Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool
Default Derrick Rose >>>> Devin Harris. Now and Forever

I didnt see a thread about the Bulls/Nets game, but lets just talk about how much better Rose is than Harris.

I now see how Harris relies on drawing fouls to get to the line for his points. He is looking for a foul before he is looking to actually score the ball at times. Basically what I am saying, is he plays like a ***** when he plays like that. Harris shot the ball over the backboard in a major key possession at the end of the game with under 1:30, and missed so badly because he was only looking to draw a foul, not finish a basket. He then argued it and got served a Tech, that sealed the game. The kid had a nice first half, but it really ends there.

Harris went 6-18 from the field, 0-2 from 3point, and 10-11 from the charity stripe. So he didn't shoot well and only got 22 points because of drawing contact. He had 7 assists, which is nice, but Vince Carter had 39 points and helped Harris' assist count because he jacked so many shots.

Let's not forget to mention Harris had 3 turnovers and a technical when the game was there for either team to take with under 2 minutes to play. Can you say crumbling under the pressure?????

Now onto Rose. After being outplayed in the first half by Harris, Rose really stepped it up in the second half. Not only did he finish with 22,6,6, he shot a little better than Harris, going 8-18, 2-3 from 3point, and 4-4 from the ft line.

With the game tied late in the 4th, VC hit a 3 pointer to put the Nets up 96-93. What does Rose do? BG finds him for an open 3 and the rook takes the shot with complete confidence to tie the game back. Moments later he drove down the lane and dropped a mini-floater in to take a 98-103 lead. He scored 9 of his 22 in the fourth and finished with 1 TO for the game.

Im taking a lot away from Harris here, and a guy who has had a fantastic season so far doesn't deserve it necessarily. However, most out there believe Harris is better than Rose at this certain point, but it's just flat out not true. If the two are comparable in skills right now, how much better will Rose be in his 5th season like Harris is in right now.

People look at stats and say, Harris is better. Well we all know stats aren't everything, and while Harris' stats may be a little better, it's all about the EYE TEST. Watching the two go head to head, it's obvious who got the better of each other and who's team won the game.

ITS REALLY A SAD JOKE THAT ROSE WAS 8TH IN ASG VOTING AND DEVIN HARRIS WAS 11TH FOR GUARDS IN THE EAST AFTER THE LAST RETURNS. ARE PLAYERS LIKE LUKE RIDNOUR AND JAMEER NELSON BETTER THAN THESE TWO???? HELL NO, SO GET OUT AND VOTE FOR ROSE!

Last edited by Dengness9 : 12-15-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Derrick Rose >>>> Devin Harris. Now and Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I didnt see a thread about the Bulls/Nets game, but lets just talk about how much better Rose is than Harris.

I now see how Harris relies on drawing fouls to get to the line for his points. He is looking for a foul before he is looking to actually score the ball at times. Basically what I am saying, is he plays like a ***** when he plays like that. Harris shot the ball over the backboard in a major key possession at the end of the game with under 1:30, and missed so badly because he was only looking to draw a foul, not finish a basket. He then argued it and got served a Tech, that sealed the game. The kid had a nice first half, but it really ends there.

Harris went 6-18 from the field, 0-2 from 3point, and 10-11 from the charity stripe. So he didn't shoot well and only got 22 points because of drawing contact. He had 7 assists, which is nice, but Vince Carter had 39 points and helped Harris' assist count because he jacked so many shots.

Let's not forget to mention Harris had 3 turnovers and a technical when the game was there for either team to take with under 2 minutes to play. Can you say crumbling under the pressure?????

Now onto Rose. After being outplayed in the first half by Harris, Rose really stepped it up in the second half. Not only did he finish with 22,6,6, he shot a little better than Harris, going 8-18, 2-3 from 3point, and 4-4 from the ft line.

With the game tied late in the 4th, VC hit a 3 pointer to put the Nets up 96-93. What does Rose do? BG finds him for an open 3 and the rook takes the shot with complete confidence to tie the game back. Moments later he drove down the lane and dropped a mini-floater in to take a 98-103 lead. He scored 9 of his 22 in the fourth and finished with 1 TO for the game.

Im taking a lot away from Harris here, and a guy who has had a fantastic season so far doesn't deserve it necessarily. However, most out there believe Harris is better than Rose at this certain point, but it's just flat out not true. If the two are comparable in skills right now, how much better will Rose be in his 5th season like Harris is in right now.

People look at stats and say, Harris is better. Well we all know stats aren't everything, and while Harris' stats may be a little better, it's all about the EYE TEST. Watching the two go head to head, it's obvious who got the better of each other and who's team won the game.

ITS REALLY A SAD JOKE THAT ROSE WAS 8TH IN ASG VOTING AND DEVIN HARRIS WAS 11TH FOR GUARDS IN THE EAST AFTER THE LAST RETURNS. ARE PLAYERS LIKE LUKE RIDNOUR AND JAMEER NELSON BETTER THAN THESE TWO???? HELL NO, SO GET OUT AND VOTE FOR ROSE!

LOL look at the thing under my username . and yeah i couldn't believe how low he was on the list, but on another note, devin harris wasnt even ON the list . that's ridiculous, especially for a first pick
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice post. I love it how Rose takes over in the second half. It's awesome to see a rookie out there with so much confidence. Teams have to focus on him in order to have a prayer of slowing him down.

I love Devin Harris, and believe he'll be a big name for the foreseeable future. Thing is, I'd take Derrick Rose over the Devin Harris of today, hands down. The only thing Harris has on Rose is that he knows his personal, and experience goes a long way in the NBA.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

here's another thing.... Harris is 25 or 26.... Rose just turned 20!
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Nice post. I love it how Rose takes over in the second half. It's awesome to see a rookie out there with so much confidence. Teams have to focus on him in order to have a prayer of slowing him down.

it's good too because he has no doubt in crunch time . like the other day he made two clutch 3s, even though we all know he isn't a 3 point shooter . idk why the team seems to have no confidence in him though .. sometimes ben and larry will just hold the ball and not even let him touch it . i wish he would just drive every time .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Dengness9

I love the fact that all three of you echoed what I am saying, and you all had great points. And yea emsteez, under your name is a true equation.

I wish Rose had control and trust over the offense like CP3 has it down in NO. Then he would be at 20/8/4 on the year for sure.

And one more thing, I agree emsteez, that I wish Rose would just drive or pop that mid range jumper 80% of the bulls possessions every game.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I understand Rose taking less shots in the 1st half, lets his teamates involve, then take over in the 4th. What I dont understand is why play real defense only in the 4th... dunno if its bec of lack of stamina with him being a young rook playing heavy minutes and he's just pacing himself.

I cant wait to see Drose get the same respect from refs as Devin. Once Rose gets the calls he deserves, he'll get to the line 6-8 times. That will help chicago in a lot of ways. He'll get his pts, oponents will get in foul trouble, opponent will be in penalty etc Maybe next yr.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 AM   #8
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I understand Rose taking less shots in the 1st half, lets his teamates involve, then take over in the 4th. What I dont understand is why play real defense only in the 4th... dunno if its bec of lack of stamina with him being a young rook playing heavy minutes and he's just pacing himself.

I cant wait to see Drose get the same respect from refs as Devin. Once Rose gets the calls he deserves, he'll get to the line 6-8 times. That will help chicago in a lot of ways. He'll get his pts, oponents will get in foul trouble, opponent will be in penalty etc Maybe next yr.

Hmm. I don't think it is fair or accurate to say that Rose only plays defense in the 4th quarter. This might be a good time to remember that our newest super-hero is still a rookie right now. I think it might be more accurate to say that defense is the part of his game with the most room for improvement.

Before Derrick ever played a minute as a Pro people said it was his shooting that would need time to develop. However, It takes some time to adjust to the speed and experience of guarding NBA point guards. It seems to me that this is the final piece of the puzzle for Rose.

To Rose's credit, he is one of the fastest learners I have ever seen on a Basketball court. He literally learns in the first freaking half of a game what most of these guys need several seasons to learn. His defense is better in the forth quarter right now because he learns so fast. This "kid" is mentally even more ahead of the pack than he is physically.

Although the word genius is tossed around far too casually these days, I believe Derrick is a genius. Basketball is his craft but I feel very comfortable saying I am certain Rose would excel at anything he puts his brilliant mind to.

Derrick Rose is Sugar Ray Robinson with a basketball in his hands rather than his hands in a pair of gloves. Derrick Rose is Stephen Hawkins with a crossover rather than as a physicist. Derrick Rose is Mozart with a dazzling and lightening fast lane to the hoop through heavy traffic that no one else can see. Derrick Rose is Barrack Obama connecting to the people with a Jumpshot (with all due respect to the president-elect for his own Basketball passions) rather than as an orator of political truth in near-poetic form.

Laugh, snicker, criticize, object...say what you want about my placing Derrick with the "giants of men" in my above paragraph. It wont change the fact that Derrick Rose is indeed a Basketball genius.

Oh BTW, nice thread Dengness.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
Dengness9

Thanks celtic. I like where you went with it, I wouldn't have said it the same way, but I feel the same way in that Rose is a bball genius at the age of 20 already.

My opinion on Rose's defense.... HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT DEFENSE!!! He could be a great defender right now if he wanted to but he kinda just coasts on D. I think he just is trying to save his energy because of how many minutes he plays, and because of how much energy he spends on offense. He'll eventually become a 1st-3rd team defensive player IMO, and I say that only because he can be as good at any aspect of bball he wants to be.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Thanks celtic. I like where you went with it, I wouldn't have said it the same way, but I feel the same way in that Rose is a bball genius at the age of 20 already.

My opinion on Rose's defense.... HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT DEFENSE!!! He could be a great defender right now if he wanted to but he kinda just coasts on D. I think he just is trying to save his energy because of how many minutes he plays, and because of how much energy he spends on offense. He'll eventually become a 1st-3rd team defensive player IMO, and I say that only because he can be as good at any aspect of bball he wants to be.

Yeah... I think he will be fine on the defensive end with a few years of pro ball under his belt... I remember people said Jordan was below average defensively in his rookie season, but he worked hard to improve and became a great defender in his 4th or 5th season....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

yeah Rose did his thing on harris he is already better than him right when ppl were high on harris as the next big PG

ill give DROSE his props even i was impressed watching that game
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #12
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Derrick Rose >>>> Devin Harris. Now and Forever

Now he needs to learn when to finish a drive and when to pull up and take a shot or pass to a teammate. Okafor single-handedly kept the Bobcats in the game last night by blocking Rose as much as he did. I like that Rose admitted after the game that he shouldn't have gone straight up for a layup at the end of regulation, but that's something he should have figured out by then. Okafor does one thing great - block shots. The first thing Rose should have done, and should do in the future, is look for the pass to the guy Okafor should be defending.

Although I can't blame Rose completely - Vinnie should have had Okafor's guy setting the picks at the top to get him out of the lane. That would have cleared things up for Rose inside, and Okafor definitely isn't as quick defensively on the perimeter as Diaw who was trapping Rose all night.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anybody who would take Devin over Rose needs their head checked. I'm not hating on devin he is a great player who is still yet to hit his prime but right now Rose's ceiling is not even imaginable.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: