Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Paul Pierce couldn't stand D-Will?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Deron Williams was once an elite PG. Marvin Williams was never a great or even good player.
    True but nikkaz won't remember that in a decade they hardly remember cats like Mark Price who was greater than Dwill

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Pierce is a c*nt though. Who cares what he thinks?
    I'm a lifelong C's fan, and Pierce is a dick. He's just not a nice person to deal with.

I'm sure he's a good teammate though, his teammates in later years seem to love him. Earlier though, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    True but nikkaz won't remember that in a decade they hardly remember cats like Mark Price who was greater than Dwill
    Exactly. People will see Deron's resume and be miffed that he scored 57 once. He'll be viewed as a Michael Adams level player, a system player.

After all, Deron has been nothing without Jerry Sloan's system. Much like Carlos Boozer.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Pierce is a c*nt though. Who cares what he thinks?
    Players who have won with him. Also a "c*nt" - Jordan, Kobe, Bird, KG, etc. Keep standing up for Deron Williams though, he's got lots of players/coaches/front office guys who will back you up LOLOLOLOL

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Deron Williams was once an elite PG. Marvin Williams was never a great or even good player.
    I gotta he honest, even when he was good I thought he was overrated. Now? He's pathetic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I gotta he honest, even when he was good I thought he was overrated. Now? He's pathetic.
    Yeah, but you hate almost everything.

   

as a nets fan i'm not exactly thrilled with d-will, but most ppl seem pretty oblivious to some basic facts about the guy...

- he came in and averaged 20 and 10 in a completely new system his first year. say what you want about the guy, but he's obviously way more than just a system player.

- unfortunately, and worst of all, he developed recurring wrist and ankle problems roughly around the time of the trade. these have been nagging him almost his whole nets career, and if you follow sports, you should know that stuff of this nature can easily make a top player look all too average.

- for whatever reasons, avery johnson and kidd tended to play him off the ball. most likely due to the combination of personnel, but still... the team's best passer didn't have the ball nearly as much as he would in most places. go figure.

- his teammates and most nets writers consistently call him the most talented player on the team. okay obviously that's not enough by itself, and it just makes everything more frustrating, but hey... they don't just say that shit for no reason.

just keepin it real

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I mean didn't D-Will basically get Sloan to retire because the two couldn't get along?

Also I think I read at some point that Kidd didn't get along with D-Will either. The dude is a douche.
    The two are actually great friends off the court. Even go on vacations together.

Banned

How much of him not liking Williams comes down to him coming off playing with a guy like Rondo? Rondos one of the hardest working guards in the league and plays through everything and has a mentalitity to make everyone else better. Isn't scared to take responsibility for his actions either. Williams is a primadona who likes to blame everyone else and gives off the vibe he is happy being mediocre so long as he puts up stats.

NBA rookie of the year

If a person doesn't get along with another person, it doesn't automatically mean that the other person is the one with the issues.

He has a very very dry sense of humor. Full of dry sarcastic remarks too. I don't think I would like him either. But... Hey at least he does him.

I dont think anyone in the NBA has fallen off so fast. Only one who fell faster and harder is Gilbert Arenas. DWill was living off his god given talent during his youth and now that he is aging and getting injured, you see him for what he is. You see no fire, no passion, no leadership. The great players will refine their game and train harder as they age because thats whats necessary to play at a high level as you leave your prime.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I dont think anyone in the NBA has fallen off so fast. Only one who fell faster and harder is Gilbert Arenas. DWill was living off his god given talent during his youth and now that he is aging and getting injured, you see him for what he is. You see no fire, no passion, no leadership. The great players will refine their game and train harder as they age because thats whats necessary to play at a high level as you leave your prime.
    Its funny how fast ish forgets, when i first starting coming here maybe 09-10 cant remember exactly, it was pretty much an ish consensus that d-will was playing as good if not better than cp3. I remember turning on Jazz games and seeing Derron come out with spectacular ball control and crossovers and going up for hard dunks. I feel like hes just lost his athleticism. He was always very athletic for his build but in general not super athletic. However his size and combination of athleticism really did a number on team defenses. I can't help but feel like just a fraction of loss in his jumping ability/first-step/confidence was enough to shake his entire game into what it is today, erratic and without confidence, in other words his game was always sitting on a needle point.

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    Its funny how fast ish forgets, when i first starting coming here maybe 09-10 cant remember exactly, it was pretty much an ish consensus that d-will was playing as good if not better than cp3. I remember turning on Jazz games and seeing Derron come out with spectacular ball control and crossovers and going up for hard dunks. I feel like hes just lost his athleticism. He was always very athletic for his build but in general not super athletic. However his size and combination of athleticism really did a number on team defenses. I can't help but feel like just a fraction of loss in his jumping ability/first-step/confidence was enough to shake his entire game into what it is today, erratic and without confidence, in other words his game was always sitting on a needle point.
    He was a very complete point guard. Had range, can take you off the dribble, very good passer. It was CP3 and Deron and 1a and 1b in he pg rankings. As soon as he left Utah, he fell off hard. A lot due to injuries, but a lot due to his lack of hunger. He doesnt have the assertiveness he once had and he clearly lost a step. For a guy who thrived off his first step, thats huge.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Don't know why these million dollar grown men have to be such prima donnas. Just go in and do your job, which is playing basketball, why do you have to love the other coworkers? Fukk Pierce, always been a prima donna bish.