Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Man Fatally Stabs Other Man Over How Long to Cook a Pizza Pop in the Microwave

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...nce-pizza.html
    Fatal knife fight over Pizza Pop nets Halifax man 5 years
    Last Updated: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 | 11:53 AM AT Comments39Recommend29
    CBC News
    A Halifax man has been sentenced to five years in prison for stabbing another man to death in a fight over frozen food.

Brandon John Anderson, 18, was sentenced Monday in youth court after pleading guilty to manslaughter.

Paul Saunders, 21, of Quebec died after a knife-fight at a party at a Halifax apartment on April 5. He was stabbed in the chest and back.

The court heard that the party was loud and raucous, and both men had been drinking. They reached for knives after a disagreement over how long frozen Pizza Pops should be cooked in a microwave oven.

Judge Pam Williams called it a "shockingly pointless episode," the Chronicle Herald reported.

Anderson, 17 at the time of the stabbing, was sentenced as an adult to five years behind bars, minus a year for time served.

He can serve the next couple of years in a youth jail, but will be transferred to a federal prison when he turns 20.
    I don't know whether this incident automatically nominates them for a Darwin Award, but it comes awfully close.

Default Re: Man Fatally Stabs Other Man Over How Long to Cook a Pizza Pop in the Microwave

The guy only gets 5 years for killing someone???

Default Re: Man Fatally Stabs Other Man Over How Long to Cook a Pizza Pop in the Microwave

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo
    Probably because he was a youth at the time of the incident.

No Pun Intended ryantheporchkid's Avatar

That's what I was thinking. I remember seeing an episode of Law and Order when a guy was murdered at a party, and the murderer got leniency because he was drunk. McCoy dropped the ball on that one. It was easily the most passive cross-examination I've ever seen him give.

This isn't the USA where we will shove the law up an eight years old a$$.

Hellbound

I'm confused how he only got manslaughter for purposely stabbing somebody to death over a frozen pizza.

I could accidentally give a white girl a paper cut and get felonious assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder and statutory rape for no reason.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    This isn't the USA where we will shove the law up an eight years old a$$.
    not that I am in support of that, but sometimes you need to scare the public with harsher rules so such things never take place. We now have a justice system that is crowded by lawyers who are trying to break the system and free the guilty. People aren't afraid of the consequences anymore and commit whatever acts they want be it against woman, older people, kids or public/private property. The law needs to strike fear so when people try to do something ridiculous as this, they should think twice. When they do, everyone is safe and the innocent do not die.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i wonder if he ate the pizza after he killed him. and who was right about the preparation time/temp.

shhhhhhh

some people take pizza too serious

NBA sixth man of the year

The world needs to take some punishment tips from Francisco Franco. Only in his time was a virgin able to walk from one end of the country to the other with a million dollars in her bag and never be touched.

Put yr guns up

If the fact he was a minor played a role, that's retarded. A 17-year old should be expected to know the difference between right and wrong. I'm hoping there was at least some question as to whether he was defending himself since both parties had a knife. Even still 5 years just seems ridiculous.

Banned

1 minute 10 seconds one side
    11 seconds other
    no questions asked

Banned

usually the pizza pop is bursting by the time its done. pillsbury kind at least

In my old microwave it took like 4-5 minutes to cook a Pizza Pop, damn that thing sucked (I think it was from the early 80s).

UD
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by canadianballer
    1 minute 10 seconds one side
    11 seconds other
    no questions asked
    I'm going to stab the sh!t out of you.