Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phoenix and Bledsoe 'Not close' to a deal. Is Bledsoe worth a max?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...t-negotiations

All-star caliber 2-way guard. Reminds me of Kyle Lowry. Just a 24 y/o.

Even with the injury problems, I'd offer 4/$60 million with maybe a team option. I read somewhere Phoenix offered just $11 million. It's looking like he'll be a UFA next season.

Default Re: Phoenix and Bledsoe 'Not close' to a deal. Is Bledsoe worth a max?

Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 07-17-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Teams are unwilling to give him an offer since PHX will match anything...
    We might even resign him for less than the max because of this.

Worth the max ?

No, he isn't worth it. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gave it to him, though.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Worth the max ?

No, he isn't worth it. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gave it to him, though.
    Meh, that was what was being said right at the end of last season. The longer FA drags on without an offer, the lower your value becomes both by your personal market 'cooling down' with time and other teams' capspace being used on other players, decreasing the amount of suitors with max-offer capability. As mentioned above, he'll probably get the Lowry deal which is pretty fair for both sides.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i would guess that PHX covets dragic over bledsoe, so maybe theyre hesitant to give him the max, because they want to re-sign dragic long term after next season

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Not worth a max at all.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Not worth a max at all.
    This, but damn...the Rockets with Bledsoe would be so sick. Morey could salvage this summer if he can find a way to get that done.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

No team is gonna give him the max this season, so phoenix wont offer the max or have to match. So it's either he'll take the qualifying offer for this season or they meet in between and he signs for ~$11-12 million/season.

If Lowry can get a much lower deal than the max, then no, Bledsoe should not expect the max at all....

Golden State Aster*sks

This is Goran's team.

Goran will get the max, not Bledsoe.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I wish the Lakers would have offered before getting Lin. If Phoenix match, then you can still get the Lin deal but why not try?

I know people will play the "Lakers got a draft pick out of it though" card but Bledsoe could have been a game changer instantly and in the future given his age.

Decent college freshman

Bledsoe can't shoot the 3 or run an offense like Lowry, but he's more explosive going to the hole and in transition. Best defensive PG in the league by a mile. New Orleans is still so dumb for not demanding him in a Paul trade.

Phoenix is doing the same thing Detroit is with Monroe. Wait to see if he gets a max offer, them match it. If not, use the leverage you have to get him signed for 11-13 per year.

Philly should swoop in and sign him. Terrible fit with MCW, but work that out later. That D would be sick in the near future with Bledose, NOel and Embiid.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    I wish the Lakers would have offered before getting Lin. If Phoenix match, then you can still get the Lin deal but why not try?

I know people will play the "Lakers got a draft pick out of it though" card but Bledsoe could have been a game changer instantly and in the future given his age.
    this

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K

i was hoping the lakers would have put in an offer earlier this free agency, as well. if phx matched, good for them. it would have put them in a difficult situation next season when re-signing dragic. and LA could have gone after goran next year.