Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: The Lakers keep gettin better and we get worse..WTF!!

They draft players that are stepping up (Farmar, Turiaf), they sign offseason players (Fisher), and they trade the wasted talent of Brown for Gasol, but hey we pay Mobley over 8 million a year for 13ppg and the lakers pay 8 million for, Bynum, Fisher, Farmar, Turiaf put together. Keep up the good draft picks Clipps.

Dont like the Lakers but they know what they are doing and what they want to do and thats win a championship.

Sterlings happy to make the playoffs once every 10 years
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
StealthNoob
Lakers Parade Woot!

StealthNoob has decent reputationStealthNoob has decent reputation
Default Re: The Lakers keep gettin better and we get worse..WTF!!

guess lakers have better gm then u guys
StealthNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Pray for Sterling to die in his sleep.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Clippers will be solid if Sterling stops messing with the system.

He needs to have thrust in Dunlevey. I love C.Mag as much as the next clipper fan, but he is a defencive liability. Donald needs to stop acting like he is a franchise player.. and saying things like: "I want Mag to be a Clipper for life.." Umm last time I checked Corey is not a star player that should be deemed untradeable.

And while the clips look horrendous right now, the near future will be better.

1. Elton Brand will likely resign because he has loyalty and can get paid well.

2. If Livingston returns in decent shape, he can turn into a possible starter at the point.. of course that one is up to time, to be proven.

3. Al Thor is showing massive potential and can be the player that C.Mag has only flirted with being. A solid slashing small forward, but with defence and a decent jump shot.

4. Kaman will continue to be a monster in the middle.

5. Powell seems like he is playing decent lately.. new career high today against the knicks

6. High draft pick this season can deliver a potentially wonderful player

and other stuff that is getting loss in the horrible state that the clips are in this season because of injuries..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol how come clipper fans haven't responded yet?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cause it been purty much dead in here this season...

The only dedicated one is QRich but there is only so much he can do in here by himself... He would make a gamecast and not a single person would post... theres loyalty, and i guess there is also waistin' time..

I mean, I understand your team may be loosing, but there is much to be said about loyalty. And no one who was here two years ago when they were winning, are here now...

Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Because I can care less about the Lakers. I still do not think they are going to win a champuionship.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Cause it been purty much dead in here this season...

The only dedicated one is QRich but there is only so much he can do in here by himself... He would make a gamecast and not a single person would post... theres loyalty, and i guess there is also waistin' time..

I mean, I understand your team may be loosing, but there is much to be said about loyalty. And no one who was here two years ago when they were winning, are here now...

That is not true, others have drifted off to other forums because lack of conversation and the constanat flaming from other fans. I'm not directing that towards yourself but you are plenty aware of what I'm talking about.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
Because I can care less about the Lakers. I still do not think they are going to win a champuionship.

Nobody was talking about the Lakers dominance, they were talking about your franchises future.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
That is not true, others have drifted off to other forums because lack of conversation and the constanat flaming from other fans. I'm not directing that towards yourself but you are plenty aware of what I'm talking about.

So your telling me that if someone flames you in your forum because of your teams poor play, your responce is to leave?

Also, you say its not true, and then you state that they HAVE move to other forums .... I did not mean that they are not here on ISH... I mean in this specific clippers location....

And indeed I know for a fact what you speak of because yes I too have attempted to post on here, but it is, as you say difficult to post when, when your the only one doing it. Example: QRich

But in my personal opinion, I think there is still much to elaborate about with the clipps. You have the mini sterling dunlevey gripping. You have the uprising of Kaman. You have a solid player in C.Mag. And Al. T. has been progressing nicely.. so much so, that I believe he will be a big time player in a couple years...

It just sucks when there is no one to counter back, on the good points...

Last edited by ZeN : 02-06-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #11
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

I don't feel its a lack of loyalty but it just gets extremely frustrating when you want your team to win and do well more then the owner and the GM. This season is a total loss and I'm fine with that, I just hope we can take advantage of this. No more draft picks, no more long term rebuilding, trade the pick and players and get some talent NOW!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
So your telling me that if someone flames you in your forum because of your teams poor play, your responce is to leave?

Also, you say its not true, and then you state that they HAVE move to other forums .... I did not mean that they are not here on ISH... I mean in this specific clippers location....

And indeed I know for a fact what you speak of because yes I too have attempted to post on here, but it is, as you say difficult to post when, when your the only one doing it. Example: QRich

But in my personal opinion, I think there is still much to elaborate about with the clipps. You have the mini sterling dunlevey gripping. You have the uprising of Kaman. You have a solid player in C.Mag. And Al. T. has been progressing nicely.. so much so, that I believe he will be a big time player in a couple years...

It just sucks when there is no one to counter back, on the good points...
I have always been here and I will always post in this forum. At one point it was only about three to four members posting here. I'm active on two other forums and I recall other members complain about certain individuals who flame and troll on this forum which is why they go to other forums to post. I do not agree with that but that is their decision. I know who comes in here to discuss and those who come in here to troll. I have respect for you and a few other Laker fans that come in here and post respectfully.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Adiedanny, ill give you that, you are one of the few Clipper fans that are always posting and making good conversation about the clips. My lil' ranting is more about those who became non existant. At least you come around and post some legit commentary here.

And also watching a big quantity of the clippers games this year has proven to be quite frustrating, as another poster mentioned.

But I guess all we can do is stick with em' and hope for the best..
Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT: The Lakers keep gettin better and we get worse..WTF!!

Bynum, Farmar and Turiaf are all on rookie deals, so to compare there contracts to Mobley is just retarded . Mobley has been the one player who has been consistent and giving it all this year, if he's not feeling it, he takes it to the hoop or passes up shots and let's not forget the big impact he had in our run two years ago.

On top of that, let's look at who's injured for us this year:
Elton Brand(No Games Played Yet), Shaun Livingston(No Games Played Yet), Corey Maggette(9 Missed Games), Chris Kaman(5 Missed Games), Tim Thomas(5 Missed Games), Sam Cassell(12 Games Missed), Cuttino Mobley(5 Games Missed), Al Thornton(5 Games Missed), Brevin Knight(3 Games Missed) and those are just our key players. Add on Paul Davis(23+ Missed Games), Josh Powell(17 Missed Games), Aaron Williams(26 Missed Games), Dan Dickau(12 Missed Games)

Add all those together and you have a total of 212 missed games by our players. No crap if you have those many problems, your team isn't going to win. Your pushing the panic button way too soon. Calm down, wait for the trade deadline, Clippers will make a move to benefit our future, and then, when the offseason rolls around, deals WILL be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNoob
guess lakers have better gm then u guys

No, they just have been healthy this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

It's an Off-Topic thread, plus, I still don't think you guys will go all the way.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #15
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Default Re: OT: The Lakers keep gettin better and we get worse..WTF!!

Yea I know that Turiaf, Bynum, Farmar are on rookie contracts, but the point is look at there rookies contract and look at ours!!! (We have none). Their rookies are all better then Mobley. Mobley is not worth his pay. Take a look at others makin 8 million a year.. Pay him 5 or 6 but not 8,9 million.

Lakers do have a better GM. Its not because they are healthy that they are doing good. Look at their draft picks, look at the trades they are making.

Clippers will make a trade but i can see them trading Maggette for a cheap bench player, then drafting a lottery pick who will last 3 years and then play overseas..I cant wait..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: