Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
jstern
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Michael Jordan flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Nah, he didn't have to jump back like that if he were really trying to take a charge. Come on now.

His momentum was taking him back. Now tell me, how would he avoid getting hit on the face without going back like that?
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
DuMa
Canned

that was a half flop. still a flop though.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
bwink23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Before people challenged me to find footage of Michael Jordan flopping. Said he has never flopped. Despite it being much harder to find due to it not being during this Youtube age... I found a really bad flop by the GOAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=27s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=46s

WRONG.....more like cuz he didn't flop, PERIOD>
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
jstern
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
yet CP3 snaps his head back when he sees a shoulder coming towards him and that's a "flop" video spreading like wildfire across the internet. GTFO dude.
You are a dumb.

One you don't see me talking about CP3 flopping, the one time I did I was defending him, in the same way I'm defending Jordan right now, because CP3 had a legitimate case in my eyes and everyone consider everything a flop. But you're comparing Apples to oranges, deflecting, that's why I'm calling you a moron, cause that's what you're doing. Comparing a guy trying not to get hit in the face, to a guy that sees a body coming, not knowing is a ref, and then flinging his head back like he just got elbowed by Metta World.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
LJJ
Extra Cheese

That's not excessive flopping at all.

We are talking about Griffin falling over 20 times a game looking for a call, blatantly cheating, when there is obviously no foul. Not a guy losing his balance one time trying to take a charge.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Piling on. Everyone knows the Clippers flop. No secret. Is it because they're currently winning games that people feel the need to pile on everyday? The Clippers must surely be the best at flopping because they've done a very good job at taking the attention away from other floppers. Danilo had a major flop the other night and how many threads were made about it? Probably 1 or 2. Why? Because the Nuggets are losing and no one cares.

This is my last time entering a flopping thread although I know I'll probably run into a post mentioning it in other threads. It's just silly. Flopping is silly and people continuing to say the same things everyday is silly. People not being smart enough to know that it will continue until the league does something to stop it. But hey, I guess it makes for good conversation though right?
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Asukal
College star

In this play sure I admit he did flop but this is nothing compared to Lebron's hit by air flops. Now for a new challenge, find a video of Jordan flopping on offense.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
His momentum was taking him back. Now tell me, how would he avoid getting hit on the face without going back like that?

Take the charge full on. Didn't look like he was getting ready to get Metta World Peace'd in the face. Geezus.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal
In this play sure I admit he did flop but this is nothing compared to Lebron's hit by air flops. Now for a new challenge, find a video of Jordan flopping on offense.

He didn't need to. Refs worshipped him. Plus he was far more skilled than Griffin. The problem is Blake's game depends on being able to bang... and when players are allowed to play you dirty it's much easier to stop. Jordan had a shot, Griffin doesn't.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
bwink23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal

That's not a flop AT ALL....that's "selling" the charge call..he was there in position, and Isiah was gonna run him over anyway. There is a big difference in selling the call, and flopping. If Isiah stopped short of Jordan and barely nudged him and Jordan goes flying, flailing his arms around, that's FLOPPING>
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
That's not a flop AT ALL....that's "selling" the charge call..he was there in position, and Isiah was gonna run him over anyway. There is a big difference in selling the call, and flopping. If Isiah stopped short of Jordan and barely nudged him and Jordan goes flying, flailing his arms around, that's FLOPPING>

Griffin is selling calls too... yet nobody will admit that. Unlike Jordan who got no contact here.... Griffin DOES get contact with his flops.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
bwink23
Banned

Quote:
Griffin is selling calls too... yet nobody will admit that. Unlike Jordan who got no contact here.... Griffin DOES get contact with his flops.

Jordan DID get contact.....

He got an elbow in the chest. That's an obvious charge call.

This is FLOPPING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwL5k4FDVkQ

Griffin is a BIG, STRONG MAN. No way does that put him flying into the first row....
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
OldSchoolBBall
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Before people challenged me to find footage of Michael Jordan flopping. Said he has never flopped. Despite it being much harder to find due to it not being during this Youtube age... I found a really bad flop by the GOAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=27s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=46s

Err, it's not a flop at all, and it's hysterical that you went through a ton of trouble and this is all you could find. Isiah brought his elbow up INTO MJ's solar plexus, which WILL knock you back and down, especially if you're already backpedaling; Isiah's momentum just continued through MJ and he basically HAD to fall. Not a flop AT ALL. Watch the replay in your second video and it's abundantly clear. What a joke.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
WRONG.....more like cuz he didn't flop, PERIOD>

video suggests otherwise!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Everyone flops. Always have, always will.

The scrutiny and attention is just 10x's what it used to be. Every play people are seeing 3 instant replays and crying like babies on twitter and facebook (and ISH).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: