Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: eurobasket2009

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: eurobasket2009

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Pelekanos would be the starting SF for Spain's national team.
    that a fact as well? because all your opinions are facts. Man be more humble express your opinion but your opinion is not a fact. Rubio is playing amazing basketball last night barca felt it when he was on the bench.In this barca team rubio is more important than Navarro for me. Last night Navarro had a stinker.They say rubio is not a shooter,maybe not but hell look at this year's 3 pt stats especially his last 12 games or so in euroleague and acb it is a lot better than most shooters.
    pelekanos played in Madrid,well tried to anyway. I really don't think he is even better than san emeterio from caja laboral,now I am not saying this is a fact it is my opinion.You have every right to disagree.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    that a fact as well? because all your opinions are facts. Man be more humble express your opinion but your opinion is not a fact. Rubio is playing amazing basketball last night barca felt it when he was on the bench.In this barca team rubio is more important than Navarro for me. Last night Navarro had a stinker.They say rubio is not a shooter,maybe not but hell look at this year's 3 pt stats especially his last 12 games or so in euroleague and acb it is a lot better than most shooters.
    pelekanos played in Madrid,well tried to anyway. I really don't think he is even better than san emeterio from caja laboral,now I am not saying this is a fact it is my opinion.You have every right to disagree.
    Victor Claver anyone?

22nd 2009 draft.

It would be surprising that Pelekanos was a starter for Spain, when he was the last player of Madrid the year he played there. And it was not a Madrid great team

Decent playground baller

Apparently your English is very poor. Rubio is the most over hyped and overrated player that has ever lived. That is a FACT. He is the same player basically as Rajon Rondo and yet he is said to be the greatest European player that ever lived.

Considering that there were European players like Drazen and Galis that means that it is a simple fact that he is THE most overrated player EVER in history. I think Rondo is great and everything but he is nowhere near to being comparable to the best ever European players - guys like Drazen and Galis. That is about where Rubio is and yet literally universally he is called the best European player that ever lived.

It's amazing that SPAINARDS do this and then they turn around and call Pau the best European player. It's complete BS. It's the same Spanish fans that went crazy with the insane hype of Jasikevicius and Rudy. I mean sure Rubio is way better than Rudy is, but hell Rudy was called "better than Kobe" "the next Jordan" by so many Spanish fans.

And the funny thing in all of this is that Jasikevicius for how ridiculously Spanish fans over hyped him, was still way better than Rubio is now. If Rubio ends up a top NBA PG as you assert it only proves that he is the most overrated player to ever live.

Because remember he is supposed to be the next Maravich in scoring, the next Drazen in play making, and the next Nash in passing. He's already "the best European player that ever lived". Drazen and Galis and them were scrubs compared to him...............

Seriously, the Rubio hype and BS is so over the top that I am surprised that he is not already considered better than prime Jordan/Bird/Magic at just age 19. But give it another year with the insane Spanish hype machine and it will probably be the case.
    In Spain nobody was saying he would be the next Michael Jordan

For spanish fans and media it would be a success if he turned to be a Rajon Rondo. That would mean thay he is an allstar level player

However I believe he has potential to get better than Rondo, or worse...

As for Jasikevicius. He was a great player in Spain and in Israel. He came to Greece at the end of his carreer, but he was a superstar at Euroleague. Barcelona fansa loved him. An inmense clutch player. Now he is earning 3.5 million euros and playing at a 30% of his potential

Rudy Fernandez has been injured and has yet to adapt to the NBA style of play. In Europe he wasnt a shooter and in NBA its the only thing he does. Rudy is a very physical and explosive type of player. He needs to bet fit in order to play well

However I believe he can be a poor version of Manu Ginobili. I can really see him scoring 15 points per game with above 40% shooting on a playoff team

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman

For spanish fans and media it would be a success if he turned to be a Rajon Rondo. That would mean thay he is an allstar level player

As for Jasikevicius. He was a great player in Spain and in Israel. He came to Greece at the end of his carreer, but he was a superstar at Euroleague. Barcelona fansa loved him. An inmense clutch player. Now he is earning 3.5 million euros and playing at a 30% of his potential

Rudy Fernandez has been injured and has yet to adapt to the NBA style of play. In Europe he wasnt a shooter and in NBA its the only thing he does. Rudy is a very physical and explosive type of player. He needs to bet fit in order to play well

However I believe he can be a poor version of Manu Ginobili. I can really see him scoring 15 points per game with above 40% shooting on a playoff team
    Rudy fernandez is a great player for european basketball,his mistake like so many others' is this obssesion with the NBA. He will be back.
    Claver has potential because of his size,the talent is there,but his performances are very erratic ,I think he has a long way to go.

Banned

You guys are way off on Pelekanos. He is the best defender in the Euroleague and he is the most athletic player in the Euroleague. And he is having a very good season with Maroussi and they are a top 16 team and they are not some crap bottom feeder like Zalgiris, Cibona, Prokom at that level. They are much better than that.

And look at Spain's potentials for SF. There is no one as good as Pelekanos. No one. So it is funny how you guys can say how great Spain's national team is and then say how much Pelekanos sucks. When he would be Spain's starting SF if he was Spanish.

I mean really, Mumbru is still probably the best Spanish SF and he's not as good as Pelekanos at this point in time.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-15-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Banned

Victor Claver anyone?

22nd 2009 draft.

It would be surprising that Pelekanos was a starter for Spain, when he was the last player of Madrid the year he played there. And it was not a Madrid great team
    Claver is not even good enough to be the starting SF. There are other Spanish SF's better than him and he's actually really a PF anyway. And yes, Pelekanos is much better than Claver is.

Banned

I am not sure what your point is with this post but none of it disputed the fact that Rubio is the most overrated player ever.

Banned

Rudy fernandez is a great player for european basketball,his mistake like so many others' is this obssesion with the NBA. He will be back.
    Claver has potential because of his size,the talent is there,but his performances are very erratic ,I think he has a long way to go.
    I agree with you. Claver is not even that good right now at all. He's just athletic but he is still young so he will probably end up good in a few years. Rudy is a complimentary player but he needs to feel important in a team. He should be playing in a team like Barca and not in the NBA. Because he is not good enough to be a go to player on offense. His offense is way too predictable and his ball handling is too poor.

The difference is that in the NBA only 1 or 2 players really touch the ball on each team. In Europe many guys touch the ball. So he could use his passing ability and play making a lot more. In the NBA that skill will not be used simply because he is not good enough to be featured on offense.

His offense is no better at the Euroleague level and there his dribbling is even more of a weakness, but regardless his passing and play making ability would be utilized in Europe instead of just standing at the 3 point line.

He never even should have tried the NBA. To me Navarro would be a much better NBA player than Rudy is.

Decent playground baller

Claver is not even good enough to be the starting SF. There are other Spanish SF's better than him and he's actually really a PF anyway. And yes, Pelekanos is much better than Claver is.
    Claver has been playing at the SF for the last 2 years. In fact, Valencia have no more SF's than Claver, in order to give him confidence

Claver has more talent in a nail than Pelekanos in all his body. When Mumbru and Pelekanos coexisted in Madrid, there wasnt debate for anybody about who was better

Claver has a much bigger potential than Pelekanos, who I repeat, was remembered as one of the worst players of the recent history of Real Madrid.

Decent playground baller

I am not sure what your point is with this post but none of it disputed the fact that Rubio is the most overrated player ever.
    How can be Rubio be overrated if he has been a 5th draft pick and you are already assuming that he can reach the level of Rajon Rondo?

Wouldnt Rajon Rondo be a legit 5th draft pick?

Isnt much more overrated Andrea Bargnani who was numer 1 pick?

Rubio is suppossed to perform according to his draft pick in order to succeed. That is, to be an allstar player, which Rondo is

If Rubio performs in NBA according to his draft pick, that is allstar potential level, he will not be overrated. If people were thinking him to be the next MJ, he would have be picked on numer 1 spot

However, for me is the most exiting project of PG ever in Europe along with Tony Parker. Dont talk me about Nikos Galis, no one is USA knows him, he played in a 2nd division basketball. Just as Bodiroga.
    Last edited by Hyman; 01-15-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Decent playground baller

Super Pelekanos at Real Madrid

2.9 points, 1.5 rebounds, 11 minutes, 40% shooting, 1.9 efficiency points

He wouldnt even be called for the spanish NT. Suarez, San Emeterio, Claver are way better than him

Comparing a player like Claver with Pelekanos is laughable. Real Madrid would pay 2 million euros for the buy-out clause of Claver. No one would pay more than 300000 euros for the buy-out clause of Pelekanos

Claver is a future NBA player. Pelekanos top is being a very deep bench player on Madrid or Olympiakos

Claver is only 21 years old. Wait and see
    Last edited by Hyman; 01-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Banned

Claver has been playing at the SF for the last 2 years. In fact, Valencia have no more SF's than Claver, in order to give him confidence

Claver has more talent in a nail than Pelekanos in all his body. When Mumbru and Pelekanos coexisted in Madrid, there wasnt debate for anybody about who was better

Claver has a much bigger potential than Pelekanos, who I repeat, was remembered as one of the worst players of the recent history of Real Madrid.
    I don't care about what Pelekanos did in real Madrid. I am talking about NOW - in the CURRENT time. NOW at this time Pelekanos is better than Mumbru and Claver. In fact, Mumrbu and Claver don't even play for clubs as good as Maroussi or even in the Euroleague. Still Mumrbu is a good player, but Claver is just a raw guy with athletic ability at this point.

And since you keep bringing up Pelekanos in Real to me it shows your continued pattern of lacking knowledge about European basketball. Because you obviously don't know the things you claim to know.

For example, that Pelekanos suffered a SEVERE ankle injury in the preseason the year he was with Real and played all year on a very badly hurt and damaged ankle. If you really were Spanish as you claim, you would have known that. But based on your posts it is obvious that you don't.

Banned

How can be Rubio be overrated if he has been a 5th draft pick and you are already assuming that he can reach the level of Rajon Rondo?

Wouldnt Rajon Rondo be a legit 5th draft pick?

Isnt much more overrated Andrea Bargnani who was numer 1 pick?

Rubio is suppossed to perform according to his draft pick in order to succeed. That is, to be an allstar player, which Rondo is

If Rubio performs in NBA according to his draft pick, that is allstar potential level, he will not be overrated. If people were thinking him to be the next MJ, he would have be picked on numer 1 spot

However, for me is the most exiting project of PG ever in Europe along with Tony Parker. Dont talk me about Nikos Galis, no one is USA knows him, he played in a 2nd division basketball. Just as Bodiroga.
    You are a funny guy.

Banned

Super Pelekanos at Real Madrid

2.9 points, 1.5 rebounds, 11 minutes, 40% shooting, 1.9 efficiency points

He wouldnt even be called for the spanish NT. Suarez, San Emeterio, Claver are way better than him

Comparing a player like Claver with Pelekanos is laughable. Real Madrid would pay 2 million euros for the buy-out clause of Claver. No one would pay more than 300000 euros for the buy-out clause of Pelekanos

Claver is a future NBA player. Pelekanos top is being a very deep bench player on Madrid or Olympiakos

Claver is only 21 years old. Wait and see
    Pelekanos is way better than Claver. And I will say flat out Claver will NEVER be as good as Pelekanos is now. You just better hope that Pelekanos and Vasileiadis are not on Greece's team this summer.

Actually, Pelekanos is one of the very elite Greek players there is. IMO he's better than Diamantidis.

Decent playground baller

Pelekanos is way better than Claver. And I will say flat out Claver will NEVER be as good as Pelekanos is now. You just better hope that Pelekanos and Vasileiadis are not on Greece's team this summer.

Actually, Pelekanos is one of the very elite Greek players there is. IMO he's better than Diamantidis.
    Paramount comedy time