Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GothamKnight
    Wonder Woman + thinking Spiderman 2 was the best superhero movie. Spiderman 2 had way too much love bs in it
    LOL...all superheros have a love interest in their movies....

Superman 2 was just an awesome movie top to bottom.

I'm sorry you were so offended by Wonder Woman. Next time I'll choose a more suitable superhero for your "preferences".

it seems that somebody here is insecure with their sexuality.

I have your Pirates update.

It's kicking @ss and not stopping:

It is now the 16th highest grossing movie of All time in the U.S. at $321 million and climbing fast.....

It just passed a Harry Potter, a LOTR, and a Star Wars movie on the list...

And I still don't get it.....

Default JOhnny

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley? do u not see why this movie is grossing so much? JOHNNY DEPP For God's sakes...plus it's a great plot...

they're the hottest cast in any movie...even mr. and mrs. smith...brad's a whore btw...that's why angie luvs him so much..she's just like him...

and it's got a great Piratey feel to it...makes you want to be a pirate

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW:I need to shoot something...where's that monkey?, why is the rum always gone?

it was hilarious...

Monster in the House would have opened at no. 1, but Lady in the Water took away its business.

Pirates II isn't as good as the first movie, but it was better on the second viewing.

Lady in the Water will still come ok - it cost around $55 to make, and it should probably break even here in the U.S. and it will make a ton worldwide. The Village made $250 million overall, including worldwide numbers.

I was surprised Clerks II didn't do better money wise, but My Super Ex-Girlfriend took away some of its business. I have a feeling, Clerks II will do ok this weekend and make around $25 million overall (not the $100 million I initially predicted due to movie reviews).

Future D1 Dad

pirates 2 was ok. more action and great effects. a tad too long though.
    monster house looks ok for kids.
    lady in the water looks dumb, but might be ok. that m. night shallawhatever guy makes neat flicks. his best was invincible.
    clerks 2 shouldn't have been made. that last movie w/ those characters was a piece of crap. i wouldn't go see it if i had free tickets.
    Last edited by jbot; 07-24-2006 at 07:30 AM.

Nowitzki41MFFL
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

its a great movie thats why

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    pirates 2 was ok. more action and great effects. a tad too long though.
    monster house looks ok for kids.
    lady in the water looks dumb, but might be ok. that m. night shallawhatever guy makes neat flicks. his best was invincible.
    clerks 2 shouldn't have been made. that last movie w/ those characters was a piece of crap. i wouldn't go see it if i had free tickets.

That's not an M. Night Shyamalan movie. However, he did make a movie called Unbreakable which was totally sweet.

Saw a basketball once

I personally went to see the movie more than once (Sue me, I'm a ****in' dork) so obviously I thought it was good stuff. I guess it's somewhat a kiddie movie, but it's still appealing. I don't usually like that kind of thing, but ah...there's something about this one.

Johnny Depp is absolutely amazing. He was by far my favorite actor anyway...but in these he's just incredible. I can't imagine any other actor making Jack Sparrow as 'real' and unique as he is.

I thought it was an excellent sequel. I was actually surprised to find a ton of people who didn't dig it. If you weren't a fan of the first one, I can understand you not really enjoying this one...but a ton of people who loved the first one, hated this one.

Not airballing my layups anymore vagabond's Avatar

I was really disappointed yeah the special effects were good and parts were quite amusing but, it was the best part of 3 hrs for half a movie!!!

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    LOL...all superheros have a love interest in their movies....

Superman 2 was just an awesome movie top to bottom.

I'm sorry you were so offended by Wonder Woman. Next time I'll choose a more suitable superhero for your "preferences".
    I'm a huge Spiderman fan (used to collect/read the comics, etc). The whole love story is way too cheesy. It didn't have to be that way. Her running to the apt in her wedding dress? UGH. That's straight out of a chick flick. Mary Jane was sexy in the comic book. whatshername in the movie is not sexy at all. She's anorexic and cute.

Lady in the Water got a ONE STAR rating. You guys gotta stay away on this one. Definitely dont sleep on Pirates 2, it was one of the highlights of the summer blockbusters. People who havent actually seen it will claim its too long, because when you're actually watching it, time flies by b/c of the nonstop action and entertainment. I like the cliffhanger at the end too. The third installment is going to be sick.

Not airballing my layups anymore vagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    Lady in the Water got a ONE STAR rating. You guys gotta stay away on this one. Definitely dont sleep on Pirates 2, it was one of the highlights of the summer blockbusters. People who havent actually seen it will claim its too long, because when you're actually watching it, time flies by b/c of the nonstop action and entertainment. I like the cliffhanger at the end too. The third installment is going to be sick.

That wasn't a cliff hanger, that was a, we're now half way through 1 movie that has been split in two.

I wouldn't bother until the 2nd half comes out. Happy to watch it when I get to see the end of the film. But felt short changed sitting through three hours for the film not to come to a conclusion.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Phesto
    That's not an M. Night Shyamalan movie. However, he did make a movie called Unbreakable which was totally sweet.
    that's what i meant. unbreakable was his best movie to date. signs was the worst.

Was it this thread that TMOGE ripped geewiz a new one about this past weekend's movie earnings?

I remember something about geewiz saying Clerks 2 will make alot of money and TMOGE came in and just shred him to pieces.

Funny stuff.