Page 63 of 153 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

I gotta say, this one caught me off-guard. I thought Semrau would be the one to leave (and he still may).

From everything I knew, he loved being at Illinois and was popular on the team. He remained friends with Jamar after the accident, and his blessing was one of the things that allowed Jamar to return.

I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about him. I had high hopes for him coming in, but it's clear now that Mike Tisdale is the center of the future for Illinois. Even if the accident hadn't happened, that was likely the case. Brian had his work cut out to get minutes at any point in his Illinois career at this point. I'll cheer for him no matter where he ends up.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Seems like Bruce and Demitri aren't getting along. This concerns me as Bruce likes to go public with his frustrations.

That's not exactly new, though.

No it's not, but still worries me.

It worried me earlier in the year, that Bruce was being stubborn and not getting through to Demetri as well as he could. Wouldn't be the first time. It's clearer now that McCamey needed Bruce to kick his ass, because he's starting to get it. Defensively he has a ways to go, but I think part of that is that he still needs to lose about 10 pounds to get a little bit quicker.

If he even thought about transferring, I'm betting his mom would swiftly convince him otherwise because she's told Weber to stay on him, to not let him slack off.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

How about some good news for a change?

"I honestly think Mendenhall is one of the elite players in this draft, one of the 10 best," said one AFC personnel man. "He's a sleeping giant. People are just now getting more familiar with him, because he's a junior and we didn't know all that much about him. But he's big, has great feet, and really runs well. He may be one of the top five, six or seven players in this draft, and it wouldn't surprise me if some team picking in the 20s gives up a fortune to come up and get him."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....sunday/1.html

Of course, we all already knew that.

Go Shard!!!!

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I would not mind if the Bears snatched him up. He'd be a good compliment to Benson. He's like a Westbrook from what most say.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I would not mind if the Bears snatched him up. He'd be a good compliment to Benson. He's like a Westbrook from what most say.
    Like Westbrook? I don't know about that. He's a good pass catcher out of the backfield, but the similarities pretty much end there. He's a lot bigger and stronger than Westbrook but he's probably not quite as fast. He will also run inside a lot more than Westbrook ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    He'd be a good replacement for Benson.

Hey, we beat Iowa! And this fell off the first page so I felt the need to comment.

I just can't figure out if Mike Davis is turning into a stud, or if he's going to be a career-long tease. I can't shake the feeling that it's the latter.

At this point, if he just ends up as good as James Augustine, I'd be happy.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if he ended up being as good as James Augustine. Let's not forget that the dude is currently earning an NBA paycheck, is the all-time leading rebounder in school history, was a four-year starter on three very good teams and three great ones, and was first-team All-Big Ten as a senior.

So I think it's a bit of an understatement to say you'd be happy if he ended up being as good as James Augustine.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

So what are the odds we run the table in the Big Ten tourney and get the automatic bid in the Big Dance?