Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 AM   #46
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Where does the newer generation of rappers rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Nas isn't a new generation rapper. His best stuff was in the 90's.

Em & Jay aren't either.
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #47
Premeditated
Banned

Premeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPremeditated has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Where did I say that the Wu-Tang or Gangsta rap era is the golden era?

You say Kanye is God, say Nikki Manaj is an all time great.

You are not Hip-Hop...sit down.
I said an all time great for females.

and who the fukk are you to tell me what is hip hop and what is not? sit cho dusky ass down somewhere you hunky. If i wanted your opinion from a white person on hip hop, I'll listen to Ashton Kutcher's opinion before yours.

lol @ a whiteboy having the audacity of what hip hop is.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #48
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
I said an all time great for females.

and who the fukk are you to tell me what is hip hop and what is not? sit cho dusky ass down somewhere you hunky. If i wanted your opinion from a white person on hip hop, I'll listen to Ashton Kutcher's opinion before yours.

lol @ a whiteboy having the audacity of what hip hop is.

Yeah ok dun.....

Is it God hour yet dun dunny?

Peace to the Suns and the Earth's God.

How you gon be God body and like Nikki Manaj/think she's an all time great rapper.

Your slip is showing you clown.

Your gimmick is up.

And my blackness makes your blackness look like:

Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #49
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Personal tastes aside....its fine the way some of you feel about guys like Kanye, TI, etc etc....Thats YOUR taste, and you're entitled to that.

But the fact remains, a vast majority of the top 10 of hip hop/rap artists are indeed from the 80s, and the 90s, and with the general direction that hip hop and rap has taken lately, its probably going to STAY that way for a long, LONG time, if not forever.

These new school artists may "sell more" but thats based SOLELY on the way the game is played these days folks. You think such and such from the 80s had the internet, itunes, and vast commercialization of his product? These motherfu*kers from back then were damn near coming out of their own pockets for their videos, that cost like 100 dollars.

Shit is mass produced now, on assembly lines in factories. OF COURSE they're going to sell more records now more than ever. But if that is the method for you to measure the greatness of an emcee, then I feel sorry for you, because you're missing out.

The golden era of hip hop was CLEARLY in the 80s, and 90s. Hands down.

Last edited by oh the horror : 12-18-2010 at 04:46 AM.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #50
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Personal tastes aside....its fine the way some of you feel about guys like Kanye, TI, etc etc....Thats YOUR taste, and you're entitled to that.

But the fact remains, a vast majority of the top 10 of hip hop/rap artists are indeed from the 80s, and the 90s, and with the general direction that hip hop and rap has taken lately, its probably going to STAY that way for a long, LONG time, if not forever.

These new school artists may "sell more" but thats based SOLELY on the way the game is played these days folks. You think such and such from the 80s had the internet, itunes, and vast commercialization of his product? These motherfu*kers from back then were damn near coming out of their own pockets for their videos, that cost like 100 dollars.

Shit is mass produced now, on assembly lines in factories. OF COURSE they're going to sell more records now more than ever. But if that is the method for you to measure the greatness of an emcee, then I feel sorry for you, because you're missing out.

The golden era of hip hop was CLEARLY in the 80s, and 90s. Hands down.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #51
RandyOrton
OKC

RandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

J. Cole is the greatest at the moment.
RandyOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: