Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #361
Rik Smits' Hair
April 2013 MVP

Default Re: Marcus Smart shoves a fan

It's amazing how quickly people are willing to excuse such behavior once the race card comes into play. There is no evidence the guy said anything related to race that I have seen. I have seen no reports from anyone other than Marcus that it was said. I think that the obvious explanation right now is that Marcus screwed up and knew it and tried to get out of it. Now the TV had this fans personal info splattered all over the internet and people are tying to vilify him for the actions of Marcus.
The whole situation is sad and it is extremely disconcerting to see so many people rush to the side of the of the one who got physical with a fan.
Rik Smits' Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #362
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Smits' Hair
It's amazing how quickly people are willing to excuse such behavior once the race card comes into play. There is no evidence the guy said anything related to race that I have seen. I have seen no reports from anyone other than Marcus that it was said. I think that the obvious explanation right now is that Marcus screwed up and knew it and tried to get out of it. Now the TV had this fans personal info splattered all over the internet and people are tying to vilify him for the actions of Marcus.
The whole situation is sad and it is extremely disconcerting to see so many people rush to the side of the of the one who got physical with a fan.
The "victim" is on tape flicking off another player and we can all guess that he said something bad to get the reaction he did. He's not a sympathetic figure. But I'll agree that we can't be sure exactly what was said, and regardless of what he said Smart has to control himself.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #363
Rik Smits' Hair
April 2013 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The "victim" is on tape flicking off another player and we can all guess that he said something bad to get the reaction he did. He's not a sympathetic figure. But I'll agree that we can't be sure exactly what was said, and regardless of what he said Smart has to control himself.

Flicking off a player doesn't implicate a pattern of racist behavior.

Last edited by Rik Smits' Hair : 02-09-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Rik Smits' Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #364
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood yes
Yup, ur right, words are words

Btw, i fuked ur mom up the ass, comed on ur sister, and she gave me a nice slow blowjob as i fingered her ass. Then, i grabbed ur mom's boobs and tittysprinkled em in front of ur dad, while ur dad fed me some chicken and pizza.

Oh yeah, and ur mom is a whore bitch ass.

But you dont care, words are just words, right?
Someone's still in middle school

Normal people don't get mad at shit they know didn't happen
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #365
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Looked like that bitch next to the guy hit him with her rolled up paper, and the guy probably said something terrible. It's going to be a big deal, but people should've taken care of that asshat a long time ago. Look at him wearing his underarmour shirt.

what? how is that relevant?
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #366
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

he got suspended for 3 games
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #367
HomieWeMajor

Seems like most people ITT wanted Smart to say "Yes massa I's whatever you say I is. Insult me some moe."
Old 02-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #368
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Quote:
Yup, totally agree with you.

Oh yeah, btw, i hope you go kill yourself you little bitch *****, i ****ed ur momso hard last night her ****** tore apart, then i fingered ur sister in the ass, and made ur dad watch all of it. Then i shoved a fat ass carrot up ur brother, and he killed himself through suicide

How do you like that? Im sure you dont mind, after all, words wont hurt you :)

You wouldn't happen to be an insane clown posse fan would you?

Sofa king ree Todd ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
he got suspended for 3 games

fair enough
Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #369
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

Quote:
Yup, totally agree with you.

Oh yeah, btw, i hope you go kill yourself you little bitch *****, i ****ed ur momso hard last night her ****** tore apart, then i fingered ur sister in the ass, and made ur dad watch all of it. Then i shoved a fat ass carrot up ur brother, and he killed himself through suicide

How do you like that? Im sure you dont mind, after all, words wont hurt you :)

Do you really think anyone's going to get worked up over that little speech? The only thing that's gonna do is make people laugh at the thought of your acne-ridden azz posting such dumb shit from your mom's computer
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #370
moe94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Do you really think anyone's going to get worked up over that little speech? The only thing that's gonna do is make people laugh at the thought of your acne-ridden azz posting such dumb shit from your mom's computer

Real talk. Dude sounds like a dumb kid. Not just a kid, but a dumb one.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #371
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
You are basically crying right now over a word. Listen to yourself.

ATTACK

This word is destroying you, like the n-word destroyed Smart.

The irony of this situation is hilarious.

I'm done with you. You're going in circles because you have no argument.

gold, pure gold

If the guy really called him the N word to his face... I'm not surprised what happened, and I don't blame him (in an ideal world) for shoving the guy.

That being said we don't live in an ideal world and the correct decision would have been to not touch the fan.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #372
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Real talk. Dude sounds like a dumb kid. Not just a kid, but a dumb one.

Yeah that guy sound like the age his balls only halfway dropped but his point is that words can hurt someone, come on we aren't really arguing this are we? Can you imagine how much it must have hurt to hear fans making fun of your cancer-stricken daughter (Fisher) or your murdered father (Kerr)?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #373
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
Seems like most people ITT wanted Smart to say "Yes massa I's whatever you say I is. Insult me some moe."
Yes because the only two things in this world are violence or slavery
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #374
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

I believe by law, the person who attacks his insulter is always in the wrong, meaning in a court of law you'll be the one found guilty of assault for kicking someone's ass for whatever they may have said.

That being said, the (US / Indian / Chinese) law =/= morality. By law slavery was legal in many parts of the world and even right now by law a man can beat his wife so long as there are no physical marks in the Arab Emierates.

When you do something that skirts on legal boundaries you have to be sure you know what you're sacrificing. Marcus in this case, was not smart about what he would have sacrificed trying to send a message. But I don't agree that in all scenarios it's best to follow the law for fear of persecution.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #375
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
No one would even pay attention if Smart said a fan heckled him. It would be completely shrugged off, and a non story.

This. It would be a non story and Smart would get patted on the head for being a good little boy. This fan needs to get banned from games and the NCAA should look into how to better protect their players from this type of garbage. If this leads to some changes this could be for the better.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: