Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool
Default Artest to the Clippers back on?

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Clippers continued to pursue a trade for an impact player, discussing a potential deal for Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings, a high-ranking Clippers source said after the game.

Apparently, Artest, whom the Clippers tried to acquire last season from the Indiana Pacers, is eager to leave the Kings, and the Clippers want to send Corey Maggette to Sacramento for the versatile player. A Clippers official spoke with the Kings on Friday, and talks are expected to continue today

- LA Times

I guess it would be Artest for Maggette + a pick...

For the Clippers it would be nice...
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PG- Cassel/ Livingston
sg- Mobley
sf- Artest?/TT/koralev
pf- Brand
C- Kaman

damn..........
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
PG- Cassel/ Livingston
sg- Mobley
sf- Artest?/TT/koralev
pf- Brand
C- Kaman

damn..........

Most likely

Livingston/Cassell
Mobley
Artest/Ross
Brand
Kaman

If Artest comes in ready to play rather than "I'm in LA so lets work on my album" mode this will be a scary good defensive team. On offense though they've got 4 guys whose main thing is posting up. Maybe it can work ala the Pacers awhile back with Artest/JO this time Artest/Brand. Maybe. Clippers are floundering right now so maybe Artest is the kick in ass to get them to play good basketball again.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

i hope artest does leave the kings. bibby needs to leave to. he's played too long here and really actually thinks he is a good leader. i don't think so. he isnt 10% the leader webber was. and about just as bad as peja. artest and bibby are both not getting along and struggling. artest is tryin to avoid playing games. they both need to leave sac, incliuding miller. i hope bibyb leaves and gets his game back to possibly help 1 of many teams he can make a contender, same with artest. kings need to rebuild and this time, bring/draft in big guys. stupid ass petrie likes small people. what a retard.

miller makes me hate the center position because its obvious that any overgrown retard who learns a few tricks can make the nba. dont even need to learn to shoot free throws. and if u are weak like the white man miller is, noone will even require u to rebound or play d. lmfao @ this position.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Kings would be retarded to trade Artest to the clippers. Trade him for an injury prone one dimensional 2nd rate semi star that only knows how to lose? Trade him to a team in your division so he rapes you 4 times a year? NO. Trade him to the eastern conference, maybe to NY or something.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why are Kings fan eager to give up on Artest already, until he officially declares he wants to be traded, why even speculate?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Why are Kings fan eager to give up on Artest already, until he officially declares he wants to be traded, why even speculate?

Exactly. And if you're going to trade him, send the guy to the eastern conference. But he hasn't hinted in public that he wants a trade. In fact there was a Bee article where some of the things he said could point to the exact opposite.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #8
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

That's fine by me.

Trade scenario:

Atlanta gets

Ron Artest
Jason Hart

Sacramento gets

Josh Childress
Esteban Batista (filler and expirer)
No. 1 pick (Indiana's pick via the Harrington deal)
Trade exception
Salary cap relief

The Hawks get another All-Star at the wings, to go with Joe Johnson, as well as some help at point guard.

The Kings get a young wing player and a no. 1 pick, as well as a trade exception and salary cap relief.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: