Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far
Default Randolph shout out!!

If you were the GM what would you do with the roster with the upcoming trade deadline or the post season. Specifically what would you do with Zack Randolph? There are some very good free agents out there right now....what would you do?

I would trade Zack for Paul Pierce or Cory Maggette.

Magloire would be offered for Pau Gasol

My new lineup would become:

PG: Sergio
SG: Roy
SF: Pierce/Maggette
PG: Aldridge (sharing with Outlaw)
C: Pryz/Gasol

Now we got 3 VERY good scoring threats (no more "double Randolph and stall the offense") plus some outstanding defenders and still really young!!!

Last edited by adrenalize : 01-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

no way that would happen, it would be nice to patch up or center problems by trading zack and jamal for pual. then aldrige can get more playing time at the 4.
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
P-Forty21

why would you want to trade ur leading scorer and rebounder?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
JMEWLS

Rach, is probably the most valuable player in your team along with brandon roy. I dun think its time to give up on randolph yet. Unless maybe getting a star like pierce.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far

Are you kidding me!!?? You gotta ask yourself WHY is he out leading rebounder and scorer. He get the ball on everypossion! He shoots no matter what his position! He is black hole on offense that everyone else just stands around and waits for him to shoot. Granted he does score about 50% of the time, but against teams that double and triple team him constantly, he becomes ineffective and CANT pass out to the open man. This team would be MUCH better off if we had someone who played WITH his teamates and could spread the ball around to the other scorers.
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Randolph shout out!!

You're An Idiot

You have the perfect situation with this team and Zach

You can play a slow tempo game with Jarrett running the point and keep Zach on the floor. Then you can bring in Sergio to up the tempo and you can keep Zach in if you're getting killed on the boards or you can bring in LaMarcus to get some low post defense...a little offense and some boards while maintaining the high tempo.

If you trade for Gasol...Portland would get a lesser rebounder...a jump shooter at the 4 (which Coach Nate hates from his PFs) and a lazy guy on D (@ least Zach TRIES!)

Portland is a few years and one piece from being a top four team in the West. Mark my words

I'd go for the high pick this season then next season (when Magloire and Outlaws contracts are off the books) try to sign a big free agent (a lot of guys with take the mid-level exception to play on a team with this much young talent, specially with a great future superstar like B.Roy and a great low post guy like Zach.

Or trade next seasons 1st round pick for a proven guy as either a third option or the second option on offense (some one like a Vince Carter or AK-47...you get the idea) I believe within 2 seasons, B. Roy will be able to be Portland's main scoring threat.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Randolph shout out!!

lol.. joker... Z-Bo is staying i think... the Blazers need to stabalize and find out the strengths of their payers before they make any trades... make use of the next draft (very strong) and rebuild in the offseason and hopefully make the playoffs next season...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: