Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 10-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Seriously, Dorell Wright has some big time potential...

I was at the Heat open intrasquad scrimmage this evening (10/7/06) at the AAA ( a season ticket holder lil' gig)..And he was just all around impressive. Displayed an array of crafty moves, whether it was going baseline, or pulling up and stroking some long jumpers at the top of the key, or making plays in the open court.

Dude has a quick first step, VERY similar to Dwyane too.

Riley's already stated that he's looking to throw him out there too..And I honestly do not think he will not disappoint.

This could be his year to show he can be a valuable contributer. For all the talk of the "aging" roster, you throw this kid out there and he starts balling all those talks diminiish somewhat. Right now, after Posey, he's the next wing of the bench. And I think he ready. Kid's been on the bench, learning, growing(literally), soaking in all the knowledge of game for 2 years(watching deep post-season runs, and knowing & watching the intesity of those matchups firsthand).

I'd only question his defense to this point, because simply defense comes with experience. And obviously he's had none of that yet in that regard. But all and all it's going to come down to this years camp and this pre-season to determine his fate.

Wade and Wright could be one hell of a wing duo in the future...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 10-08-2006 at 10:40 AM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

i believe Wade will leave Heat after Shaq retire...anyway i think DW will be a great player
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

I think he'll play at the dead end of games or at the end of quarters to start the season off but once we get into the season he will maybe take over more minutes hopegully. I just don't see Riley using him when he has so many other vets that would whine, so right off the bat no, but later yes he will be used.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

He's pretty solid. It'd be beneficial for the Heat to get him some type of game time experience. May want to wait until next year though.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: