Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Who's career will be regarded as better: Tim Duncan or Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    By me, it will be Tim Duncan by a large margin. It's not even close.
    Not even close? <idiot>

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    Not even close? <idiot>
    Great detailed post with tons of reasons debating the 'idiot's' opinion.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch_City
    Whatchu Talkin'? He had David Robinson for 2 of their titles. Duncan had better role players also with Elliot and alll them. Kobe and Shaq. Thats it. Nadda. But, as for career, Duncan gets the edge. And, Kobe, in terms of producing points.

who gives a **** if he had DRob (on decline) and all those role players? the main is he won all those titles as the main man, can we say the same thing about Kobe? no of course not!

If we talking about being lucky Kobe is lucker coz he had Shaq in his prime and Duncan had DRob wayyyy passed his prime.

College star

Until Kobe wins as the "man" he's not better than Duncan

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    Tim Duncan folks, especially if he wins another ring.

a better topic would be,

Tim Duncan or Shaq.
    exactly

Two scoring titles. And I don't think that's enough to outweigh Duncan's edge in all-NBA and defensive team selections, DPOY/MVP voting finishes, MVP's, Finals MVP's etc.
    Yeah Duncan will have the better career, more then likely unless Kobe gets the help Duncan has had his ENTIRE career...but what accolades does Kobe have?

What's more funny is that your arrogant ass named All-NBA team and All-Defensive team for Duncan, but forgot to mention how many times Kobe made those teams in his career?

Duncan has always been in a better situation then Kobe, he has always been the leader of his team...he would have NEVER won those MVP's if he played along side Shaquille and we all know that, no player in the world including Jordan would have won MVP playing along side Shaquille in his prime years, he's was too much of a force.

Kobe will arguably be considered the greatest scorer of all-time...a player who will most likely make atleast 10 All-NBA teams, 6-7 1st-Team Defense, he'll win a couple more scoring titles, will make the All-Star game around 15 times, 3 championship titles. I see Kobe having 6-7 more good years in him.

He must win 2 MVPs, 2 Titles, 2 scoring titles, make 4-5 All-NBA teams, 2-3 All-Defensive teams in those 6-7 years...to have a shot at not only beating TD but to actually be a legit candidate to be one of the 10 greatest players ever.

I don't see Kobe having a better career then TD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Yeah Duncan will have the better career, more then likely unless Kobe gets the help Duncan has had his ENTIRE career...but what accolades does Kobe have?

What's more funny is that your arrogant ass named All-NBA team and All-Defensive team for Duncan, but forgot to mention how many times Kobe made those teams in his career?
    How about you learn to read. I asked what accolades Kobe has over Duncan. Yes, Kobe has all-NBA and defensive team selections, but Duncan has more of them, which is why they weren't mentioned. Like I said, the only accolades Kobe has over Duncan is two scoring titles, and I don't think that's enough to outweigh Duncan's edge in all-NBA/defensive selections, MVP's, and Finals MVP's (and soon, rings).

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Which is stupid. People care more about 81 points from Kobe than Duncan not having less than 50 wins in any season of his entire career.
    Scoring 81 points in 1 game > Winning 50+ games in a season

81 points is alpha and aesthetic.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Let's be real, Kobe is GOAT #5 and Duncan GOAT #6.