Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: euroleague qtr finals

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    That is if he decides to go. People forget that players might not want to go to the NBA, I think he will stay in CSKA atleast one more year. Is it confirmed that he is going? have CSKA released him from his contract? Has the player said he is going?
    He only makes 900,000 euros net in CSKA so about the same as $2.5 million in the NBA. So as of right now he could make more in the NBA. Then again CSKA could pay him more than the MLE is.

I think it will depend on if the win the Euroleague. If they win the Euroleague then for sure Kaun will get offered more money than the Cavs can pay him.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Big factor next season is the nba is probably going to be in a lockout next season. How many business do you know of that's hemorrhaging $400 million dollars. It wouldn't be responsible for the league to continue to borrow money to pay for the exorbinate salaries.

There's a lot from the nba to stay away from. The commissioner is a control freak, the merchandise is overpriced made of cheapest made-in-china quality, the shirts and plastic stuff are paper thin, the thug image doesn't help, the league is full floppers, and it's hard to watch the gazillion free throw shots per game. I understand why people for the most part are staying away from the nba. It's wnba attendance for most of the teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    There's a lot from the nba to stay away from. The commissioner is a control freak, the merchandise is overpriced made of cheapest made-in-china quality, the shirts and plastic stuff are paper thin, the thug image doesn't help, the league is full floppers, and it's hard to watch the gazillion free throw shots per game. I understand why people for the most part are staying away from the nba. It's wnba attendance for most of the teams.

The NBA was ruined by Stern.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Agreed. As for the cavs paying Kaun more than 2.5million dollars i doubt it. Navarro was on 568,000 dollars! when he was there ,in barca he is on 3 million euros.
    I can see Rudy Fernandez joining a big european team next year. There was talk of Ginobili coming to europe but apparently spurs have offered or about to offer him a contract of 37 million dollars for 3 years. approx

Agreed. As for the cavs paying Kaun more than 2.5million dollars i doubt it. Navarro was on 568,000 dollars! when he was there ,in barca he is on 3 million euros.
    I can see Rudy Fernandez joining a big european team next year. There was talk of Ginobili coming to europe but apparently spurs have offered or about to offer him a contract of 37 million dollars for 3 years. approx
    I honestly think Rudy is being underutilized on the Blazers roster. He's such a talented and versatile player and he's only getting around 22 minutes a game!

Last edited by Huey Freeman; 04-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Banned

Rudy was always vastly overrated. The only player more overrated than him from Europe is Rubio. Rudy was never close to as good as the pre-NBA hype said he was.

Rudy Fernandez's regression is more of an indictment of the Portland Trailblazers than Rudy Fernandez. Outside of Brandon Roy what other trailblazer developed, LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Greg Oden, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Sebastion Telfair, Victor Kriapa, Bayless? Brandon Roy was the only guy to develop and he was a four year college guy.

Banned

Rudy Fernandez's regression is more of an indictment of the Portland Trailblazers than Rudy Fernandez. Outside of Brandon Roy what other trailblazer developed, LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Greg Oden, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Sebastion Telfair, Victor Kriapa, Bayless? Brandon Roy was the only guy to develop and he was a four year college guy.

Rudy was always extremely overrated. He was never even among the best players in Europe, yet he was universally proclaimed the Jordan of Europe by all NBA fans. Anyone that was not biased could see him struggling was a foregone conclusion, based on the absurd expectations on him.

He is very physically talented obviously, but his game just isn't that well developed from a skills point other than shooting and passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Rudy was always extremely overrated. He was never even among the best players in Europe, yet he was universally proclaimed the Jordan of Europe by all NBA fans. Anyone that was not biased could see him struggling was a foregone conclusion, based on the absurd expectations on him.

He is very physically talented obviously, but his game just isn't that well developed from a skills point other than shooting and passing.
    Fernandez was a top guy his last year in europe. What happened was Kevin Pritchard declared him the "best player outside the nba" which was ridiculous and that organization has a history of trying to control dialog by harassing and threatening a different point-of-view. So anyone that said what was more real, really couldn't. I don't blame Rudy Fernandez for his struggles in Portland, he is one of 20+ guys that didn't reach their potential there.

Banned

Fernandez was a top guy his last year in europe. What happened was Kevin Pritchard declared him the "best player outside the nba" which was ridiculous and that organization has a history of trying to control dialog by harassing and threatening a different point-of-view. So anyone that said what was more real, really couldn't. I don't blame Rudy Fernandez for his struggles in Portland, he is one of 20+ guys that didn't reach their potential there.
    No he was not a top player in Europe. That is a total myth that NBA fans created. He was a top 3-5 player in the ACB and the Eurocup. But he was not a top 5 Euroleague player and would not have been if he played there that season.

He might possibly be a top 10 Euroleague player right at this current time, but even that is probably being generous. He's very talented, but his skill set is too limited to match the expectations on him.

Being the 6th man on an NBA Western Conference playoff team is pretty much exactly where he should be. He's no better than that, so I don't understand at all why Portland would be criticized.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 04-11-2010 at 11:21 AM.

No he was not a top player in Europe. That is a total myth that NBA fans created. He was a top 3-5 player in the ACB and the Eurocup. But he was not a top 5 Euroleague player and would not have been if he played there that season.

He might possibly be a top 10 Euroleague player right at this current time, but even that is probably being generous. He's very talented, but his skill set is too limited to match the expectations on him.

Being the 6th man on an NBA Western Conference playoff team is pretty much exactly where he should be. He's no better than that, so I don't understand at all why Portland would be criticized.
    The man says truth!

i think he is not overrated, i think rudy is a very good player, not great but very good. and he could do very well in a top euroleague team, he had the chance to go to barca nd turned it down to go to the NBA, like Navarro, Rigeadeau,Spanoulis etc he got what he deserved! Players should open their eyes, do you want to play 83 useless games for Memphis,where players play for themselves to get good stats, or do you want to play in 3 different competitions where every game counts? If i was a player of that standard I know what I would choose.

Banned

i think he is not overrated, i think rudy is a very good player, not great but very good. and he could do very well in a top euroleague team, he had the chance to go to barca nd turned it down to go to the NBA, like Navarro, Rigeadeau,Spanoulis etc he got what he deserved! Players should open their eyes, do you want to play 83 useless games for Memphis,where players play for themselves to get good stats, or do you want to play in 3 different competitions where every game counts? If i was a player of that standard I know what I would choose.
    If he goes back to Europe yes he would either play for Barca (most likely) or Real. However all this revisionist history about how he turned down Barca and would have played for them is nonsense.

The truth is that he never even considered playing for Barca. It was CSKA or Portland. The stuff about he would have signed with Barca is just nonsense. His only considerations were CSKA and Portland at that time.

If he goes back to Europe yes he would either play for Barca (most likely) or Real. However all this revisionist history about how he turned down Barca and would have played for them is nonsense.

The truth is that he never even considered playing for Barca. It was CSKA or Portland. The stuff about he would have signed with Barca is just nonsense. His only considerations were CSKA and Portland at that time.
    never said he would have gone, said he had the chance because barca wanted him. that doesnt mean he would have accepted.
    cska apart from the fact they play a shite league and that you would live in a pretty different city would have still been better than NBA.