Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1232

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    That site looks helpful. Lets say I play at my local AAU. No travel or anything, do the college coaches still go to watch us?
    like wall said. AAU is the way to go. Especially if you didn't get your shine on the way you wanted for your school basketball season. Again everybody is different, you have to ask yourself do I want to play for a top program around my area and may not get as much PT and shine, but the tournys i go there will be coaches there, or play for a local team with a lot less exposure and get my shine on.

Back when i played AAU 6th grade i played local team around my area then 7th-9th grade i played for the Ohio Valley Force it is a top 10 AAU team in Ohio.
    http://www.cbcaau.com/~cbcaauc/cgi-bin/md.cgi?teamr

My friend Adam who is right now beasting so far this season plays for Dayton Metro. another top 10 program. The best program in Ohio is easily All-Ohio and LeBron James Shooting Stars you say you played for them and everybody knows your a serious baller.

Also another thing to consider is make sure you pick a coach that likes you alot. Mark my other friend played for the Nets for many years another top 10 program, but then switched last year to a lesser team because of its coaches. The coaches really got his name out even made his highlight tape he sent to colleges. He signed his letter of intent to play for a pretty big D2 school, but will most likely transfer to D1 when he is an upperclassmen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHi70Kk_L0o

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    like wall said. AAU is the way to go. Especially if you didn't get your shine on the way you wanted for your school basketball season. Again everybody is different, you have to ask yourself do I want to play for a top program around my area and may not get as much PT and shine, but the tournys i go there will be coaches there, or play for a local team with a lot less exposure and get my shine on.

Back when i played AAU 6th grade i played local team around my area then 7th-9th grade i played for the Ohio Valley Force it is a top 10 AAU team in Ohio.
    http://www.cbcaau.com/~cbcaauc/cgi-bin/md.cgi?teamr

My friend Adam who is right now beasting so far this season plays for Dayton Metro. another top 10 program. The best program in Ohio is easily All-Ohio and LeBron James Shooting Stars you say you played for them and everybody knows your a serious baller.

Also another thing to consider is make sure you pick a coach that likes you alot. Mark my other friend played for the Nets for many years another top 10 program, but then switched last year to a lesser team because of its coaches. The coaches really got his name out even made his highlight tape he sent to colleges. He signed his letter of intent to play for a pretty big D2 school, but will most likely transfer to D1 when he is an upperclassmen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHi70Kk_L0o
    Yea I really want to go the AAU way but I have to find a team around the area that travels and were u get exposure. The high school that I play for is most likely not going to fit my style of play. I need to find a way to somehow showcase my skills somewhere other than high school ball.

Life In Marvelous Time

Haven't posted here in a while, lot to say but not feeling like typing much right now.

Short story is, our team is full of drama/injuries/suspensions and other setbacks, we've lost 3 league games in a row. We're now 4-5 in the league and have a chance at possibly not making regionals when earlier this season we were looking at hosting and having a shot at the championship. Major meltdown.

We won our first 3 games after break but we lost our last 2. Tonight we just fell apart late in the 4th but it was a good game. Im averaging 20 point per game since break. Ill update the rest of my stats later.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Looks like it's the end of the road for us. We might not even have a varsity basketball team next year. God forbid it's going to replaced by the Track & Field team again. Damnit, the talent's there. I just really think we need a coach with actual experience built around the game, not just some funky PE teacher.

Life In Marvelous Time

Handed our rival team their first loss of the season, and beat another pretty good team by 17 to clinch a playoff berth. Team's looking really good lately.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Looks like it's the end of the road for us. We might not even have a varsity basketball team next year. God forbid it's going to replaced by the Track & Field team again. Damnit, the talent's there. I just really think we need a coach with actual experience built around the game, not just some funky PE teacher.
    Ahh that sucks, our high school's team has also been threatened of being discontinued..though ours was due to behavioural and grade problems. We've been good on those issues lately though.

Saw a basketball once

My rec team is now 3-1, and my aau coach has been MIA so we're going to start practicing around march after the hs season ends. I've been leading my team in scoring, averaging over 22 a game, and most importantly were winning. I might eventually post some clips on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bang Theory
    Handed our rival team their first loss of the season, and beat another pretty good team by 17 to clinch a playoff berth. Team's looking really good lately.

Ahh that sucks, our high school's team has also been threatened of being discontinued..though ours was due to behavioural and grade problems. We've been good on those issues lately though.
    Well, our (ex)coach didn't say we could get another one. We're trying to get our other teacher. If you guys are going to ask "Wait, didn't you say you didn't want another noob teacher?", this guy has experience in basketball. He used to play HS ball in one of the major colleges here in the country and won a chip during his junior year, if I remember right. I really think he could push us harder than our old coach. We've been trying to get him involved but he's also going through rehab for a hip injury he sustained when he was a track star in college.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Grafbag's Avatar

This thread needs a bit of a bump... Anyway, school starts on Friday and so does competition basketball, i'm getting really excited about this, hoping to be a bit more dominant in my team. What about over there, you guys still playing matches?

On another note, i wanted to ask, and figured you guys would probably know most about this. I'm in Australia, and i'm thinking about going over to America when I'm a bit older to play college basketball. Anybody here able to help me out, tell me how one might achieve such a thing? Any input is appreciated.

Where is everybody at? I haven't updated in a while. We are 7-8, have some major attitude problems. I will go more in depth later. Huge game tomorrow night.

6-2 for us. Missed the last 2 games with a back injury, and we lost both by 20. Good thing is I'm near 100% and we get another shot at both teams in February.

So the attitudes on the team are really ****ty. Like we had a game last night and everyone quit cause we were down 20 and the refs were bad. I didnt quit though. I kept playing hard and trying to encourage everyone. When they come out of the game they sit there like babies. We addressed all the attitude problems today after practice so hopefully we can make a change for the last 7 games but its ridiculous. we can't win if we have selfish players. There are just certain players who aren't playing for the right reasons.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Grafbag's Avatar

I have a match on in a couple of hours, gonna head out soon. I'll let you guys know how it ends up. (Note: This is the worse of the two teams that i play for, and we have to start winning heaps of matches to make it to the finals)

Well, our future's still uncertain. We're trying to get back into the tourney, but it starts next Thursday and we don't have a supervisor/coach kind of guy right now. We also have to make an appeal to the Office of Student Affairs before we can join.

I havent been to practice in like a week(because I get no playing time anyway so I thought Id give myself a break). But when I came back the team had a whole new look. Our 6'4 post player now became a perimeter player (which suits him well because he plays like a guard now he is one), our 6'2 SG became the PG(also suits him well because he handles the ball well anyway. Then our 6'2 SG/SF became the secondary PG/SG because he also handles the ball well and can penetrate and create. The Bigs became more versatile. Today we are going to see if this change will benefit us, to me I think some of it was a good idea like having our post player come out to become a guard because he can handle and creates matchup problems.