Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
       

Default Hey, ISH-- Whenever you get down in the dumps, what thing really cheers you up?

me? i just played a ray charles record, and realised how much i needed that.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Hey, ISH-- Whenever you get down in the dumps, what thing really cheers you up?

Haven't felt empty, aching depression (have yet to lose a loved one).

It's got to be uplifting, compassionate company (preferrably 5 or more dudes), a long walk in the woods, and then serious contemplation and remembrance of Death.

Music's only a bandage, brother. It's nice to hear someone express your sentiments in an echo like fashion, but it can't really cure the inner core.

The people around you should definitely reach out and pick people up undergoing times like these, though.

Banned

Default Re: Hey, ISH-- Whenever you get down in the dumps, what thing really cheers you up?

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Haven't felt empty, aching depression (have yet to lose a loved one).

It's got to be uplifting, compassionate company (preferrably 5 or more dudes), a long walk in the woods, and then serious contemplation and remembrance of Death.

Music's only a bandage, brother. It's nice to hear someone express your sentiments in an echo like fashion, but it can't really cure the inner core.

The people around you should definitely reach out and pick people up undergoing times like these, though.
    Exactly. This man is dropping truth. You must work to achieve true happiness and contentment. Relying on outside stimulus as a temporary bandage leads one down a never ending spiral of depression and self doubt. Break the cycle.

Replace your emptiness with wisdom.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 07-27-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I'm never down in the dumps. That comes from knowing since childbirth that I'm better than everyone else.

a[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]al sex

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Exactly. This man is dropping truth. You must work to achieve true happiness and contentment. Relying on outside stimulus as a temporary bandage leads one down a never ending spiral of depression and self doubt. Break the cycle.

Replace your emptiness with wisdom.
    One of the hardest habits to break is reliance on music and television. Let's be grateful to God; we weren't not moved to tears or rage when we went through our hip hop and rock stages in our youth.

Cat Stevens just cold-turkeyed it. Instantly.

If people want to be free in all aspects, they've got to struggle for their freedom.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    a[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]al sex
    Close, but no cigar.

How's about twirling one's daughter in a circle?

Banned

One of the hardest habits to break is reliance on music and television. Let's be grateful to God; we weren't not moved to tears or rage when we went through our hip hop and rock stages in our youth.

Cat Stevens just cold-turkeyed it. Instantly.

If people want to be free in all aspects, they've got to struggle for their freedom.
    Yusuf Islam is a musical hero of mine. One of the most gifted songwriters of his generation along with Jackson Browne. I believe him when he says he didn't know his money donated to Islamic organizations was being filtered down to Hamas and Hezbollah. I believe he is a peaceful Muslim man who wants peace on earth for all.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 07-27-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Thinking about the future is one thing...knowing that I still have my whole life ahead of me (hopefully) really helps me get out of a down mood and hype me up. Girl rejects you, you fail a test, your friend ****s you over, you don't get into the school you want....you feel shitty as hell. Stop and think about the future when you finish school, when you gonna start working and make money, potentially move away to a bigger and better place, meet a woman who loves you for who you are and is equally as beautiful, and have a kid with her. I get excited thinking about those kind of things.

Another thing that works 100% of the time is religion. If I'm ever feeling down and just can't get up, I go pray with my brothers at the mosque and then have a laugh with them over some coffee and cigs. That's classic Balkan right there, most of our people no matter if Muslim/Christian/Orthodox have coffee 3-4 times a day and cigs are always a must

   

oh shut your mouth, girl. music has a known effect upon mood.

at the same time, maybe you have a point. i.e., a brave man is willing to study his inner demons and let them slide off him like a boss-ninja.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

at the same time, maybe you have a point. i.e., a brave man is willing to study his inner demons and let them slide off him like a boss-ninja.
    Lashing out at people who try to help you and give you positive advice is not going to encourage people to give you more positive advice in the future.

This is a good book. You should read it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Mood is not part of one's inner core, so to speak. It's the temperament of the wind to the earth's magma, if we're using that analogy.

So you're touching base on skeletons in the closet, and an the Jungian concept of Shadow yeah?

What we do in our tradition is repent, repent, repent, repent, repent, and repent some more, investigating our pasts and wondering where did it all go wrong tackling the way we handled a past situation and then making a resolute will to change for the better. But in our traditions we humbly admit we need God's loving grace so we pray with utmost focus and devotion.

Other Modern day folks utilize Bioenergetics, where they lash out in a controlled environment and release expressed emotions to achieve a catharsis. I don't know what they do in Africa, China or India. TCM and Ayurvedic experts contribute...
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 07-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.

   

Mood is not part of one's inner core, so to speak. It's the temperament of the wind to the earth's magma, if we're using that analogy.

So you're touching base on skeletons in the closet, and an the Jungian concept of Shadow yeah?

What we do in our tradition is repent, repent, repent, repent, repent, and repent some more, investigating our pasts and wondering where did it all go wrong tackling the way we handled a past situation and then making a resolute will to change for the better. But in our traditions we humbly admit we need God's loving grace so we pray with utmost focus and devotion.

Other Modern day folks utilize Bioenergetics, where they lash out in a controlled environment and release expressed emotions to achieve a catharsis. I don't know what they do in Africa, China or India. TCM and Ayurvedic experts contribute...
    and along those lines, how would you react if i said that i've figured out some of your alts and i appreciate you all the more for your healthy dose of awesome-sauce?

Banned

and along those lines, how would you react if i said that i've figured out some of your alts and i appreciate you all the more for your healthy dose of awesome-sauce?
    Conspiracy theories are not the answer to your inner emptiness.

What if I were to tell you that I have zero alt accounts and haven't had an alt account for 5 years?

That would be the truth, and yet you have wasted time in your head constructing an elaborate and false conspiracy.

That path will not lead you to happiness or inner fulfillment.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    That would be the truth, and yet you have wasted time in your head constructing an elaborate and false conspiracy.

That path will not lead you to happiness or inner fulfillment.
    with a straight face, i would ask you how i could possibly improve my home and existential life, the both of them.