rb's, we coulda waited and grabed another oLineman or a wr like limas sweed, malcolm kelly, ray rice was available, but this is angelos character guy, someone he won't have to pay mula bucks in the future, terrible pick i think, we should have grabbed limas sweed.

3rd round, we grabbed that wideout from vandy chris williams teamate, i dunno anything about him, they say he's like hines ward... but i highly doubt it, than we garbbed steltz, i saw alot of lsu games, he didn't really stand out, besides that fact that he was the only white boy with long hair runnin around the field everywhere, but he is a sure tackler and doesn't make too many mistakes.

then we grabbed a bunch of other kids i don't really know about.

THAN THERES MARCUS MONK! if you look in my earlier posts i talked about him being available around the 5th round, he is most definitely the best pick in our entire draft, he is the last guy we drafted in the 7th round, what a great great value pick with a capital V! i dunno about colston... haha i wish! but i believe he can be a marcus robinson type of player, he was injured half the season and is coming off of two minor knee surgerys and he went to arkansas where they run on every play with the likes of darren mcfadden felix jones and that one senior rb that also got drafted i believe to denver so he didn't get much oppurtunity with them, he is also one hell of a bball player also and i love bball football players good athlete very long, they asked him who his favorite football player was, and he answered jerry rice cuz he's smart and soft hands, you gotta love a young kid saying that, what a great pick up by our bears, i am really happy about this one.

all in all i give angelo and his staff a B-, i woulda gave em a C-, but with marcus monk that shoots em up a full grade. we shoulda got limas sweed or malcolm kelly and grabbed a rb like patrick allen in the 4-5th round... oh well

notable teams which i think had EXCELLENT DRAFTS

1. Washington Redskins- Colt Brennan! WOW! they got the time, money, and patience to groom him into a franchise QB, Watch OUT! could be the tom brady of this years draft! Devin Thomas! Malcolm Kelly!?! WOWWWWW!

2. Steelers- Rashard Mendenhall for the 24th pick? WOW! what a steal! Limas sweed 56th pick? WOWSERS! BIGGER STEAL!

3. Ravens- Flacco i never seen him play, but the scouts love him, Ray rice! Tom zbikowski, allen patrick! thats a good looking team right there!

4. Panthers- jonathon stewart, otah, dan conner, thats SOLID!

notables, Dallas, NYG, NE

and about our QB situation, i noticed NYG grabbed woodson! NYG must love there kentucky QB's! haha but i would love to trade next years 5th rounder for jared lorenzen the ginormous fleet footed QB! he's real good! i liked him at kentucky much better than woodson
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
ILLEFEX

hope they all can contribute...........i know they drafted another linebacker too........thats added to a pile of backup linebackers that we got already, michael okwo, jamaar williams, rod wilson..............

i'm just wondering if anybody know the top qb's for next years draft, or the top college football qb's this fall that might be heading to the nfl aside from tim tebow.........since a lot of team drafted qb's this year, the bears have a chance on landing one of the top qb's next year...........
Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #37
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Most critics and ranks gave the Bears a B and I agree with them. The Bears adressed all their needs and 4-5 of the picks could be pretty good imediate starters. As for QB they didn't draft one, but signed two in free agency. The QB situation couldn't get much worse than last season anyway. Who knows, maybe someone will surprise us in a good way.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #38
ILLEFEX

we all know they didn't draft a qb and think a lot of people in chicago are pissed about that.....maybe we're pissed because all we think about is how inconsistent rex grossman is......but, we're not considering how good orton can be if given a chance.......aside from his rookie year when he won i think 10 games, it was the defense that carried him......i think the bears are just waiting and see how kyle orton will turn out.........i don't think they wanted to settle for a qb picked in the late rounds and projected to be a backup.....i think the bears are actually thinking that if orton won't pan out and rex still bad, then maybe grab a qb next year in the 1st or 2nd rounds to be the future..............

i think i would rather do that, give orton a chance cause he deserve it........

so benson better step it up cause he's got competition.........
Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #39
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: O.T. Bears Draft

Nobody mentioned Kellen Davis, the TE from Michigan State. He is a big-time playmaker, and was up there with Travis Beckum and Dustin Keller this season in the Big Ten. Very athletic and an underrated blocker as well. I think he could come in and have a good season playing next to Greg Olsen.

I thought the second day of the draft was a whole lot better than the first day. Almost everyone taken has injury issues, but Marcus Harrison should have gone in the second round. Monk, who you guys mentioned earlier, also should have gone in round 2 or 3. Steltz is a gamer, simple as that. He should thrive in the Bears defense, which seems to make everyone better.

I am surprised they didn't draft a QB, but they signed Caleb Hanie from Colorado State and Nick Hill from Southern Illinois. I heard Mel Kiper raving about Hanie on ESPN this morning, how he has a big arm and would have been drafted had he gone to a more prominent school. The Bears had just better hope that Brian Brohm and Chad Henne don't blossom into superstars while Grossman and Orton do nothing, or this draft will turn out as one of their all-time worst.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #40
DwadeOverLebron

yeah everybodys bummed out we didn't draft a QB! LOL

Except me! i didn't see any potential franchise QB's besides COLT BRENNAN! i can't wait to see how he pans out at washington, i wasn't high on matt ryan, altho i was pretty high on brian brohm, and i liked what dennis dixon did, and josh johnson is intriguing, and joe flacco looks impressive in his highlights even tho i never seen him play, there isn't a qb that stuck out to me watchin real games besides colt brennan and yall can say what you want about that rose bowl game, but lets face it, georgia was arguably the hottest team in the nation at that point, and hawaiis oline was gettin eatin alive and didn't give colt anytime or lanes to throw to

with that being said tho i really don't think the bears are in dying need of a QB, i think grossman and orton are adequete enough, we are coming off a golden age of qbs (elway, marino, young, favre, montana, etc.) and we were spoiled in thinken every team should have a qb, there are only 2-3 possibly superstar qbs rothlisberger i believe will be put in this group also after this year, and yall know who the other two are. remember grossman 06? he had a great line then, and with chris williams and john tait movin back to rtackle, i believe grossman can have a similar season in 08.

do you guys actually think there were any qb's besides colt brennan better than grossman or orton? NOWAY! i think it was a good decision by angelo to not panic and draft a qb for the sake of drafting one, i dunno how chad henne will do, but i can garauntee that he won't be a superstar franchise qb, and that he will not be more successfull than rex if he was on the bears. plus we got my man monk!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #41
DwadeOverLebron

oh yeah let me add also there isn't really intriguing qb's this comin year in college also, they list that one qb from georgia but i dunno about him, he didn't wow me yet, actually the only college player that im gettin geeked for is knowshon moreno rb from georgia, but hey its college football, a kid can come out of no where then...
Old 08-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #42
DwadeOverLebron

what did i tell yall about colt brennan!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #43
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
The Bears have 11 picks all together;1st rd pick at #14, 2nd rd pick at #44, two 3rd round picks #70 and #90, 4th rd #110, 5th rd #142, 6th rd #175, and four 7th rd picks which include picks #222, #243, #247 and #248.

With the first pick I'd expect them to get an Offensive tackle, with their second pick they could go for a quarter back either staying with that pick or trading up, although I've heard they could select a WR with that pick or wait until the third round to do so. I wouldn't mind seeing them select the best possible running back at 70 and another offensive player as well at 90. At 110 you can still get a solid offensive player. With the 5th rd pick I'd use it on the best possible safety. The rest of the picks I don't know what I'd do with them.

It's obvious that the Bears should really focus on offense when draft day comes and maybe select a few defensive players with their 7th rd picks.

It's around football season. What do you say at the start of the NFL season sticky a Bears thread on this board?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #44
DwadeOverLebron

BEARS preseason tonight!!!!!!! and im predicting it... MARCUS MONK is gonna stick out and watch him become the #1 wr for the bears by week 12, and be this years colston, you heard it from me first!!!!!!!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: