Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: the "next Michael Jordan" is dead. it is now "the first Stephen Curry"

I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the heat won with three point shooting role players and lebrons ability to pass. he + those role players = 1 steph curry

wade was basically a non factor... when he dominated the heat lost in 2011... when he took a big step back they won
    This is true in 2012 and 2013, I was referring mainly to Wade in 2006, although what I said applies mainly to Kobe. Right now there are just no shooting guards playing at a GOAT level, nor do I think there will be for a little while. Curry is changing the game, blazing a new path for himself and (like you said) isn't being the next Jordan, just the first Curry

Banned

Default Re: the "next Michael Jordan" is dead. it is now "the first Stephen Curry"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Curry is reminding everyone this year that he is a legitimate MVP caliber player and will be in the discussion for some years to come.

Saying he's the new "GOAT", or something approaching that, is about 52 steps ahead of reality.

in todays league/style

curry is the greatest player you could possibly choose to lead a team RIGHT NOW

wilt/shaq types = exposed with spamming hackashaq teams, rules that dont promote back to the basket games

jordan/kobe types = not utilizing threes and passing nearly enough

sorry to everyone that enjoyed all around basketball.. but all you'l be seeing a bunch of 3 point chuckers until the rules go back to normal

this league is ****ing shit to me right now.. so boring its pathetic

i try watching warriors games but i dunno how people can get into that bingo shit

Dumb thread

There simply isn't a Jordan, Kobe or anybody with that sort of skillset in today's game.

And if those guys were in their absolute primes...? They would wreck the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    I'm
    This is true in 2012 and 2013, I was referring mainly to Wade in 2006, although what I said applies mainly to Kobe. Right now there are just no shooting guards playing at a GOAT level, nor do I think there will be for a little while. Curry is changing the game, blazing a new path for himself and (like you said) isn't being the next Jordan, just the first Curry
    2005 or 2006 was basically the beginning of the new era rules during the regular season

but i think the refs went back to the old style in the playoffs

the refs were old school back in the day. i remember the commentators even acknowledging it during the playoffs .. saying "maybe in the regular season. but this is the playoffs. its tougher basketball"

today the refs are soft all year round. they promote soft guys and p*ssies well into the finals now

if steve nash's suns were in todays league. theyed have an infinitely higher chance to win a title

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Dumb thread

There simply isn't a Jordan, Kobe or anybody with that sort of skillset in today's game.

And if those guys were in their absolute primes...? They would wreck the league.

thats like saying "there simply isnt a 7 foot 300 pound guy in the world anymore

there is... but theyre useless in todays game. and teams draft accordingly

thats like saying "there simply isnt a 7 foot 300 pound guy in the world anymore

Okay. Who has that skillset you described, and isn't dominating?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    LOL @ Kobe being a top 5 player in 2013.

https://sites.google.com/site/rapmst...dated-march-30

It died a long time before 2013. You just don't get the game any more.

And the whole point is NO, HE WOULDN'T BE DOING THE SAME THING.
    LOL at you thinking he wasn't. After Lebron and Durant, name 3 players clearly better than him that year.

Banned

kobe was great in 2013.. but he was a shooter more than anything by then... he was adapting to the new curry league

i even remember him trying to mix in 10+ assist games too for a while

he was going off curry style ... not mj style

So you're saying if Shaq or David Robinson was coming into the draft this year, teams would pass on them for some 3 point spammer? Positions go through phases, 20 years ago we were in a peak for centers( Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo, Ewing, Mourning), 15 years ago power forwards(Duncan, Dirk, Garnett,Wallace, Webber) 10 years ago SGs( Kobe, Tmac, Wade, Ray, Iverson) and today we have a glut of great PGs. The pendulum will swing once again, 60 years of NBA basketball has proven this. A truly dominant, back to the basket talent would still be a commodity nowadays, we're just in a thin period.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 11-06-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    So you're saying if Shaq or David Robinson was coming into the draft this year, teams would pass on them for some 3 point spammer? Positions go through phases, 20 years ago we were in a peak for centers( Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo, Ewing, Mourning), 15 years ago power forwards(Duncan, Dirk, Garnett,Wallace, Webber) 10 years ago SGs( Kobe, Tmac, Wade, Ray, Iverson) and today we have a glut of great PGs. The pendulum will swing once again, 60 years of NBA basketball has proven this.

no.. theyed draft them assuming theyed dominate and win titles like teams did with andrew wiggins and anthony davis

teams still think with the old rules

but those 2 guys will never lead a team to anything

no.. theyed draft them assuming theyed dominate and win titles like teams did with andrew wiggins and anthony davis

teams still think with the old rules

but those 2 guys will never lead a team to anything
    Because certain things are absolute, regardless of era: there will always be a need for size/dominance. The league moving out to the perimeter nowadays is as much to do with no Shaq/Hakeem/Ewing/Robinson forces around as the rules. Even as recently as 2011, Howard with zero post-game was considered a top 5 player, and he was half the players the 90's great centers were. But notice, in the past 5 years alone you had guys like Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, and Amare( all different positions, note) going to 50 year old Hakeem for post advice. Great post play is still a commodity and can still be an asset in this league, we just don't have that kind of players in large numbers at the moment.

I agree. Michael Jordan is no longer the GOAT, Steph Curry is .

Banned

thats like saying "who are the bigs in todays game that would dominate 20 years ago"

i dunno.. do you have a time machine?

we wont know who the 2 guards/ small forwards are in todays game that would dominate the 90's or early 2000's ... because theyre playing in todays league and are handcuffed from showing what they can do

and besides that.. teams draft according to need... so that type of player doesnt get the chance another guy with a long shooting touch would get...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    I agree. Michael Jordan is no longer the GOAT, Steph Curry is .

best prototypical player for the current rules in place is a little different than "greatest of all time/resume"

thats more associated with accolades