Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Draft

Who would ya'll draft in the draft and why?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Draft

I think that The Hawks will take Al Horford with the number 3 pick and I was watching First Take on ESPN2 and they were saying that Acie Law was suppose to have a workout with the Hornets today and cancelled it and might be an indication that the Hawks are going to take Acie Law with the 11 pick. You heard it first Al Horford and Acie Law will be the new Hawks for 2007-2008.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Theirs a rumor on yahoo sports that Billy Knight could trade the 11 pick to the Sonics for Luke Ridnor. Then a another rumor that the Pacers could send down Jermaine O'Neal for Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton and the 11 pick. Then another rumor that the Sixers will trade Andre Miller, and the 12 pick to Atlanta for the 3 pick. This is getting crazy leading up to Thursday. Everybody and they mama got a offer. The heres another another I just found. The latest rumor floating around has Josh Smith and this year's No. 3 pick (Mike Conley Jr.) going to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack and next year's No. 1 pick.Jack has Atlanta ties, Aldridge is primed to be a beast in the middle and Smith showed signs of immaturity and locker room disruption last season. It appears that the Blazers are exploring any opportunity they can to pair Conley with Greg Oden, but you have to think the chances of this deal going down are slim. Then again, it will also be interesting to see how Smith responds to having his name thrown around in trade rumors.Source: Oregonian

Last edited by idizzle : 06-26-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Theirs a rumor on yahoo sports that Billy Knight could trade the 11 pick to the Sonics for Luke Ridnor. Then a another rumor that the Pacers could send down Jermaine O'Neal for Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton and the 11 pick. Then another rumor that the Sixers will trade Andre Miller, and the 12 pick to Atlanta for the 3 pick. This is getting crazy leading up to Thursday. Everybody and they mama got a offer. The heres another another I just found. The latest rumor floating around has Josh Smith and this year's No. 3 pick (Mike Conley Jr.) going to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack and next year's No. 1 pick.Jack has Atlanta ties, Aldridge is primed to be a beast in the middle and Smith showed signs of immaturity and locker room disruption last season. It appears that the Blazers are exploring any opportunity they can to pair Conley with Greg Oden, but you have to think the chances of this deal going down are slim. Then again, it will also be interesting to see how Smith responds to having his name thrown around in trade rumors.Source: Oregonian
If the Hawks trade Josh Smith I will not watch more than 10 games this year.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

This was something I was thinking about when Amare Stoudermire first got drafted he played power forward up until the Suns signed Steve Nash. Hoford is the same height anfd weight as Amare and he plays F/C. I think he would be a good NBA center.

PG- By draft or free agnecy
SG-Johnson
SF-M.Willaims
PF-Smith
C-Horford
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

We got Al Horford. Hot damn.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Who likes that pick? I wouldve liked Conely but Horford is awesome.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Hawks are gonna regret not drafting the most talented PG for years to come (Mike Colony Jr)... instead picking up another Shelden Williams type player...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I love how the draft turned out for the Atlanta Hawks. They got a very NBA ready and talented power forward in Al Horford. The man is a beast on the defensive end and his offensive game is improving very quickly every year. Then they get Acie Law IV with the #11 pick. This guy can flat out score. He is very clutch down the stretch. He will definetly help out at the point guard position. I cannot wait to see a lineup of:

PG: Acie Law IV
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Al Horford
C: Shelden Williams or Zaza Pachulia
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #10
hawks4life
I airball my layups

hawks4life has an OK reputation so far

why not put horford at center? if im not mistaken, which i may be, horford is slightly bigger than shelden, won't really make a difference but you think shelden will do better at the C than horford?
hawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #11
t-mac#1
I hit open layups

t-mac#1 has an OK reputation so far

the only reason they will play sheldon williams is to justify his draft spot.
t-mac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: