Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default So I am from Brazil

Ask me anything...

(Just don't ask if we live with monkeys, elephants, lions, tigers or any other animals other then dogs and cats. And yes people from outside of Brazil have asked that seriously )

Default Re: So I am from Brazil

DO you know who this girl is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LCjZehpdWM

Banned

When do you plan on leaving that crime-filled cesspool?

Yes, the one in the video is a funk singer, her nickname can be translated as Watermelon Woman (because of her breasts). Funk music is pretty big in Rio de Janeiro, specially in the "favelas" or shanty towns, the parties are huge and in them there are a lot of woman that dance in a let's say sexy manner with little clothes on. They are normally hot as hell;
    Last edited by B-hoop; 11-27-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    When do you plan on leaving that crime-filled cesspool?
    Never, its the best country in the world if you have the money to live nicely. Perfect weather, hot girls everywhere, nice and gentle people. I pretend to get an MBA in the US in 3-4 years, but then i will come back.
    Last edited by B-hoop; 11-27-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    Never, its the best country in the world if you have the money to live nicely. Perfect weather, hot girls everywhere, nice and gentle people. I pretend to do an MBA in the US in 3-4 years, but then i will come back.
    I pretend to do a doctor.

Da Mavs

How well are immigrants to Brazil assimilating? Read an article today about the increase in immigrants there this year, particularly from Portugal and Bolivia.

My wife's family is Portuguese so I am learning Portuguese. Her older sister loves going to Brazil and has been there multiple times. How are things looking for the World Cup and the Olympics? I wouldn't mind flying there from Australia for the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    How well are immigrants to Brazil assimilating? Read an article today about the increase in immigrants there this year, particularly from Portugal and Bolivia.
    I have read articles showing how Bolivians and other Southern Americans are immigrating to Brazil and working for below minimum wages. More qualified immigrants (those with a degree on something) are finding good jobs but those that come to do grunt labor only earn the minimum wage which is pretty low (around 300 dollars per month).
    Last edited by B-hoop; 11-27-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    My wife's family is Portuguese so I am learning Portuguese. Her older sister loves going to Brazil and has been there multiple times. How are things looking for the World Cup and the Olympics? I wouldn't mind flying there from Australia for the Olympics.
    Infrastructure isn't the best, but i dont think we will be worse than South Africa. If you are coming be prepared to find huge traffic jams and delayed flights. But parties in Brazil aren't like the parties anywhere else in the world. If there is one thing Brazilians know to do, its to party and have fun.

I would suggest coming for the World Cup since then you get to know the whole country or at least the biggest cities. The Olympics will happen only in Rio de Janeiro, and while its the most famous, in my opinion its overrated.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

So Rio is my favourite city I've been to.

How hard is it for foreigners ie Australians to get a visa to live there for the short or long term.

How expensive is property in a niceish area of Rio? I'm talking Ipanema or Copacabana.

National High School Star

Did you get scared by that little girl dressed like a ghost in the elevator

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    So Rio is my favourite city I've been to.

How hard is it for foreigners ie Australians to get a visa to live there for the short or long term.

How expensive is property in a niceish area of Rio? I'm talking Ipanema or Copacabana.
    What cities have you been to?

I dont really know about the visa but i know a lot of foreigners and they don't seem to have any problem getting their visas.

Copacabana you can find flats and lofts for around 1.500-3.000 bucks per month. The closer to the beach the more expensive it gets. Also some of the renters will make you leave during New Year's Eve and Carnival where they can get like 1.000 bucks a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    Did you get scared by that little girl dressed like a ghost in the elevator
    Nah, though i saw it when they showed it on the TV, goat prank in brazilian history

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    What cities have you been to?

I dont really know about the visa but i know a lot of foreigners and they don't seem to have any problem getting their visas.

Copacabana you can find flats and lofts for around 1.500-3.000 bucks per month. The closer to the beach the more expensive it gets. Also some of the renters will make you leave during New Year's Eve and Carnival where they can get like 1.000 bucks a day.
    I've been around a fair bit, Europe (London, France, Rome, Florence, Nice, Athens, Dublin a fair few more) Asia (Singapore, KL, Bangkok + more) Cairo, Dubai, Buenos Aires, NYC, Miami. Fair few more I can't remember off the top of my head. I just loved the vibe, the energy and geographically it's the most beautiful city I've seen.

That's reasonably expensive I spose, but the rest of the cost of living was cheap from memory. I'd love to live over there, even if it's just for a year.

Are the wages decent if you're working in a recognized industry? Design for example.