Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Deandre Jordan what's his upside ?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/photos...photo_55445 9

21 years old , 250 lbs at 6' 11"

At this tendor age , is he the new Bynum in LA or does he have something
that most ISH posters don't know ?

What's your take on him ?

Last edited by Jasper : 03-30-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Deandre Jordan what's his upside ?

I feel like every time i watch him, he seems to be playing with oil on his hands. I don't know if they're small, or what, but he seems to lose the ball a lot. I was kind of wondering what people expect out of him as well.
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He is a fouling machine and a turnover machine. His fouls are down in the last 10 games or so, but he has had a huge opportunity to get some serious PT but has not capitalized on it. He is very raw still. He is an athletic beast, but he just does not have the fundamentals. He is also one of the worst free throw shooters I have ever seen. But the guy can jump, he can finish and he can deter shots. He just needs to learn a to hold his ground a bit better, not bite on fakes, and just improve overall footwork. The guy has a gifted body, but he still has a ton of work to put in to becoming a legitimate rotational player..
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the Clips potentially looking for a new coach 2010/11 season -

what coach and / or assistant coach do you think could help him ?

{As we both know most big men slowly learn skills and moves to be effective in the NBA.

Hell he still might be growing , he is only 21. }
Old 04-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

He can be a major factor in this league if we learned to stop fouling & turning the ball over.

He's not going to be a defensive stalwart or a 20 PPG scorer... best comparison I can make is a rookie Emeka Okafor: 15 PPG, 11 REB, 1.7 BLK.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
With the Clips potentially looking for a new coach 2010/11 season -

what coach and / or assistant coach do you think could help him ?

{As we both know most big men slowly learn skills and moves to be effective in the NBA.

Hell he still might be growing , he is only 21. }

Avery Johnson, Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott maybe? Van Gundy has worked with a number of great bigs over the years. I think he can help mold the kid.

Clipps are very bad defensively, maybe a guy like Avery could help them. The one thing I learned about the CLipps is that no matter how far they are up, there is always a chance for the other team.

Probably it might be smart to get a special assistant like Ewing, Kareem, and Deke has done for other teams. Griffin is going to be a rook and it would be very beneficial for the youthful bigs to get some proper mentoring.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think he needs some real playing time over an extended period of time before we can say anything, at times he has looked really good and at times he has looked awful, but once he gets a good amount of time on a regular basis then we can judge
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

I think Avery J. would be a good fit here.
Baron D. would need leadership and with his age , I think he would work well with Avery , If Avery dial's it back alittle bit ' as in control freak he was in Dallas'

Ewing might help as well when it comes to Deandre , but to get Ewing to coach on the west coast might be another story.

Where is Jack Sikma ? (I knew he was coaching for awhile)
Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i think he needs some real playing time over an extended period of time before we can say anything, at times he has looked really good and at times he has looked awful, but once he gets a good amount of time on a regular basis then we can judge

He has been given a decent chance but foul trouble and getting out performed by the other bigs has kept his minutes low. But I think he has great potential. He is very young and you cannot teach length and athleticism. He is going to need to keep his fouls to a minimal to get big minutes. Work on those free throws too. He has a great a opportunity next season if he works hard on his game in the off season.

Yea, Sikma would be a nice mentor. Teach him some footwork and post moves. Last I read was he was an assistant for the rockets a few years back to help Yao. Not sure what he currently is doing.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I see him as a Chandler type player. A few block, nice rebounding, but mostly dunks off of guard passing. Most favorably like in the good couple of seasons that Chandler had with CP3.

Last edited by ZeN : 04-02-2010 at 06:08 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #11
eemas91

I went to the game today and after he dropped/fumbled the first couple passes thrown to him, I guess he decided to play and actually did alright. Does he have tiny hands or something cause he honestly cannot hold on to the ball..
Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemas91
I went to the game today and after he dropped/fumbled the first couple passes thrown to him, I guess he decided to play and actually did alright. Does he have tiny hands or something cause he honestly cannot hold on to the ball..

no clue, perhaps a lack of coordination? But honestly, whenever I see a player shovel pass him a ball near the rim, he doesn't catch it clean. Also, players gotta realize who they are passing it to. Unless its going above the rim or the ball is going high, he really has a difficult time gathering the ball

But he hasnt played all that bad the last 10 or so games. Probably one of his best stretches as a clipp this year. His fouls are down and he is able to stay out there and crash the boards and get a few dunks in. He really could be something if he works on his game this offseason. I like the kid, but he has the kwame brown syndrome (fumbleitis)
Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
eemas91

HOLY SHIT. He was 2-2 from the free throw line against the Lakers. I don't know whether to be happy for him, or scared that the end of the world is coming soon..
Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far

He sucks on 2k10. I traded him for Chris Hunter.
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: